Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Awards Moderator

No worries. There are some high rates out there at the mo for people who are struggling, so just make sure he gets someone independant to talk him through it before he signs anything, if he's not 100%. Hope he gets what he's after though, it's a bloody nightmare sorting all that out.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

Angus Deayton.

EDIT: and whilst I just had a quick Google to try and find out the actual answer, I took a call from a client and left my desk and therefore my laptop. In a shared office. I didn't think that one through.

Okay. I am very unsure how to describe this, but it's a song, a joke one probably with some guy just going "hur hur mer" or something similar for ages, might be a rap of some kind.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit - Okay found it. Apparently it's an actual song. Christ.

Okay. I am very unsure how to describe this, but it's a song, a joke one probably with some guy just going "hur hur mer" or something similar for ages, might be a rap of some kind.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Edit - Okay found it. Apparently it's an actual song. Christ.

it wouldn't be this perchance?

Erm... how the fuck did Coming of Age get a second series?

I think the exact same about Scallywagga. I didnt mind some of the first series, primarily because of Lena Kaur and Jessica Hall. However, neither returned for series two, and of the two episodes I have seen I have only mustered a slight snigger once. Just completely unfunny sketches, and I will be astounded if it gets a third series.

What's the male equivalent of a dominatrix?

I'd guess dominator.

That was my first thought, but something about it doesn't quite sound right.

Master seems to be bandied about a bit as the male equivalent. I think both terms are derived from the latin 'dominus= master'

• Paid Members
That would be correct following the Latin. But I'm not sure they really exist.

They are far rarer than their female counterparts but there are a few around. Never really heard the term 'dominator' ever used, most tend to go by master. The gender seperation is seen in their shortened or slang names, with females using Domme and males using Dom

• Paid Members
What's the male equivalent of a dominatrix?

I'd guess dominator.

That was my first thought, but something about it doesn't quite sound right.

Master seems to be bandied about a bit as the male equivalent. I think both terms are derived from the latin 'dominus= master'

Based on various scenes I used to be more into, male Doms are generally referred to just as 'Doms'. Usually short for 'Dominant' rather than 'Dominator'.

Usually, in most circles I was in, you were a Dominant or a submissive. I didn't hear many people bandy around the term 'Dominatrix'.

Archived