Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

Can any long term posters please remember who the guy was that provided emulation packs for a small fee? For example MAME and all x thousand roms on CD?

If not does anyone know of someone currently that could do that?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

I stumbled into my bedroom at stupid o clock this morning, tripped over a power cable and watched in slow motion as my laptop cracked off the floor, breaking the screen.

As I'm too poor to buy a replacement screen, can I hook my laptop up to my television? Laptop is very new, TV is old. So where do I go from here? In case no one has guessed by this point, I'm a complete tard when it comes to anything computers.

• Paid Members
I stumbled into my bedroom at stupid o clock this morning, tripped over a power cable and watched in slow motion as my laptop cracked off the floor, breaking the screen.

As I'm too poor to buy a replacement screen, can I hook my laptop up to my television? Laptop is very new, TV is old. So where do I go from here? In case no one has guessed by this point, I'm a complete tard when it comes to anything computers.

Check in the back of your tv for a HDMI slot or a VGA slot (the blue one similar to what to find on a pc). If it has either of those, use one of them (hdmi is better).

Can any long term posters please remember who the guy was that provided emulation packs for a small fee? For example MAME and all x thousand roms on CD?

If not does anyone know of someone currently that could do that?

If your looking for them on XBOX then I'm looking for the same thing.

If it's PC based, there scattered across torrent sites and sites like emu paradise and romnation, or alternatively, ebay is littered with them too.

• Paid Members

A stupid question, do fabric pens wash out, or can you have the option of not making them permanent in some way by not treating the item after applying.

I need to temporarily jazz something up without permanently fucking up what is a nice shirt.

Jesus wept, you're a tight get :p:laugh:

I have a question while i'm here, in my continued search for full-time work post uni i'm planning on visiting some of the agencies in my local town for general admin work to build up my office experience and was wondering what I should wear? They'll only be small places and i'm just dropping in to enquire and tell them my situation but don't want to look a scruffy git or indeed like an overdressed ponce

Also any general advice on agenices? Cheers.

• Paid Members

I have a question while i'm here, in my continued search for full-time work post uni i'm planning on visiting some of the agencies in my local town for general admin work to build up my office experience and was wondering what I should wear? They'll only be small places and i'm just dropping in to enquire and tell them my situation but don't want to look a scruffy git or indeed like an overdressed ponce

In any employment situation I'd rather look like an overdressed ponce than a scruffy git. Agencies are bloody useless though. I sign up to three a couple of summers back to help find some office admin work whilst I was back from Uni, two didn't reply and the other gave me a call late Friday afternoon asking if I "fancied working on the production line of a cheese factory for a week from tomorrow". Suffice to say I didnt take up that offer.

In any employment situation I'd rather look like an overdressed ponce than a scruffy git. Agencies are bloody useless though. I sign up to three a couple of summers back to help find some office admin work whilst I was back from Uni, two didn't reply and the other gave me a call late Friday afternoon asking if I "fancied working on the production line of a cheese factory for a week from tomorrow". Suffice to say I didnt take up that offer.

:laugh: Oh. Hopefully i'll find a decent one, I don't hold out much hope but it's another avenue to explore.

The other thing is I have a part-time job at the minute that I've done for a few years, do you have to be avaiable straight-away for agency stuff or does it depend? because I wouldn't really want to do a moonlight flit at my current job.

• Paid Members

Not at all, it just so happens its a nice shirt is all. I might as well get some ware out of it if I can.

We can't all throw money away on a fancy hat for the night :ninja:

• Paid Members

:laugh: Oh. Hopefully i'll find a decent one, I don't hold out much hope but it's another avenue to explore.

The other thing is I have a part-time job at the minute that I've done for a few years, do you have to be avaiable straight-away for agency stuff or does it depend? because I wouldn't really want to do a moonlight flit at my current job.

A lot of it is last minute and short notice yeah, may want to explain your situation to the agency when you sign up.

• Paid Members

Why the fuck are there so few Easter eggs around this year? It's March and Sainsbury's have only got a few token Buttons and Mini Eggs ones in. Plus, where are all the Easter themed cakes too, I fucking love Mini Eggs cakes.

• Paid Members
Why the fuck are there so few Easter eggs around this year? It's March and Sainsbury's have only got a few token Buttons and Mini Eggs ones in. Plus, where are all the Easter themed cakes too, I fucking love Mini Eggs cakes.

Our Tesco has a bloody wall of them, although there doesn't seem to be much variety.

Archived