1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

I would like to point out (again) since I made the arrangements for Bret and Christian that we are not talking about amazing amounts. In fact I got Bret for a lower price then he normally gets and Christians pay was fair also. I read people saying that they got paid 5000/10000 and even 20000 pounds which is absurd. I am sure (since I am hearing all of the stories now aswell which I compare to my own experiences) that the truth will come out soon and I don't think everybody will think the same about the Gauntleys as they did before. In Holland there is a saying called a Wolf in Sheep Clothes... that is what this story is beginning to look like.

Any plans to become involved in wrestling promoting again Rick? As for prices paid, after you left 1PW Steve Corino had this to say about his money:"I will thank Steven Gauntley for a few things: He gave me the opportunity to book the 1PW shows, he gave me a $1000 advance on my Anniversary fee so I could buy my truck"I'm not a wrestling promoter but I'd think that Steve Corino could command no more than $1000 at an extreme push anyway, let alone be given much more than that for 1 night in 1PW?

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest landlover

"I will thank Steven Gauntley for a few things: He gave me the opportunity to book the 1PW shows, he gave me a $1000 advance on my Anniversary fee so I could buy my truck"I'm not a wrestling promoter but I'd think that Steve Corino could command no more than $1000 at an extreme push anyway, let alone be given much more than that for 1 night in 1PW?

I'd guess that you can command more for working barbed wire bloodfests, especially ones that are being promoted super-heavily and used as the company's main attraction, which will also boost DVD sales. Then there's his booker's fee on top, so that's probably right and fair.

• Paid Members

Hey everyone,I too wish I was coming for the show on the 13th,especially since I am now screwed out of a payday And its way too late to get another booking..I talked to Gauntley through email just 2 weeks ago asking him if the show was still going on and everything was alright,he replied that everything was going to go along as planned..I canceled 2 big shows for him.....I would have rather come to 1PW anyways...But,if he would have told me this was happening,I could have kept my other bookings......And everyone be sure to tell my good friend Alex Shane thanks for taking care of the American talent......Everyone take care,Chris Hamrick

Don't think Hamrick was too happy either, unbelievable, what with the Sprules bollocks too.

"I will thank Steven Gauntley for a few things: He gave me the opportunity to book the 1PW shows, he gave me a $1000 advance on my Anniversary fee so I could buy my truck"I'm not a wrestling promoter but I'd think that Steve Corino could command no more than $1000 at an extreme push anyway, let alone be given much more than that for 1 night in 1PW?

I'd guess that you can command more for working barbed wire bloodfests, especially ones that are being promoted super-heavily and used as the company's main attraction, which will also boost DVD sales. Then there's his booker's fee on top, so that's probably right and fair.
Do you think a smart businessman like Alex Shane would pay Corino more than $1000 under any circumstances?

• Paid Members

Who wants to make that able for me to understand? It looks like it's written in Brum.

A tent peg in your ear, you. You could have asked me directly. What's the point of my boasting and showing off if you're just going to ignore it? *sigh*'It came to light on the 6th that pro-wrestler, the Great Muta (age unknown), has become a victim of fraud. Muta was scheduled to fight on the 13th in Doncaster, Britain for the promotion 1PW, but a mail sent on the 5th to all involved, saying "Goodbye", was the last communication before cessation of all contact. It was definite that the promotion in question had ceased to trade. All Japan are writing off the money given to Muta for performance fees, travel fares and holiday (lit: "stay") expenses as a loss of around 5,000,000 yen.Muta's representative, All Japan's Mutoh Keiji (43), said,with a grim expression on his face, at a press conference: "The Great Muta's soul is already flying to Britain. Even though this year's mission was to promote growth in the world of pro-wrestling, with honest, proper wrestling..." He described it as an incident of a previously unheard-of promotion going out of business and committing fraud, and gave voice to his regret at becoming a casualty so early in the New Year. (NB: the original Japanese doesn't specify if he's expressing regret at HIS becoming a casualty, or 1PW's.) The whole matter of Muta, who is proud of his global popularity, making his foray into the United Kingdom began when he made his decision, following an enthusiastic offer made half a year ago. He was supposed to wrestle in the main event, facing 1PW's figurehead wrestler, James Keenan. However, according to people involved, an e-mail was sent around, the main body of which was that the company had unilaterally terminated, along with a symbol for "Good-bye". After that, all communication ceased. There was nothing more that could be done.The loss incurred on Muta's side, in addition to the performance fee, and including the travel fares which had been paid for by another party, as well as the accommodation expenses which were paid well in advance, amounts to a total in the region of 5,000,000 yen. What's more, in this country (i.e. the UK), the promoter had made Muta's name the main selling point (lit: "the banner name"), having put 10,000 tickets for sale, and it seems he has taken the money and run.Muta this year has set his heart on competing in matches in America, Mexico and other foreign countries. A representative for Muta said, rather uneasily: "He has come to feel that [business] abroad is dangerous. Only America and Mexico are different in this respect. He thinks it's ok, but...." He has, faced with this fraud incident so early in the year, given up in frustration (lit: "cried himself to sleep"), saying: "There is nothing to be done about all this.'Got to love the kayfabe where even the newspapers make out that Muta and Mutoh are two completely different people! Edited by Carbomb

Guest landlover

Do you think a smart businessman like Alex Shane would pay Corino more than $1000 under any circumstances?
I've no idea, since I don't think Alex would hire Corino to do all the things he was doing for Gauntley. Looking at what's involved with booking shows, working a double shot, doing a Q&A, and then capping it off with a match that is going to tear his body to pieces and go on to sell a load of DVDs, I wouldn't say that

Who wants to make that able for me to understand? It looks like it's written in Brum.

A tent peg in your ear, you. You could have asked me directly. What's the point of my boasting and showing off if you're just going to ignore it?
I set you up, that's the best you get.Anyhoo, nice work. That kayfabe is tremendous, Japan would be an awesome place to work.

• Paid Members

A tent peg in your ear, you. You could have asked me directly. What's the point of my boasting and showing off if you're just going to ignore it?
I set you up, that's the best you get.
*splutters**shakes fist*

Anyway, I'm going back to listening to George Galloway on TalkSPORT. Galloway~

Oi Dean, you Judas - I haven't listened to TalkSPORT since the day they replaced us with easy listening.Sad to hear about 1PW, awful businessman but great wrestling matches. Edited by TheLilsBoys

Anyway, I'm going back to listening to George Galloway on TalkSPORT. Galloway~

Oi Dean, you Judas - I haven't listened to TalkSPORT since the day they replaced us with easy listening.Sad to hear about 1PW, awful businessman but great wrestling matches.
ya never watched there tv show did ya with a comment like that!!