The UKFF

freaky

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Its in the rules!! SPOILERS NEED SPOILER TAGS!! I made this mistake once and got soundly flagellated for it and deservedly so! If some Eugene reject doesn't bother reading the rules and gets razzed for it, who's fault is it?

You genuinely just made me laugh.Am I the only one who now really wants to know why Mo and Lister have such a problem with each other?

as someone said a few pages back anyone else would have been suspended/banned by now.

Indeed, and that's one area where the guy writing the letter has a point. If it was a disliked member, he'd be banned complete with a smartarse comment from neil, leading to other members saying "YOU RULEZ~~~!!!" or similar things.

Along with alot of members' signatures having something smart and harsh like "Your a fucking cunt". Fuck and cunt appears lots in signatures along with most replies.Wasn't funny the first time, backbreaking unfunny the second time. Repetition of seeing the stupid quote makes lameness :)Still, it's not a bad forum. Some funny and interesting things do come out of this (along with some funny UKFF traits) You just have to dig deep past the crap, the trolling and flaming to do so.

• Paid Members

as someone said a few pages back anyone else would have been suspended/banned by now.

Indeed, and that's one area where the guy writing the letter has a point. If it was a disliked member, he'd be banned complete with a smartarse comment from neil, leading to other members saying "YOU RULEZ~~~!!!" or similar things.
In most area's of life peoples previous is taken into account, right from spilling a drink over some to breaking the law and ending up in court. The UKFF's no different.

One problem the UKFF has is the warning system in place, here you're either suspended for a few days or banned out right for one offence. Another board I post on has a five strikes rule in place, each time you break the rules, you get a strike, five and your gone. Seems to work a lot easier.

Actually, I had members stand up for me when that happened.Actually it was only 1 member but the thread only had 4 members in it. Me, Neil, Mr Standy Uppy guy and the person I' insulted'.

I suspect part of the "problem" is that people are less likely to report established and/or popular members. Newbies who come in and shout their mouths off while breaking the rules will get reported a lot more quickly than, for example, Mo Chatra, despite Mo's trolling in this thread alone being absolutely outrageous.

• Paid Members

Just to clear up one point that some people seem to be struggling with:The original charge that set off all this amusement was that I act/claim to be more knowledgable than everyone else on here. As I pointed out, I'm sure there are plenty of people who know as much or more about me on wrestling overall. Pick a particular topic and there will be plenty of people who know much more than me. And whatever the case, I certainly don't intentionally try to argue that "I know more, I am better" or use any of my 'status' as part of my argument. Anything I write is intended to speak for itself.None of that should really need saying, but the "smoking gun" is apparantly my website's statement that "Professional wrestling is not a genuine sport, but it is a genuine industry. I am one of the most experienced and knowledgeable writers on that industry, with more than fifteen years' experience."Note the difference.I am very clearly referring to *writers*. As it appears on my professional website, it should be clear that I'm referring to professional writers, of the type that a professional publication would be comfortable in hiring for an article. Pointing out that, among professional writers, I'm one of the most experienced and knowledgable on pro wrestling isn't egotistical boasting, it's straightforward fact, and is directly relevant to the case being made, namely "hire me".Which is completely different from posting on a forum. On UKFF, I personally take the attitude that my qualifications, writing experience or background knowledge aren't relevant to me making a wrestling-related argument - it doesn't make what I say any more right or wrong. On my professional website, my knowledge *is* an important factor because it directly relates to how good a candidate I am for a particular type writing project.