Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
Does anyone know the name of the song that's being used on the Channel 4 adverts for the second series of Homeland? It sounds like it's Johnny Cash but i'll be damned if i know what song it is.

If its the advert I think it is, its 'Gods gonna cut you down' by Johnny Cash.

• Paid Members
I would like to be bombarded with motivational techniques, for my ambition is utterly shot. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've tried this, I can't help but do it with an accent, even if I'm not speaking aloud.

You are a strong, independant woman. You deserve to have the best.

:laugh: Both brilliant.

Does anyone know the name of the song that's being used on the Channel 4 adverts for the second series of Homeland? It sounds like it's Johnny Cash but i'll be damned if i know what song it is.

If its the advert I think it is, its 'Gods gonna cut you down' by Johnny Cash.

Just had a check and indeed it is, many thanks for that.

• Paid Members
I'm gonna be in Edinburgh for the weekend.

What's some cool shit to do?

TIA xx

The castle is the most obvious one. Wee bit pricey but it's a good way to spend an interesting couple of hours. The zoo is fun too (if it's still open). I'd also recommend just going a wander: Up and down the Royal Mile, through the Grassmarket, along Princes Street, up Calton Hill etc. It's a truly beautiful and atmospheric city and as such it's always lovely to go for a stroll.

For going out: Opium and Studio 24 are fun wee clubs to check out (though like all clubs, the drunker you are, the better). Whatever you do though, If you're after getting steaming in a gorgeous location, check out the Banshee Labyrinth. It's built right into the City Vaults and is allegedly the most haunted pub in Edinburgh. Great place to go drinking, I love it.

• Moderators
Cultural stuff or bars/eats/entertainment?

Umm.. I'm not sure.

I'm going up to meet up with this girl that I met the other week at my friends' wedding, and staying with my friend. So they both live there and it should really be up to them to entertain me. And I have been before, though didn't really do any cultural stuff.

I just thought I would ask if there's anything I should really check out whilst I'm there, or is worth suggesting if I'm asked what I'd like to do. Also, it'd be good to have a good restaurant name or two up my sleeve.

Also, and the main reason for the question, is that Monday daytime I'm on my own so I'll have time to see some stuff.

Cheers Spirit! Is it worth actually going inside the Castle then? I know it's nice from the outside and all.. Banshee Labyrinth sounds pretty cool. I'll look that up.

Finally and specifically - know any good record stores for wax worth going to? Reggae/Jazz/Blues/African/Soul.

Archived