Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, it's the right place to ask - maybe someone could.

Is it Leonard - Part 6?

It's an American film about an old couple who move house to be near their adult children. They locate near the sea where they walk along a boardwalk daily where; after initially enjoying it, they start to be hassled by a Hispanic gang.

The woman, who is a really good piano player which adds to the soundtrack at certain parts, dies. There is a subsequent scene, after her funeral, where the old guy returns from a walk to hear her favourite tune being played on their piano and runs into the house only to find it is one of his children playing it.

Anyhooz he insists on enjoying his walk by himself on this boardwalk where he ends up receiving more and more shit from this gang. The film cumulates in the gang leader pulling a knife on the old guy who responds by grabbing the weapon and killing the young guy. The last scene is the old guy staggering in shock onto a bench with the gang leader dead at his feet as the remaining gang members fuck off and run.

Really tightly made film with a shocking conclusion - even if you side with the old guy's actions. Only seen it once which was at least fifteen years ago. As the film centres around this fucking boardwalk I thought it may be in the title but I can't seem to find the name.

Thanks in advance

Shuggy

Yes, it's the right place to ask - maybe someone could.

Is it Leonard - Part 6?

It's an American film about an old couple who move house to be near their adult children. They locate near the sea where they walk along a boardwalk daily where; after initially enjoying it, they start to be hassled by a Hispanic gang.

The woman, who is a really good piano player which adds to the soundtrack at certain parts, dies. There is a subsequent scene, after her funeral, where the old guy returns from a walk to hear her favourite tune being played on their piano and runs into the house only to find it is one of his children playing it.

Anyhooz he insists on enjoying his walk by himself on this boardwalk where he ends up receiving more and more shit from this gang. The film cumulates in the gang leader pulling a knife on the old guy who responds by grabbing the weapon and killing the young guy. The last scene is the old guy staggering in shock onto a bench with the gang leader dead at his feet as the remaining gang members fuck off and run.

Really tightly made film with a shocking conclusion - even if you side with the old guy's actions. Only seen it once which was at least fifteen years ago. As the film centres around this fucking boardwalk I thought it may be in the title but I can't seem to find the name.

Thanks in advance

Shuggy

Quick search on imdb came up with this? Boardwalk (1979)

• Paid Members

That's what I found as well, but I dismissed it, as it seems unlikely to have been called Boardwalk, and I also found a thing from the 2006 Coney Island film festival where the director made it sound like it hadn't been seen for many years, due to rights issues.

Does anyone have any experience getting an Orange iPhone unlocked? My iPhone was replaced by the Apple store last week due to a fault, and for some reason they locked it to Orange. Now I'm hearing all sorts that Orange won't unlock a phone until it's been registered to the SIM card for a minimum of three months. I'm in the US at the moment and I'm having major difficulty getting hold of Orange. Is this true?

If so, is there any other way to get it unlocked? I've tried jailbreaking and unlocking, but I'm constantly getting stuck on "No Service" or "Searching..." no matter how many times I do it. At this rate I'll be stuck without my iPhone for 3 months.

Archived