The UKFF

freaky

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Apologies to all for feeding the troll, but sometimes it's just *so* easy.

(Apparantly there's a limit on the number of quotes you can have, so I'll have to revert to italics.)

Lister bitches and moans about gimmicks in this place yet his of being 'the most knowledgable man in Britain' is quite simply bollocks.

Have I ever claimed that? I know a fair bit about wrestling, but no more than anyone else who's paid attention over the years.

Wow you were in Beyond The Mat and used to write the occasionaly piece in Powerslam - who cares?

I don't know who cares. Or care who cares. It was every month for two years, plus a few pieces this year, as it happens. But as far as I can remember I've never discussed or mentioned my own PowerSlam work here, and I've only mentioned Beyond the Mat where somebody's brought it up, or it's directly relevant to a question.

You weren't the only Brit who made the trip to see Funk's retirement

Nope. Though I think I was only one of two, if that's really important to you.

and you weren't the only prick who felt letdown a few months later.

Have I ever posted anything to that effect? If I have, it must have been once or twice in the following ten years.

You were nothing to that magazine in comparison to Butcher or Chatra

If you say so. Can't say I really mind either way. The cheques still cleared.

that's why you post here to make yourself feel worthwhile.

I post here to make myself feel worthwhile for not being as important to a magazine as Butcher and Chatra? Is that charge meant to make any sense?

Duz yur plane Engerlish campaign inklude the wurd Cunt?

Not my campaign, I just worked there. Three years ago.

Are you giving refunds for the piece of shit you call a book.

Not as a general rule. But if you did buy it, and you'd like to pm me with your details, and some valid reasons as to why it isn't what was advertised, perhaps we can sort something out.

I remember hearing years ago possibly from yourself you were scribbling down all ECW results from the Observer and Power Slam

No, you didn't.

and what you have essentially done is get some arsehole publisher with more more money than sense to publish these.

That's a good one. You do realise it was self-published? So I guess I'm the arsehole. I don't know about more money than sense, but I know I have a fair bit more money than before.

You write like you were there for it all and you bloody weren't.

No I don't. No more than any most history writers.

You've guessed alot of it

No, I didn't guess anything.

and filled in the gaps with lies

If you mean I've lied myself, that's untrue and libellous. If you mean the book is affected by lies from people in the wrestling business, most likely it is. That's one of the main drawbacks about chronicling wrestling.

which you have later apologised for.

I've apologised for the factual errors. That's basic journalism. As I've pointed out, if most other books did so, the corrections list would stretch to several pages.

Yawn it's about as interesting as you.

Having read the reviews overall, I can only say thanks for the compliment.

Incidentally, how long and how regularly were you reading this forum before you registered? Because you sure seem to know a lot about people for someone who only signed up four days ago.

And don't you find it just a little ironic that somebody complaining about the posters on here, and writing in a "this place is rubbish" thread, has only actually posted six times, five of them to slag off other posters.

Edited by JNLister

I'm just honoured he said nice things about me :) Its good to help, specially with that Mania dream :)and for the record, Beaste is a stand up guy, good to see him get called an Ulsterman as well :) in all fairness, he does take a lot of undeserved flack on here.Meh, its a wrestling board, post on any one of them for longer than a month and im sure we are all guilty of ideas of grandeur and been all knowng in one way,shape or form, its how we react away from the forum that we should be judged on. After all, its far too easy to be a twat on places like this.But still, was nice for bubble ray to actually acknowledge me...noone else does :(:laugh:

Yeah, wrestling fan from Sheffield was right, yer all a bunch of cunts, except me like, I'm sound.If he want to whinge let him, fuck if he can't take a bit of shit over the internet he should unlpug his computer.I'll be honest I've really lost intrest in this place (and wrestling on a whole) but while a lot of twats on here were fucking annoying, meself included, buts thats all part of the fun, gotta say while I thought it was a funny letter this place aint that bad.Thats a shoot.AND THATS NO B.S, THAT'S E...S.......Ah fuck, wrong shoot.

Also there are so many non entities on this place that have amassed an unbelieveable number of posts yet not one of them posts anything of any note. Ultimo and Haraga I point my fat digit at you!

:D point it somewhere else, i've not been into that for several years now.I'm geniunely hurt by your comments and will have a little cry later.I think G will take the "promoting his lair of filth" line as a compliment and several of the posters you mentioned are always a good read, well exept me obviously.

• Paid Members

If it was Zapp Branagan then I'm disapointed that I never got mentioned. I think me calling him a cunt sent him off the deep end.and also

It works out at 2 a day for years NOT days or months. Years man. Take into account days lost for holidays,sickness,cruising or visiting shitty promotions in The Midlands [where you sit on your hands and look bored] I think you'll find it does take your posts per day up. If you post and contribute nothing THEN use the old 'newbies' argument it does make you a whore.

I resent that!

Bubble Ray - that opening rant was as good as the one Flair delivered when he returned to WCW in September 1998!Stick to the less is more philosophy...that is my advice for sure. Totally agree with everything you said.On the subject of people handing out Mania advice, the fella who is doing that is hardly doing a public service though. People who want to go to Mania surely don't need to be spoon fed the info do they?The only thing you failed to mention were the cunts at shows who try to get themselves over by acting like pricks when they have front row tickets (normally to WWE UK TV events).A poster with the initials RR would fit into this category...

i dont think its as bad as it once was.a couple of years back i felt it to be very pompous.on the other hand id rather have this than the wrestling section on BBC 606thats just fucking painful

I read this then went to bbc 606 as i didnt know they had a wrestling forum. Dear lord it does look painful but a poster said somethin really ammusing on it concerning somebodys questions about Jerichos Schedule when somebody else said he would probably be working a lighter schedule.............

We may be liable to sue then.we wer promised 100% Jericho.so if the card does not look like this every weekJericho vs JerichoJericho vs Jericho vs JerichoJericho vs Jericho in an Ultimate Jericho MatchJericho vs Jericho (Jericho in a cell)and a last man Jericho match with just Jericho.il be calling my laywers.Man one friday in and iv gone mental.

• Paid Members

Apologies to all for feeding the troll,

:laugh::laugh::laugh: You calling someone else a troll. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Enough of the passive aggressive trolling already Mo. Its really obvious

Since when have laughing smileys been aggressive? :)Doing this might be 'passive aggressive'- A Lister post from December summing up his 2006:

I've had a superb year. Things I've done for the first time:* Got a plasma TV* Sold an article to a national newspaper* Sold the 1000th copy of my book* Printed business cards AND got my own (professional) website* Made enough money from freelance writing during a full calendar month to cover my living costs - ie, been a professional* Saw a game at Anfield* Saw Ian Rush, Kenny Dalglish and John Barnes play* Finished transferring my video collection to DVD* Shot past the eight stone mark.* Swum in the sea* Yoga* Rock climbing* Salsa* Approached a women I didn't know at a bar* Thrown a television from a high ledge* Gone overseas on holiday with a woman (as opposed to going overseas to go on holiday with a woman)* Gone to Greece* Turned 30* Tiled a wall* Been out of the house socially every day for a week* Arranged two dates for the same evening* Owned a double-bed* Owned a four-poster bed* Had somebody else share a four-poster bed

Yep, no ego to see here. Move on. Edited by MoChatra