Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I'm trying to find out the name and artist of a song (it may have been a one hit wonder) which opens with a dial tone and mellow guitar plucking, followed by a bass line then going into full-on guitars with high oohing/wooing. Fairly certain it was used for an advert years ago. Any ideas?

I'm trying to find out the name and artist of a song (it may have been a one hit wonder) which opens with a dial tone and mellow guitar plucking, followed by a bass line then going into full-on guitars with high oohing/wooing. Fairly certain it was used for an advert years ago. Any ideas?

Sounds like In The Meantime by Spacehog

Cracking track that. Spacehog were huge in the States for about 6 months, even though they were a British band. Not heard jack about them in years though.

Bonus points if anyone managed to work out the lyrics to the chorus.

I'm helping my elderly neighbour buy her first PC, monitor & printer. I've already sorted out the PC & monitor, but I'm not that savvy on printers. She wants something that can do everything (print, copy, scan), doesn't cost a bomb to run (i.e. doesn't drink the ink) and needs to be under

The HP All-In-Ones seem pretty good. I bought one that someone on here recommended, it hangs off the Wifi and is painless to use. Plus you can change the black cartridge independently of the colours, which saves some cash.

• Paid Members

I got an HP all in one with my computer, and while the printing is fine, the scanner is a pile of shit. I ended up buying a seperate scanner as I could get better quality by just taking a picture of the document with my webcam.

The scanner is Epsom, by the way, and is pretty decent.

• Paid Members

I think we had a thread about this before, but the game might have changed a bit, so - can anyone recommend me a 2TB external hard drive to be used with a Macbook? Any brand I should be leaning towards or avoiding?

I think we had a thread about this before, but the game might have changed a bit, so - can anyone recommend me a 2TB external hard drive to be used with a Macbook? Any brand I should be leaning towards or avoiding?

I bought a western digital 2tb drive a couple of weeks back. It's been fine for me so far, but on amazon there are angry people who've had them break (as I'm sure is true for not hard drives). It'd need formatting for the Mac though, I had to go into disk utility to get it fatted.

Archived