1PW shuts up shop

Dean Ayass

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not talking about ticket money though.

I suggest you get in touch with the administrators if 1PW owed you money, Felix.Their website has a phone number for the office. I'd ask to speak to David Ward, who is mentioned by name on the message on the 1PW site. Good luck with getting any money owed you.Administrator's websiteAnd Felix, I just have to ask why anyone would name a show "Mustache Ride"?

Guest That's Perfect

Another bit of advice for claiming money back is to check all your credit/debit/store cards statements, if you have CPP (Card Protection Plan) on any of your statements you are covered for all of your cards (even if you are just billed on one of your cards) and will be able to claim through that avenue.

im sure gauntley has the cash to see the fed through to after the jan show....was letting it go now due to him not wanting to admit he couldnt afford muta?

Surley he wouldnt of booked him in the first place if he couldnt afford him. If so that a real slap in the face of a legend like Muta.

• Paid Members

I saw Gauntley as a mark with money, who happened to have terrible business sense and couldnt take criticism. Not the ideal person you want to head a wrestling company. The best thing about 1PW going down is that people in a similar situation as Steven may think before they try to become mini Paul Heymans themselves, and will prevent us from listening to future 'promoters' with their false promises and bullshit.I never went to a 1PW show so wont miss them. They didnt help British wrestling at all, apart from a few paydays for the brits. I'll miss their Gossip and Smear threads though. :( RIP

• Paid Members

So does this affect Gauntly's Real Quality Badge status :)

Hmm.Maybe he'll have to give the badge back properly. Then all the other promoters will line up, on opposite sides together forming a tunnel of pain like in school. Then Gauntley has to run through it while being punched and kicked.At the end he is disgraced and banished, never to be seen again! Or RQW may just stop mentioning 1PW on their tv show.

If only 1PW listened to almost everyone on here when they first started up saying the model couldn't possibly work.....

They were going to book Rick Martel too??? Damn...lolSorry, but seriously, I want to get this in before the vultures settle around here....thank you very much to Steve and Rosie for putting on some truly great shows, and providing us with the opportunity to witness some unique and tremendous matches. Please be aware when hitting the damnation button that without these shows, there were a lot of stars and matches you would never have seen (Doug v Lance Storm anyone). For every ounce of hatred you may have towards 1PW and Steve Gauntley, there also has to be an acknowledgement for how they have benefitted us as a UK fanbase.As bad as some of the business decisions may have been, they were all carried out in order to provide fans with top notch shows. And for that I give what may well be the final bit of credit seen in this thread if I have judged the UKFF correctly on this matter!
Oh fuck off Phil! What you're basically saying is that money marks are okay and that it doesn't matter if they fuck people over so long as they book a few UK guys and spend ludicrous amounts of money giving you the matches that you want to see. "Hmmm, someone got fucked over for flights. But, sod that, I got to see Wrestler x vs Wrestler Y." I notice you haven't once actually thanked Steve & Rosie for the hardship they've obviously put themselves through, not that they deserve the thanks, or even made one comment about people who've lost out.As for credit within this thread, why? Credit to some idiot spending far too much fucking money on workers who obviously don't appreciate it. I'll give some credit here though. Credit to Ricky Knight for being a promoter who didn't and will never go down this route, credit to Gary Graham (yes, wow, imagine) for building up WZW and actually having a training school which I assume made WZW self sufficient at the time, credit to EWW and their return to the scene, credit to the SWA for taking on my work with SCW and eclipsing it and credit to every other promoter in the UK who puts on the sorts of shows UK fans should be happy with if it weren't for money marks and twats who support them. So, instead of hammering the people on here who saw it coming and discussed it (however they did it), why don't you stand in the next meeting you're in with guys who worked for 1PW and ask them why they were all so happy to just take a pay day and not seemingly give a shit. Everyone who worked for Gauntley must have known, from Spud to Doug to Dean and everybody else...far too keen to ride the gravy train, as there'll be another one along in no time I'll bet.Finally,"As bad as some of the business decisions may have been, they were all carried out in order to provide fans with top notch shows."Well, get your credit card out then Phil. Go on, give to the UK fan base, let's see some more of those matches. What? Oh, other people should spend ludicrous amounts and you'd rather others were fucked over in the process. Edited by TsuMirren