1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

British wrestling had respect ("The English advance of which is proud of worldwide degree of distinction")Now, as a result of this bullshit, Japan now thinks that Britain is a dangerous place in which to do business, unlike the US and Mexico ("as for the foreign country it is dangerous, it became the feeling that is. The route where the United States and Mexico are different simply."1PW 1PW 1PW 1PW 1PW~!

Edited by CracktonMoj

British wrestling had respect ("The English advance of which is proud of worldwide degree of distinction")Now, as a result of this bullshit, Japan now thinks that Britain is a dangerous place in which to do business, unlike the US and Mexico ("as for the foreign country it is dangerous, it became the feeling that is. The route where the United States and Mexico are different simply."1PW 1PW 1PW 1PW 1PW~!

And yep, looks like any business between Japan and Britain in wrestling terms will be severely curtailed. Cheers Gauntley.

Nah, they as independant contractors, will want better assurances before they take on any more work. Edited by jon_dahmers_dad

This makes me mad, after reading that "Britain is dangerous place to do business" every British promotion has a chance of losing out. :( I Hope the Lads at Noah have contact with Muta and explain that not every British promotion is the same as 1PW, if the damage has already been done everyone loses out. Well at least RQW are not letting the fans down and having Muta on show, i am gonna miss it due to a party but damn its gonna be special.

This makes me mad, after reading that "Britain is dangerous place to do business" every British promotion has a chance of losing out. :( I Hope the Lads at Noah have contact with Muta and explain that not every British promotion is the same as 1PW, if the damage has already been done everyone loses out. Well at least RQW are not letting the fans down and having Muta on show, i am gonna miss it due to a party but damn its gonna be special.

And yep, looks like any business between Japan and Britain in wrestling terms will be severely curtailed. Cheers Gauntley.

Nah, they as independant contractors, will want better assurances before they take on any more work.
Or, thinking British wrestling promoters are a shower of swindling shysters, they cut their losses and stick to doing business with Mexico, mainland Europe and the U.S. This is nothing to do with independent contractors, Steven Gauntley has just fucked over the second-longest running wrestling promotion in Japan.

Or, thinking British wrestling promoters are a shower of swindling shysters, they cut their losses and stick to doing business with Mexico, mainland Europe and the U.S.

Is this the 1st time that a wrestler has been ripped off? Nope & it wont be the last either. So why should they tar the whole British scene with the same brush?

This is nothing to do with independent contractors, Steven Gauntley has just fucked over the second-longest running wrestling promotion in Japan.

Exactly & they'll never do business with him again.I myself run a business & a few months ago I was ripped off for about 4 grand on a job in Leeds, so does that mean I shouldn't take anymore work in Leeds? Fuck no, thats dumb.

Japan is a culture based on honour amongst businessmen. If fellow Japanese offices see that Keiji Mutoh (one of the most well respected wrestlers in the country and the president of one of the longest running promotions in the world) can be ripped off by an unscrupulous British promoter, I imagine it will cause other promotions to think twice before dealing with any Brits again. At least the NOAH representatives that have come over thanks to the Doug Williams connection have been treated well.

• Paid Members

I can't believe what I'm reading, Somebody fucking over one of the most respected wrestling companies in the Wrestling World, and as a result has practically given British Wrestling a bad name, Absolutely shocking and disgraceful on Gauntleys part.

Edited by Shockmaster

Or, thinking British wrestling promoters are a shower of swindling shysters, they cut their losses and stick to doing business with Mexico, mainland Europe and the U.S.

Is this the 1st time that a wrestler has been ripped off? Nope & it wont be the last either. So why should they tar the whole British scene with the same brush?

This is nothing to do with independent contractors, Steven Gauntley has just fucked over the second-longest running wrestling promotion in Japan.

Exactly & they'll never do business with him again.I myself run a business & a few months ago I was ripped off for about 4 grand on a job in Leeds, so does that mean I shouldn't take anymore work in Leeds? Fuck no, thats dumb.
Of course it isn't the first time a wrestler has been ripped off. Won't be the last either. However, Keiji Muto is one of the most respected wrestlers in the industry, and is a power broker. His influence cuts across wrestling offices throughout Japan. He has seemingly taken on the money Kikutaro spent securing the 1PW deal as a company loss. An entire wrestling promotion has been ripped off, and an established and respected one at that.

• Moderators

Ummm... So is everyone conveniently overlooking the fact that he is actually still coming over to Britain next week?Sure, they might be a little wary because they got burned... but I would've thought a lot could be done to repair the relationship if their trip over here goes well.

• Paid Members

Ummm... So is everyone conveniently overlooking the fact that he is actually still coming over to Britain next week?Sure, they might be a little wary because they got burned... but I would've thought a lot could be done to repair the relationship if their trip over here goes well.

I think its the fact that Japan now think the UK is a dangerous place to do business Edited by Shockmaster

Exactly, so they're obviously not too upset are they?

Of course it isn't the first time a wrestler has been ripped off. Won't be the last either. However, Keiji Muto is one of the most respected wrestlers in the industry, and is a power broker. His influence cuts across wrestling offices throughout Japan. He has seemingly taken on the money Kikutaro spent securing the 1PW deal as a company loss. An entire wrestling promotion has been ripped off, and an established and respected one at that.

Yeah & thats Gauntleys problem, not the British wrestling scene, but y'know so what? How much impact does Japanese wrestling have in the UK, if they never came here again, would British wrestling suffer? Would it fuck, you'd just stop getting these supershows.