UKFF Dolt of the Year 2007

tiger_rick

UKFF Dolt of the Year 2007  

269 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry for the slightly rambling post ....I'm really gonna hate myself for writing this cos it gets me dragged back into the whole ya shoulda been in this poll hitman debate...but...Dont the peop,e who are in the poll actually like the fact theyre in it? I mean theyre in this poll every year they get nominatted and still they dont change surely the whole purpose of the poll is to show those that are acting like total mongs (myself included) they need to change?It's almost as if the winner will take pride in the fact he's dolt of the year....which if i was in the list i wouldnt do so i'd look at why im in the poll and even though im not i gotta admit i shoould have been....the aim has to be ensuring your not nominated again next year surely?

• Moderators

The thing is, even though you probably post a bit less and stop to think about whether or not something you post is going to get you scorned and mocked, the things you say are still inevitably stupid. It's just that you're keeping a lower profile, and there's too many idiots to put you all on the final ballot.Sorry to use you as my example, but this does apply to all former nominees, with the exceptions of nominations like Mo this year whose recent antics have made him something of a flavour of the month, although he is still capable of having a decent conversation when he hasn't got his head up his own ass.

The thing is, even though you probably post a bit less and stop to think about whether or not something you post is going to get you scorned and mocked, the things you say are still inevitably stupid. It's just that you're keeping a lower profile, and there's too many idiots to put you all on the final ballot.Sorry to use you as my example, but this does apply to all former nominees, with the exceptions of nominations like Mo this year whose recent antics have made him something of a flavour of the month, although he is still capable of having a decent conversation when he hasn't got his head up his own ass.

hey using me as a example is fine most critticism my way is usually warrantedI stand by my point that the majority on the poll wont take this as advice on changing their posting habits though.

I'm not happy to be nominated, and I have changed my posting habits even up to the point were I don't use exclamation marks any more. I think no matter what your reputation stays with you. I still argue the point that I do contribute in the wrestling section, but due to my "off topic antics" (Brookside, kids TV, nostalgia) my reputation carries over. The thing is, is if you just accept being Dolt of the year and try to laugh it off and say "yeah I'm a dolt hahah" people will say you shouldn't be proud of it. But if you turn around and argue it people will say your being uptight, so it's catch 22 really. When do the poll's close for this? It looks like I'm going to win, so do I just accept it gracefully and laugh it off?In all honesty I think I would have got a lot of votes, but not as many if I didn't make a fuss over it and try argue.

No,if it bothers you that much that you feel you have to do something, then the thing to do would be to NOT post in this thread after every accusation or post, take points on board and go about changing your style...you havent done that

Edited by klown

• Paid Members

I'm not happy to be nominated, and I have changed my posting habits even up to the point were I don't use exclamation marks any more. I think no matter what your reputation stays with you. I still argue the point that I do contribute in the wrestling section, but due to my "off topic antics" (Brookside, kids TV, nostalgia) my reputation carries over. The thing is, is if you just accept being Dolt of the year and try to laugh it off and say "yeah I'm a dolt hahah" people will say you shouldn't be proud of it. But if you turn around and argue it people will say your being uptight, so it's catch 22 really. When do the poll's close for this? It looks like I'm going to win, so do I just accept it gracefully and laugh it off?In all honesty I think I would have got a lot of votes, but not as many if I didn't make a fuss over it and try argue.

Winning Dolt of the Year awards you a 6 months banning from UKFF. You'll have plenty of time to come to terms with it.

Who's the complete muppet who after every insignificant milestone puts 'BAZZILLIONTH POST', or whatever, in big honking bold type.Because, they're a cunt. And they should 'win' this by a mile.And be shot.

That would be Mab. who incidently has posted that he doesn't care about his rep on here and has since posted that he's tried to change his ways which of course shows that he does care.To answer hitman's point, I don't think those nominated should care and change their habits, if they do then that makes them an even bigger cretin for caring so much about wht the members of an internet forum think about them. Edited by Keith Houchen

I hadn't really a clue, to be honest.I know good posters by their names, everyone else i'm either ignorant too or recognise a quirk about them that makes me hate them.Either way, yes, Mab should run away with this. Then, just run away entirely.

I know good posters by their names, everyone else i'm either ignorant too or recognise a quirk about them that makes me hate them.

Same here to be honest. There are certain posters I like discussing stuff with so I always recognize their names. As far as the 'bad' ones go, as long as don't start personal arguments/'flame wars' or talk down to people I can put up with most people just fine.