1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

I tried to warn you mate, I really did. If you're going to believe Crackhead Steve over me, then what can I say?

Cant they just use the ticket for the show on January 13th?
Of course they can, but it's not what they asked for, is it? if they can't get down to York Hall, they can't get to see Muta. Who wins? No-one, that's who.Well, RQW fans. But that's by-the-by.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Where would this leave 1PW's status in the KOE cup?

APW will have the slot :laugh: I'm sure there will be a respectable replacement maybe even someone from Japan after Alex Shane has helped saved the whole fiasco as it will probably put him over in Japan.
SPRULES GOD PLEASE PUT SPRULES IN!, I'll buy a whole fucking row of seats. Edited by Shockmaster

We really need to look at the root cause of the problem in order to prevent it from happening again in future:Money Mark promoters - created after the decline of the British Wrestling industry because, quite frankly, any old tom dick or harry can go out, hire a venue, hire wrestlers, hire a ring and promote a show. How can this happen? Because wrestlers in this country will generally sell their services to the highest bidder (as others do in everyday business). However, in doing so they are contributing to the demise of their own industry.In these circumstances fans lose money, promoters lose money, wrestlers lose another place to work and British Wrestling lose's even more integrity.Money Mark promoters are created because of dis-satisfaction with the current product. They are part of/want to cater for a niche audience e.g. Shimmer girls, TNA Indy wrestlers, death match pin cushion guys etc Now is the answer to carry on assisting these niche marketeers by sub-contracting your wrestling services and co-existing? OR (do as the FWA successfully did) add these elements to your existing shows in order to cater for both general and niche audiences? Fans want to see these attractions and will part with their cash in order to do so. Where the difference lies is whether or not the people within the British Wrestling industry decide to cater for alternative tastes or continue to sub-contract their services to support the niche market (which inevitably fails to support itself ala WrestleXpress, 1PW etc).

This is actually a really good post and it's a real shame that it'll probably go completely ignored and unchallenged. I accept that pro wrestling is an industry that has constantly evolved but right now, in this country especially, it's gone too far and desperately needs to go back a few steps.But that's a whole different thread that would be met with nothing but naive optimism.

We really need to look at the root cause of the problem in order to prevent it from happening again in future:Money Mark promoters - created after the decline of the British Wrestling industry because, quite frankly, any old tom dick or harry can go out, hire a venue, hire wrestlers, hire a ring and promote a show. How can this happen? Because wrestlers in this country will generally sell their services to the highest bidder (as others do in everyday business). However, in doing so they are contributing to the demise of their own industry.In these circumstances fans lose money, promoters lose money, wrestlers lose another place to work and British Wrestling lose's even more integrity.Money Mark promoters are created because of dis-satisfaction with the current product. They are part of/want to cater for a niche audience e.g. Shimmer girls, TNA Indy wrestlers, death match pin cushion guys etc Now is the answer to carry on assisting these niche marketeers by sub-contracting your wrestling services and co-existing? OR (do as the FWA successfully did) add these elements to your existing shows in order to cater for both general and niche audiences? Fans want to see these attractions and will part with their cash in order to do so. Where the difference lies is whether or not the people within the British Wrestling industry decide to cater for alternative tastes or continue to sub-contract their services to support the niche market (which inevitably fails to support itself ala WrestleXpress, 1PW etc).

This is actually a really good post and it's a real shame that it'll probably go completely ignored and unchallenged. I accept that pro wrestling is an industry that has constantly evolved but right now, in this country especially, it's gone too far and desperately needs to go back a few steps.But that's a whole different thread that would be met with nothing but naive optimism.
Thank you. I honestly feel that the British wrestling industry is self-harming rather than falling victim to circumstances beyond it's own control. I think we need another thread, in which I shall ask "what did happen to the British wrestling board of control and the idea of all working together?"

Thank you. I honestly feel that the British wrestling industry is self-harming rather than falling victim to circumstances beyond it's own control. I think we need another thread, in which I shall ask "what did happen to the British wrestling board of control and the idea of all working together?"

But if it's a board run by people who believe the current climate is acceptable, then surely it would be just as self harming?The possibilities are endless, it's just a shame it's not met with serious debate anymore.

But if it's a board run by people who believe the current climate is acceptable, then surely it would be just as self harming?The possibilities are endless, it's just a shame it's not met with serious debate anymore.
It's been a while since there was a debate on the UKFF but let's give it a shot http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=93299

Holy fuck no, don't do that!!! Last thing we need is another BofC discussion, only leads to:Who qualifies and who decides that?Hang on, why the fuck don't X, Y & Z qualify?We've put our money in, built our "territory" and training school. Now, suddenly someone is going to tell us what to do...erm, no!That's even before all the little in-fights and revealing of inside stories, THEN the fans get involved and you finally get heel wrestlers coming online to "big up" their own promotion and destroying what kayfabe/suspension of disbelief we have left. Your point above is good though, very good infact. If we all worked together then we could do everything, book shows so that there's a show within travelling distance every Thursday, Friday & Saturday for most (without including Dixon's All Star shows) make sure promotion's don't end up as near facsimilies of each other with duplicating rosters, build up venues, have a cross over of fans and even...Lord forbid...have some worked aggression, instead of all this ass kissing. You don't see Dixons saying "Go to Currys, they're fucking great too" and bugger me if I didn't live by that ethos with regards to SCW & BCW. Why should we have worked together, hell why should SWA and BCW work together now, better to have little tit bits of fighting and a sense of variation...concentrate on your product, shit on the others, but behind the scenes be able to trade info. Competition is good, hell if it's actual real competition then even better and have two rosters who actually want to outdo each other.Problem, as always, is the utter lack of transparency in the British scene and this "ooooh, I've got fans...better talk to them, hell better add them all to MSN and reply to every message on every forum" mentality. To wrestlers I say, get the fuck off the forums and grow up. Take your aliases and mates with you aswell. Once we've got the wrestlers off of the forums we can start working on everything else. It's not like everyone's sitting on their thumbs anymore, so there's no excuses for fans to say there's nothing to watch. They just need to realise whether they want to watch UK wrestling or spout "wouldn't it be nice to get back to the good old days" whilst jacking off over ever Indy tom, dick and harry who charges through the nose to come across here.

All i gotta say is from the start i said that 1pw would screw up and over pay imports, now a lot of UK promotions will lose out cause 1pw have made it impossible to match the stupid pay they gave the imports.So thanks 4 nothing 1pw :( the only plus side is that Sanja Bagga will prob have a big smile on his face, hang on thats not good.I wish people would have listened to Moj.

Holy fuck no, don't do that!!! Last thing we need is another BofC discussion, only leads to:Who qualifies and who decides that?Hang on, why the fuck don't X, Y & Z qualify?We've put our money in, built our "territory" and training school. Now, suddenly someone is going to tell us what to do...erm, no!That's even before all the little in-fights and revealing of inside stories, THEN the fans get involved and you finally get heel wrestlers coming online to "big up" their own promotion and destroying what kayfabe/suspension of disbelief we have left. Your point above is good though, very good infact. If we all worked together then we could do everything, book shows so that there's a show within travelling distance every Thursday, Friday & Saturday for most (without including Dixon's All Star shows) make sure promotion's don't end up as near facsimilies of each other with duplicating rosters, build up venues, have a cross over of fans and even...Lord forbid...have some worked aggression, instead of all this ass kissing. You don't see Dixons saying "Go to Currys, they're fucking great too" and bugger me if I didn't live by that ethos with regards to SCW & BCW. Why should we have worked together, hell why should SWA and BCW work together now, better to have little tit bits of fighting and a sense of variation...concentrate on your product, shit on the others, but behind the scenes be able to trade info. Competition is good, hell if it's actual real competition then even better and have two rosters who actually want to outdo each other.Problem, as always, is the utter lack of transparency in the British scene and this "ooooh, I've got fans...better talk to them, hell better add them all to MSN and reply to every message on every forum" mentality. To wrestlers I say, get the fuck off the forums and grow up. Take your aliases and mates with you aswell. Once we've got the wrestlers off of the forums we can start working on everything else. It's not like everyone's sitting on their thumbs anymore, so there's no excuses for fans to say there's nothing to watch. They just need to realise whether they want to watch UK wrestling or spout "wouldn't it be nice to get back to the good old days" whilst jacking off over ever Indy tom, dick and harry who charges through the nose to come across here.
oops sorry about that :blush: I think it's about time (and it's starting in some ways) that British wrestling companies worked together. I think that a few more promotions need to cease operations before anything positive comes of it though. The less promotions, the easier it is to draw and work together. The problem we have though is that wrestler A becomes unhappy in promotion B and decides "screw it, I'll set up a rival promotion and hire a ring". So Wrestler A starts running against Promotion B and suddenly we have twice as many promotions in one area. But the bigger problem is Ring Hirer C doesn't really mind who he hires out to (and why should he?) as long as they pay the going rate, because it's just business.It genuinely saddens me that something potentially so good cannot work far more efficiently than it currently does.

Firstly I'm going to apologies for not being able to get involved in the rights and wrongs of the way 1PW ran its shows talent wise, you guys are more able to ague this out way better than I can ever manage.What I am able to say with some authority is the business practices of 1UP Games/1PW Promotions has been suspect since May 2006, the 1UP Games business has been trading close to insolvency since May 2006, a very substantial amount of debt is to this day still has not be cleared by this business, 10's of thousands of pounds across a number of stock/service suppliers to 1UP Games.Since May 2006 all inquiries by creditors of 1UP Games have been handled by a firm of solicitors appointed by 1UP Games to handle its debt issues, finally in Aug 2006 1UP Games entered into voluntary liquidation, with most if not all outstanding debts still unpaid, as far as I'm aware this is still the case today.Well placed sources have been hinting at finance issues for a while now and 1PW fans have chose not to heed/ignore this information, not that I blame the 1PW fans, one thing I couldn't criticize is SG's ability to communicate with his customers and refute/brainwash them into thinking there where no issues and it was just other jealous wrestling promoters just making mischief (I think SG must have read Animal Farm at school)So 1UP Games screwed its suppliers/partners and focus moved onto 1PW promotions and now that seems to have screwed its employees, booked talent and more importantly its customers/fans...

Edited by Retronana

Keiji Mutoh is pissedFrom Zach Arnold at www.puroresupower.com

(1/07/07) - (All Japan) The closure of 1PW is drawing a furious, angry reaction from Keiji Mutoh & All Japan. Mutoh claims that he was swindled out of five million yen over the UK trip. The 1PW closure in the Daily Sports article is being played up essentially as the group disappearing and creating an unprecedent fraud case. Mutoh said that he received a "GOOD-BYE" e-mail right as 1PW was finished.

Here's the link to the Japanese story - Link

And, with a little help from babelfish:-

it weakened... 500 ten thousand Yen fraud damagesThe Buto = Tokyo Hachiozi citizen hall of the representative who is discouraged in fraud damage incident of greatOn the 6th, it became clear for great = age unknown = of professional wrestling Ra to be encountered to fraud damage. on the 13th in the English group "1PW" was participation schedule with the English Don caster, but "GOOD - the mail of BYE" to the authorized personnel of 5 days it became correspondence impassability lastly. As for disappearance of the same group decide. All Japan has made damage of approximately 5000000 Yen such as guaranty and passage expense and stay cost to .Osamu Satoshi all Japanese Buto who serves the representative of (43)"it has already flown soul of great to England in interview. Honest professional wrestling will be done for developing the professional wrestling boundary, although was mission of this year, "that astringent expression was floated. Unprecedented group disappearance fraud incident. In New Year early damage the thinking the regret was mentioned.The English advance of which is proud of worldwide degree of distinction had the details which are decided on end of the ardent offer from the half year ago. It was the expectation which appears to main and opposes with the signboard player key nun "of 1PW". But according to the authorized personnel the mail of the contents that was sent "GOOD - with the letter of BYE" the group disappeared unilaterally on the 5th. After the that correspondence impassability. It became without either the which it forms and does.Damage of side including also passage cost and the rates at inns etc. prepayment which, it has made an advance in addition to guaranty rises to sum total approximately 5000000 Yen. In addition, at this area we sell ticket 10000 with the name of as a signboard, sponsor side it seems that also the price expropriates.this year playing participating in American Los Angeles, Mexico and the foreign country the decision being completed. As for the Buto representative "as for the foreign country it is dangerous, it became the feeling that is. The route where the United States and Mexico are different simply. However you think that it is all right... "with complicated expression. "This it will do temporary, but it is not", that year you open and cry in early fraud damage and there is no other choice but to do to fall asleep.

Love this:-

Honest professional wrestling will be done for

Edited by gwailofilms