Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone reccomend any music mixing software? I dont mind paying but obviously the cheaper the better. Nothing too sophisticated is required.

Audacity, or do you mean DJ mixing? Mixx is quite fun for that or there's a free version of Virtual DJ now (Virtual DJ Home).

Cheers ill check those out, yeah DJ mixing, want to put some mixes together and little bit of editing. Havent done it for years so well out of the loop.

• Moderators

Anyone know anything about flash video players going shit?

Basically, whenever I run a flash video in it's small window it comes on in a page it plays fine, when I fullscreen it it's started to play choppy, sound does as well. It's annoying. I'm running Chrome if that's any help.

• Paid Members
Quick poll -

When you get one of those "Captcha" things to fill out how many times, on average, do you have to hit refresh before they give you something you can actually decipher?

Mine is three. Am I being a retard here, or is this common?

Yeah, this is one of my biggest internet peeves. Surely the idea is to make it so that humans CAN read it but spambots can't. I often go well past 3, and even then there's a lot of guesswork involved.

• Paid Members
Anyone know anything about flash video players going shit?

Basically, whenever I run a flash video in it's small window it comes on in a page it plays fine, when I fullscreen it it's started to play choppy, sound does as well. It's annoying. I'm running Chrome if that's any help.

Actually came here for the exact same reason. Keep having my flash player crash every now and again, I'm lucky if the video will play in full screen usually just get a white screen with audio. Running in Chrome as well. Would be tempted to go back to Mozilla if it wasn't for the fact it hates this website, and Internet Explorer can fuck off after that dreadful advertising campaign.

• Paid Members

Might be to do with the latest Chrome update. I had this problem a while back and had to revert back to an older Chrome version and it all worked fine then. Try one and see if that improves it:-

http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php

When I did it it didn't delete any of my bookmarks or history or anything like that, for the record.

• Paid Members
Quick poll -

When you get one of those "Captcha" things to fill out how many times, on average, do you have to hit refresh before they give you something you can actually decipher?

I was renewing my car insurance this morning and I had to refresh it about a dozen times before I got one that even looked like words

Might be to do with the latest Chrome update. I had this problem a while back and had to revert back to an older Chrome version and it all worked fine then. Try one and see if that improves it:-

http://www.oldapps.com/google_chrome.php

When I did it it didn't delete any of my bookmarks or history or anything like that, for the record.

Have you guys updated Flash recently? What often happens with Flash is that one particular update will put the amount of CPU it needs over the limit that your laptop/desktop can handle, and it'll basically start to fuck up.

Roll back to an earlier Flash version, or get a new computer :(

• Paid Members
Quick poll -

I was renewing my car insurance this morning and I had to refresh it about a dozen times before I got one that even looked like words

Worst case of this is trying to buy something online and after so many attempts at finding a Captcha I could actually read, it then asked me to fill in another Captcha to prove I was human before I could use the other one. Couldn't read that one either.

Fucking hate technology.

On that note, I'll just go with the new laptop/computer route on the flash player problem. Getting it for Uni if all things pan out in the next 8 days.

Archived