Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Hey gadget. Trying to catch up on your list of recomendations now. I liked Epic Encounter 2 and thought the main event was fun but to be honest it could have been just as good and half as short. Then again, it does create the legend of the weekend when Danielson went an hour twice in a weekend. Has anyone checked out International Challenge yet?

• Paid Members

Yeah I saw International Challenge, but FB2006 blew it away. Nice main event sticks out in the memory, not much else at this moment...

Ring of Honor's 30% off promotion returns for a very limited time. Don't miss this rare opportunity to save 30% on your next order with no minimum purchase required. This sale includes all DVD's, videos, tickets, figures, books, apparel, japanese merchandise, & more. Besides ROH DVD's you can also save money on Non-ROH items. You can save money with every order you place at www.rohwrestling.com. To redeem your 30% Off Coupon just follow these 2 simple steps:1) Place an order for merchandise at www.rohwrestling.com2) Enter the coupon code: spring into the box marked Discount/Promotional Code when you are going thru the checkout process. The system will automatically generate the discount.Offer ends on Monday, April 23rd at 9am EST. Shipping costs are not discountable. Gift certificates are not included in the sale. No dealers. No adjustments to prior purchases. Offer valid only on orders placed online at www.rohwrestling.com. Offer is good while supplies last. Orders will only be discounted if you follow the steps listed above.

Buy, buy, buy!

Can somebody please recommend which shows featured the best matches from Homicide vs Colt Cabana feud.I thought I'd finally get one or two in this 30% sale but had heard varying reports on the quality of their matches.

Their match at the 4th Anniversary show was one of my favorite ROH matches from last year, but the card as awhole sucks ass though.

Yeah, that's about the only match from their feud I really enjoyed, but it is very good. Also on that card is an absolutely stonking Bryan Danielson/Jimmy Rave world title match that really got slept on by a lot of people. Rave works out of his skin to produce the best singles match of his career to that point, and Danielson was really on a hot streak of form at that point.Also, the main event sees Aries and Stong turn in a great performance to carry AJ Styles and Matt Sydal to a surprisingly well worked tag match, and Jack Evans nearly kills himself in hilarious fashion. Not a bad show by any stretch.

• Paid Members

The DVDs of last month's shows in Liverpool are available now at ROHwrestling.comThe 15% off sale they are running isn't good enough for me, I'll be waiting for the next Buy 3 Get 1 Free deal...

• Paid Members

I've watched Dedicated and Battle of the Icons. BOTI wasn't very good really and kind of sapped my desire to do a review. I have only watched the first 20 minutes of FYF: NYC, but may well review that when I'm done...

• Paid Members

Results from last night's show 'Good Times, Great Memories' featuring the scheduled departure of Colt Cabana and surprise departure of Christopher Daniels, plus the first announced return for 'American Dragon' Bryan Danielson... vs KENTA!

Pre-Show:- Rhett Titus def. Ernie Osiris.It wsas the students. Titus reminded me of a Johnny Nitro ripoff. Basic match. Not much to it- Mitch Franklin def. Mandingo and Billy Bob(?, the announcer mumbled his name) in a Three Way Dance.Decent action from the kids with Franklin scoring the opportunistic rollup after Mandingo was pushed off the top rope to the floor.- Lacey (w/Jimmy Jacobs) def. ?? (Again, the announcing during the dark matches was not good.)A somewhat sloppy and brief match. Was rather forgettable.A brief intermission and on we went to the show.- Delirious def. Gran Akuma, Jigsaw, Pelle Primeau, Mike Quackenbush and Hallowicked in a Six-Man Mayhem match.A highly entertaining spotfest, with some good comedic moments thrown in by Delirious as always. Mike Quackenbush was very impressive.- Christopher Daniels and Erick Stevens went to a 15 minute draw.Decent action with Stevens using a lot of big-man offense with Daniels obviously not trying very hard. The finish was disappointing.After the match, the crowd and Erick wanted five more minutes. Daniels wouldn't give it to him and told him to leave the ring as he had something to say. He then cut a heel promo on the crowd, saying that they don't appreciate him, that he's tired of being stuck in mid-card matches. He went on to say that the fand may think TNA was evil for taking Joe away and taking him away the first time, but his paychecks told the real story. Needless to say, this gained a lot of heat rather quickly. He then said that he quit ROH and threw Allison Danger to the ground. As Daniels went to the back, he was confronted by BJ Whitmer, who helped Allison to her feet and to the back.- Brent Albright def. Jimmy Rave, BJ Whitmer and Homicide in a Fatal Four Way.Solid match. Rave was a last minute addition as it was supposed to be a three-way match initially. Rave took himself out of the match after taking a top-rope jawbreaker from Homicide and a stiff lariat from Albright in succession. He went to the back.- Austin Aries def. Rocky RomeroGood match. I had never seen Rocky Romero before now, but I saw that he is a good wrestler, one that can have a good match with Aries. After the match, Strong came out to attack Aries with Delirious making the save.- Takeshi Morishima def. Shingo to retain the ROH World Title.This was a much better atch than I expected it to be. It started off like it was going to be the squash I expected. But Shingo was able to put together some good offense and believable nearfalls on the big guy. At one point, it seemed like the ref counted three when Shingo had Morishima pinned. Certainly a wonderful surprise.(Intermission)Alex "Sugarfoot" Payne and Bobby dempsey came out for a match. This was strange to see the students being booked after a World Title match. As they were about to start, Tank Toland came to the ring, insulting both Dempsey and Payne, caliming to be a "superior athlete". He then offered to make Bobby Dempsey his protege and then set out to make an example out of Payne. - Tank Toland def. Alex "Sugarfoot" PayneThe "Cult of Sugarfoot" continues in Chicago. But, no amount of crown heat could save him from this brief disaster of a match. Afterwards, Toland, while still insulting Dempsey beckoned him to the back for his training. Somehow, I really don't care where this storyline is going.- Roderick Strong (w/ Rocky Romero) def. Jack EvansGood match. Strong's style works best with Evans, who can take a bump and twist and bend like no other. Jack did manage to get some of his high-flying offense in, but Strong proved to be too much for him.Afterwards, Strong and Romero doublle-teamed Evans, with Romero kicking a chair into Evans' face. Delirious came out for the save again. From what I can gather, I assume that he challenged the No Remorse Corps. Has Jack Evans found someone to start his own stable with?- The Briscoes def. The Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin) to retain the ROH World Tag Team Titles.Wow. This was easily match of the night. The Briscoes are so fluid as a tag team and their no-nonsense, smash mout style is one to be respected. Sabin and Shelley both oozed charisma, causing them to be cheered moreso than booed, despite being the heels. There were a few comedic spots and a couple of great ????, but for the most part, there was energy, personality, great tandem offense by both teams and lots of plausible nearfalls. It goes to show how much both Sabin and Shelley are being misused in TNA because they work well as a tag team and Sabin has charisma if given a chance to show it. Great match.The announcement was made for ROH's return to Chicago on June 26th with Morishima to appear as well as Marafuji and a return match of Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA.- Colt Cabana def. Adam Pearce (w/ Shane Hagadorn)What else can be said? it was Colt's final ROH match After the ring waas flooded with streamers, Pearce attacked Cabana during the ring announcement. Colt used the streamers to his advatage, taking Pearce off his feet. It then became a classic Colt comedy match, with pearce playing his role well too. Colt beat him with an inverted boston crab.Afterwards, Colt spoke to the fans and to Pearce. Pearce then went into their history and, just as you think Pearce is going to show him some respect, he spat in Colt's face and walked off. Colt then spoke to the crowd and the locker room as they gathered in the ring. He said this wasn't a goodbye, but a celebration of the best wrestling company. He thanked Cary Silken and the fans. It was the emotional farewell you expected but it was done with class, Cabana style.