Working conditions in TNA

perfectbluefan

• Paid Members
It's the same as any company, they pay who they think is worth more to them more than others. Was Johnny Fairplay worth more to them than Johnny Devine? Probably was to be honest.

If you mean wages, sure, no argument there. If you mean stuff like medical and all that, pretty sure that's illegal, even under US law.

Last bit you're absolutely right, but that's not difficult - Johnny Devine was god-awful.

So was Johnny Fairplay. I agree with Butch's point overall but to suggest that Johnny Fairplay, who's 15 minutes of fame had ended even before he got to TNA and they used about 4 times because he was shit, is worth more than anyone else is just wrong.

Somebody's got to be better than somebody. Johnny Devine was one of the most anodyne, boring wrestlers TNA ever had, worse even than Jay Lethal. I'm not suggesting Fairplay wasn't shit, he just wasn't as utterly, totally and absolutely shit as Devine.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuff about medical costs is even more mental when you consider that in 2002 they were originally claiming they were going to be the first company to offer full health insurance to wrestlers, most companies just pay for injuries in the ring and that's all. Fast forward to a few years later and they don't even pay for an injury you get wrestling for them.

It's the same as any company, they pay who they think is worth more to them more than others. Was Johnny Fairplay worth more to them than Johnny Devine? Probably was to be honest.

Fair enough in the case of Devine, but was Jonny Fairplay really worth more than Kong, Gail Kim, Samoa Joe, who was going to leave after tna didn't want to pay him more than $800 a match, Daniels, AJ Styles and a whole bunch of other people he got paid way more than? I think Jenna Morasca even got more than Fairplay did and what did she mean to ratings?

Best you can say is, tna have their priorities way the fuck out of wack.

• Paid Members
Fair enough in the case of Devine, but was Jonny Fairplay really worth more than Kong, Gail Kim, Samoa Joe, who was going to leave after tna didn't want to pay him more than $800 a match, Daniels, AJ Styles and a whole bunch of other people he got paid way more than? I think Jenna Morasca even got more than Fairplay did and what did she mean to ratings?

Best you can say is, tna have their priorities way the fuck out of wack.

Samoa Joe was on way more than $800 a match when he was signed away from Ring of Honor and AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are on six figures and have been years. This pair were big players in TNA for years. They've never been on $800 a match contracts while they were on Spike TV. The likes of Beer Money, AJ Styles and Samoa Joe are on very good money, for the dates they work. Far more than WWE will ever pay them (expect Roode of course). Thats life. If they can earn more money elsewhere, thats all well and good. But most of the TNA roster cant, and if they could, they probably wouldnt be in TNA.

Dixie had actually set aside $1 million dollars for the Voodoo Kin Mafia's DX challenge (as part of the utterly outrageous work/shoot angle in which Kip and James put up $1 million and offered to fight DX on live television). Dave Meltzer reported at the time that Carter hilariously had been convinced the match would happen, and was even going around and asking people in the weeks following why WWE hadn't answered the challenge yet.

HAHA God I hope that part is true it just fits perfectly with my belief that Dixie is just a massive money mark and that TNA is just a vanity project.

Saying that, poor Brian Kendrick is having such a rough time he's had to go on the Price Is Right to make a few quid.

10da5q8.jpg

I think he only went away with a popcorn machine. Saying that I would have lol's if his bid was $420!

• Paid Members
Erm? Beyond the mat 2? :confused: It mentions that Dreamer was auditioning for a part in it? Is this defo happening?

Beyond the Mat was also a film Kurt Angle did recently where he plays a coach or some shit. Its not the sequal to the documentary.

Ah crap.... :laugh:

Edit I love in the trailer that the heel of the film is taking the piss out of him for being Asian with the Bruce Lee T and that, then they start playing the music from Dragon The Bruce Lee Story at the end...

Erm? Beyond the mat 2? :confused: It mentions that Dreamer was auditioning for a part in it? Is this defo happening?
I thought you were joking at first. But it is just a joke reference to Dreamer getting busted up in front of his wife & kids like Mick did in Beyond The Mat. Nothing more.

Saying that, poor Brian Kendrick is having such a rough time he's had to go on the Price Is Right to make a few quid.

10da5q8.jpg

I think he only went away with a popcorn machine. Saying that I would have lol's if his bid was $420!

Was it a celebrity charity thing or was he actually just a bog-standard contestant on it?

Archived