The UKFF

freaky

Seen the latest issue of Power Slam?There's a letter in it, which I'm going to write out in full, to save you buying it or reading it in WHSmith.

Upon the recommendation of several friends, I decided to register with UKFF, a popular wrestling forum.At first, I was impressed by members' knowledge of pro wrestling history and backstage goings-on. But after a while, I noticed that some members, and particularly the administrators, had a pompous attitude towards new members, members with limited wrestling knowledge and, frequently, members who had opinions of their own.I felt the wrath of these people after I accidentally posted a topic without labelling it as a "spoiler". For committing this sin, I was insulted by other members and mocked for being dyslexic (I explained on the forum that I could neither read or write until I was 14).I would I recommend the UKFF to others? No. I found it to be full of bullying hypocrites, who slag off wrestling and those fans who genuinely love it.

Dunno about you, I but I feel quite proud reading that.At least this place won't have a slew on mongs signing up any time soon.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mr Adams

I have only been with UKFF a few days which I found fun and enjoyable. I have had no problems with anyone so I can not say the letter speaks for everyone.

People moaning about getting grief for posting spoilers does annoy me. If you sign up, you read the rules, then you start posting.Simple.Posting spoilers can really piss people off and is completely avoidable, regardless of whether you are a 30 year old wrestling fanatic or a 13 year old new fan.

My main problem with new signups is that, like many, I automatically assume them to be Hulkamania Fan until proved otherwise. This is probably confusing and a little insulting to those few newbies who actually AREN'T Hulky.Generally, I agree with the letter though. Many people are hugely insulting to those who dare display limited wrestling knowlege, ignoring the fact that many of them may be impressionably young wrestling fans for whom there is still some magic in the sport. Thank goodness that the UKFF is here so that the more jaded of us can while away the days shitting on their dreams from a great height.God bless the internet.