Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Are there any good sites to watch movies online? I'm not after the new releases. I'm after those sleazy Italian horror and action films from the early 80s. I've been watching a few on Youtube and I'm now hooked. Any ideas? Thanks!

Can anyone suggest any lines of work where they are primarily left to their own devices and interact with very few people (if any)?

Railway driver? Cinema projectionist?

• Paid Members
Cinema projectionist?

Not many of those left. Multiplexes tend to have someone press play and go back to dishing up popcorn.

Another job without people would be a writer, shut yourself off from the world in the name of creativity.

• Paid Members

Try LetMeWatchIt

Are there any good sites to watch movies online? I'm not after the new releases. I'm after those sleazy Italian horror and action films from the early 80s. I've been watching a few on Youtube and I'm now hooked. Any ideas? Thanks!

Can anyone suggest any lines of work where they are primarily left to their own devices and interact with very few people (if any)?

Railway driver? Cinema projectionist?

Cinema projectionist?

Not many of those left. Multiplexes tend to have someone press play and go back to dishing up popcorn.

Another job without people would be a writer, shut yourself off from the world in the name of creativity.

I think he was after paying jobs.

• Awards Moderator

If you like the outdoors, try something in grounds maintenance; you don't need to be a skilled horticulturist or gardener, but you can get basic training and be left to apply standard cuts to parks and communal areas, with a bit of strimming and hedge-cutting. A lot of GM work is outsourced from Local Authorities to private sector companies so there should be a fair amount of work out there. My old company provided this and the lads who were lone workers always looked the most relaxed and content blokes in the world. Rock up at 8am, collect your job sheets for the day and then bugger off and get on with it before returning your paperwork at the end of the shift. There are loads of other professions as mentioned above but depending on whether you want something career-based or just to help you tick over it's a decent line of work and keeps you in good shape, too. The only downside is that it's seasonal so there are less roles in the winter but, you know, it's an option.

That's what I do working for my local council, you really need at least an NVQ level 3 in Amenity Horticulture and a few relevent NPTC certiificates. You won't get anywhere without a decent amount of experience and qualifications to back it up. The job market is just fucked at the minute for this line of work, because a lot of the guys who ran their own small garden maintainence companies are going out of business. So there's a lot of very experienced guys out there looking to get into public sector work. I was lucky to get into an apprenticeship scheme years ago. A lot of councils are slashing their budgets, back in Febuary we had 5 guys made redundant who were all in their late 50's/ealry 60's so they could claim their pensions.

Software developers seem to shut themselves off from others and have minimal interaction.

If you mean, most programmers have a mild case of Aspergers, then yes. However, they do have to have meetings, talk to other developers, management, clients and so on, so I'd say it's not exactly a solo flight.

Anything you can do from home, like web development, is probably quite lonely. If that's what you want.

I asked in the Olympics thread and met with a non answer so i am trying again to ask here.

The day after TNA is in London i will be staying in London for most of the day and leaving later in the evening to travel back home. The Wembley Arena is hosting the final of the English hockey championships. Is there any fans of English hockey on here that would say it would be worth attending seeing as i will be down there anyways?

According to the event description there is the mens and womens final both on one after the other. As for liking hockey i have not watched a game of hockey unless it's been ice hockey at Braehead.

Archived