Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members
Is it legal to record audio of a conversation between two people without their consent in a public place if I'm not part of the conversation if it's not for distribution to any 3rd party?

What's the story behind ths?

I know it wouldn't be allowed to be used as evidence but outright illegal? Not sure but I would imagine so.

It's a very dull story. I guess it could loosely be described as a sense of paranoia, I wasn't looking for anything to be admissible in court. What was stopping me acting on my irrational process of thought was purely the loose grip I had of the fear of repercussion, which itself was slipping a bit if I'm honest. If that was lifted I could have gone to town.

I was at the peak of a bit of a turning point there if I'm honest, a rough time but shits never been so good as a result.

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I was on a metro train home shortly after 11PM last night, and the train came to a halt 15 minutes or so before my stop, with a message telling us that because of 'an incident' the train couldn't go any further (rumours were that someone jumped in front of a train further down the line, but uncomfirmed). The driver who got off said nothing about any replacement buses, only that there wouldn't be any more trains going past this station for the rest of the night.

As all other public transport to where I was going was finished at this time, I was pretty much stranded, so I had to spring nearly

• Paid Members
Facebook are declaring I have Malware, and I HAVE to download Mcafee from them.

Malware Bytes says I have nothing.

Any way of telling Facebook to fuck off so I can view my profile?

That sounds suspicious. A website can't really check your computer and determine if you have malware or not. I suspect you do have some sort of virus. Download Spybot Search and Destroy, and Avast! Antivirus. They should get rid of most of it.

I have avant running 24/7, I've spybotted and malwarebyted my machine, it's clean! But still Facebook insist I need to DL McAfee from their site.

How the fuck do I get past this ridiculous warning?

Delete cookies?

• Paid Members
Facebook are declaring I have Malware, and I HAVE to download Mcafee from them.

Malware Bytes says I have nothing.

Any way of telling Facebook to fuck off so I can view my profile?

That sounds suspicious. A website can't really check your computer and determine if you have malware or not. I suspect you do have some sort of virus. Download Spybot Search and Destroy, and Avast! Antivirus. They should get rid of most of it.

I have avant running 24/7, I've spybotted and malwarebyted my machine, it's clean! But still Facebook insist I need to DL McAfee from their site.

How the fuck do I get past this ridiculous warning?

Delete cookies?

probs try a delete history/cache/cookies job, it will mean you need to re-log on to your general sites etc, but it may help to solve your problem.

A friend of mine is looking to get a website made for his business but doesn't know anything about them so will need it making for him.

How much is it likely to cost for just a basic website? Is it best to use somewhere like this : build your own website, or to pay an independant website designer to do it? If so what kind of price would they charge?

I have a technical question. If someone changes your password on your laptop, and you also can't log in as administrator, how do I change the password? Is there some software that can do it?

I'm not trying to break into someone's Laptop, a friends kids have changed his password on his and he's coming to me for help. I can sort some things out, but I'm a bit out of my depth here.

Archived