General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

I've been seeing Die Hard 6 pop up abit on Twitter which isn't something I'd like to see popping up. I love the first 3 and the fourth one is alright when ITV are showing it when your not expecting it. I haven't bothered with 5 as it doesn't interest me. I just don't want to see them cashing in on another one yet again. McClane was my hero growing up, I had white vests just like him and played Die Hard Trilogy on the PS1 for years none stop (I still play it to this day). Heartbreaking.

• Paid Members

They could make a million of them - it still shouldn't make even the slightest bit of difference to your memories of the originals. Endless shit sequels never stopped A Nightmare On Elm Street or Halloween two of the greatest horror films of all time.

Yeah your right. It's just easy to be very bitter, negative and critical of the new ones in a series of films your a fan of. Although I didn't particularly enjoy the fourth one it hasn't at all changed my opinion of the first three which is good.

Just out of interest - What did you think of the remake of Halloween by Rob Zombie?

• Paid Members

I haven't seen it and have no wish to do so as Rob Zombie is a useless cunt.

I expect it will be a long time, though, before I see a better remake than The Hills Have Eyes, as that was superb.

• Paid Members

Wasn't sure where to put this, but I figure this thread is probably the best option.

I sat down with horror legend Doug Bradley, aka Pinhead from Hellraiser for an interview recently to talk all thing about the film, as well as his career as a whole.

Interview here

I haven't seen it and have no wish to do so as Rob Zombie is a useless cunt.

I expect it will be a long time, though, before I see a better remake than The Hills Have Eyes, as that was superb.

Your right Rob Zombie is a cunt. He makes very shit music too. Although I was pleasantly surprised with the remake he produced in 2007. Plus his Mrs's, Sheri Moon Zombie is in it who is really fit.

Roland Emmerich in making very silly looking movie shocker

This Trailer is gloriously shit

Looks wonderfully trashy. There's another White House-Die Hard film coming out this year, but Emmerich's looks better.

Also, we can now have sassy black sidekick Presidents! Thankyou Obama.

The Hills Have Eyes is the best of the remake generation, surely? Probably better than the original. The sequel was pretty gutwrenching too.

• Paid Members
The Hills Have Eyes is the best of the remake generation, surely? Probably better than the original. The sequel was pretty gutwrenching too.

Friday the 13th wasn't bad (the originals are complete trash anyway -as much as I love them) the Halloweens were awful (especially the unbelievably bad second one), nightmare on elm st was pointless with none if the charm of the original, I really didn't like it. I remember thinking the first Texas chainsaw massacre with Jessica biel was ok but I haven't seen it since it was in the cinema. Hills have eyes was good, wouldn't say it was better than the original though. I didn't see Texas chainsaw massacre 3d, was it any good?

*Edit sucks about ray harryhausen, he was a hero of mine growing up.

Edited by Steve 'Big' Jobs