Stone Cold Jane Austen Posted March 10, 2012 Posted March 10, 2012 I'll look forward to seeing the trailers to that in about 18 months with an acoustic flavour of the month over the top of it and probably Paul Giamatti in a fatherly role.
Paid Members SiMania Posted March 11, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 11, 2012 Currently struggling through A clash of kings. There's just too many pages with nothing happening, when something does happen, it's great and enjoyable, but the books are too long for me so I might not read book 3. In between I'm reading Kane and Abel by Jeffrey Archer.
Stone Cold Jane Austen Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 (edited) As someone who just finished A Feast For Crows this morning, you're an idiot. GRRM couldn't be any more obtuse if he tried. Edited March 11, 2012 by Stone Cold Jane Austen
Paid Members SiMania Posted March 11, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 11, 2012 The first book wasn't. Parts of the second definitely are. Maybe it all comes together later on.
Paid Members SiMania Posted March 11, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 11, 2012 It's not. I never said it was.
WU LYF 4 LYF Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 Very enjoyable. The 33 1/3 series are a bit hit and miss, so I was pleased to find this one was highly enjoyable, with not to much weird stuff or biographical detail about the author, just a general muse on the context, music and lyrics which helps even the die hard fan understand the record better. Which is what these books should be about.
Stone Cold Jane Austen Posted March 11, 2012 Posted March 11, 2012 It's not. I never said it was. Well, saying nothing happens, when a lot of stuff happens, makes me think you didn't get it.
Paid Members ColinBollocks Posted March 11, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 11, 2012 Not long finished this. Largely enjoyable, although a bit superficial in its research.
Paid Members SiMania Posted March 11, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 11, 2012 It's not. I never said it was. Well, saying nothing happens, when a lot of stuff happens, makes me think you didn't get it. No, I get it. It's just not as good as the first one and is too slow at times.
Paid Members Halitosis Romantic Posted March 13, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2012 I am currently reading the best novel, by the best novelist - Charles Dickens' David Copperfield.
Moderators Chest Rockwell Posted March 13, 2012 Moderators Posted March 13, 2012 Just started reading Genereation Kill. Loved the TV show, but it's been a couple years since I saw that so I figured I'll give the book a go. Enjoying it so far!
Paid Members Burchill's Buddy Posted March 13, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2012 It's not. I never said it was. Well, saying nothing happens, when a lot of stuff happens, makes me think you didn't get it. No, I get it. It's just not as good as the first one and is too slow at times. Stick with Clash of Kings (and even more so Storm of Swords). I struggled at the start of it with so many new characters and new places being introduced. It took me quite a while to get into Stannis' storyline but the last third of the book is sensational with a big payoff. The second book of Storm of Swords is my favourite so far, and currently 500 pages into A Feast for Crows, which introduces another 600 odd characters but is still marvelous.
Paid Members SiMania Posted March 13, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2012 I planned to finish Kane and Abel on the train today, then get stuck back into Clash of Kings at the hotel tonight, but I've been invited out for drinks tonight and tomorrow, got 4 hours on the train on Thursday so I'll give it another go.
Paid Members Egg Shen Posted March 13, 2012 Paid Members Posted March 13, 2012 got on that. First football autobiography ive read in years. Picked it up for 50p from The Works (love that shop).
Recommended Posts