1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was deffinately coming. I suppose we will get a trademark Gauntey rant on here at some point.

Or a 'personal defence by Gauntley against his many detractors' if you want a more balanced view of it...?
Yes or that. I don't know of the guy personally but from what I can gather on here he seems like a bit of a twat. He doesn't sound like a good business man.....I mean the guy passes round a book for people to write nice messages about him in. From the sound of things it seems as though it's a miracle 1PW lasted as long as it did.

This is sad but most people saw it coming.I hope Kikutaro gets most of his money back.I'm also glad that I decided not to organise a weekend up there with my mates when it looked like Muta was not coming.

• Paid Members

It was deffinately coming. I suppose we will get a trademark Gauntey rant on here at some point.

Or a 'personal defence by Gauntley against his many detractors' if you want a more balanced view of it...?
Bollocks. They were right all along. He's been proven a foul mouthed idiot with no head for business.He tried to run before he could walk, ploughed in far too much money too quickly and booked shows he could wank over rather then shows that would draw. He could have had half the fly-in's on every show and drawn the same amount of people, probably even less than 1/2.

• Paid Members

1PW could have been a major promotion indeed, if it was handled in a better way, gutted its closed down because they put on some great shows, but the financial side was a complete circus, shame, but it was inevitable.

I have contacted the doncaster dome and they will be refunding tickets that were purchased from their box office.The commercial guy at the dome is out until monday so god knows what will happen with regard to tickets purchased from 1UP Games.Has 1UP Games gone into liquidation as well (there is no answer on the telephone) as the statement only says 1PW? if not then surely they are responsible for refund.Question, would the fans who have purchased tickets but dont use the web have been informed or would they have made the trip to find the doors shut??Can anyone please post a link to the 1PW as whenever i try it from work I get a "file not found" message.

while i hate to see any fed close i have always said they could never last paying costs they were paying, to please the indy darlings. to me they were happy to pay ridiculous money for guys who had over inflated ego's who did not give a toss for the company they work for. i hate to say i told you so but i get so much shit for sticking to my principles, but i say stick to the british ways and traditions and stop hero worshipping these indy numpties and we can get uk wrestling back in the limelight.

Sad that its gone down the pan, they put on some awesome shows and the memories of The anniversary show will live with me forever. Sad for all the workers on here too as it was a real stepping stone and somewhere to get noticed. anyway, sad its gone.