Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Detroit, MI- ''All Star Extravaganza III'' March 30thFriday, March 30, 20071) Four Corner Survival: Adam Pearce w/Shane Hagadorn d. Colt Cabana via pinfall, Matt Sydal, & Chris Hero with Larry Sweeney.2) Erick Stevens d. "Sugar Foot" Alex Payne in a Do or Die match that lasted about five seconds.3) ROH vs. Dragon Gate: Masaaki Mochizuki d. Davey Richards via pinfall after a kick to the head. Said to be a good match.- In-ring confrontation between Bruno Sammartino and Larry Sweeney. Sweeney challenges Bruno to face Chris Hero in an arm wrestling match. Hero and Larry were about to attack Bruno, but Nigel came in for the save. Bruno punched Larry. credit C&P from post on DVDVR4) Anything Goes Mixed Tag Team Match: Jimmy Jacobs & Lacey d. BJ Whitmer & Daizee Haze. Jacobs nailed Daizee with a spear hard enough to send both of her shoes into the crowd, allowing Lacey to get the pin.5) World Tag Team Title Match: Jay & Mark Briscoe d. Naruki Doi & Shingo. Mark botched the shooting star press to the outside and is hurt, taken to the back by paramedics. Jay managed to win the tag titles on his own and ROH has NEW tag team champions!- Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley are in the ring. Have challenged the Briscoes for tag titles next month in Chicago Ridge on April 28.6) YAMATO d. Pelle Primeau in a quick match.7) Brent Albright d. Nigel McGuinness. Chris Hero interfered in the match.8) Special Attraction: Homicide d. Christopher Daniels. Daniels said to be in full heel mode. Adam Pearce jumps Homicide after the match and Jim Cornette came out for some revenge on Homicide!9) Former Partners Collide: Roderick Strong d. Jack Evans cleanly. Said to be great with many sickening spots.10) Eight Man All Star Dragon Gate Rules Match: CIMA, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, & Ryo Saito d. Delirious, Austin Aries, Rocky Romero, & Claudio Castagnoli when CIMA pinned Delirious.

Sad that the useless Briscoes have the tag title back, but you could see it happening. Awesome news that Shelley has mended his bridges for at least a one off return. I can't wait to catch up enough to see Sweeny in ROH. Oh, and poor Daizee.

Great to see Shelley back, MCMG/Briscoes is a match I've wanted to see happen for a while so I'm really looking forward to eventually seeing that one. The Sweeney/Hero/Bruno angle sounds great too and its good to see there building towards a Hero/Nigel feud that could produce some really great matches.Here's a bit more info on the last 2 matches

9. Roderick Strong vs Jack Evans. Roddy's brutalizing Jack including just dropping him to the floor from the apron and using a Kondo Clutch while tied up in the ropes. Made him kick himself in the back of the head, elevated up in the 2nd and 3rd rope. Roddy won with the Strong Hold.10. Eight Man All Star Dragon Gate Rules Match Austin Aries, Delirious, Rocky Romero, & Claudio Castagnoli vs. CIMA, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, & Ryo Saito Crowd is pumped up for the match big time. CIMA pinned Delirious with the Crossfire. They got another huge, huge pop for the Dragon Kid Super Frankensteiner on Delirious who was on Saito's shoulders on top. Awesome match.

• Paid Members

ROH returns to the UK on October 20 and 21 - it was on the flyers for upcoming events on every seat last night..

Adam Pearce pinned Colt Cabana in a Four Corner Survival also featuring Matt Sydal and Chris Hero after a brass knuckles shot in 11:15. This was a very fun opener, Larry Sweeney is awesome and Tank Toland is a jacked midget LOL.

Erick Stevens pinned Alex 'Sugarfoot' Payne in 21 seconds - what the point is in bringing Stevens from FIP for 21 seconds, I have no idea.

Masaaki Mochizuki d. Davey Richards via pinfall after a kick to the head in 10:41. Richards kicks weren't a patch on mochi.

Jimmy Jacobs and Lacey beat BJ Whitmer and Daizee Haze in 9:48 when Lacey pinned the Haze after a Jacobs spear and the implant DDT. Lacey and Haze spent most of the time in the ring while Jacobs and Whitmer brawled in the crowd. Good stuff.

The Briscoes beat Naruki Doi and SHINGO in 16:41 when Jay pinned SHINGO with the Jay Driller. Mark killed himself off a SSP to the floor after about 7 minutes, and after that it was uneventful. Gutted, as the Liverpool match was awesome.

Yamato pinned Pelle Primeau in 2:22. Real good for a 2 minute student match.

Brent Albright beat Nigel McGuinness after Chris Hero interfered in 11:36. Obviously Nigel vs Hero is going to be a feud, as Nigel came out when Hero, Sweeney and Toland confronted Bruno Sammartino earlier.

Homicide pinned Christopher Daniels in 15:01 with a rollup. Better than their 2003 disaster, obviously, the action was pretty good. Daniels did his new TNA gimmick where he has no soul, which is a) hilarious when you think about it and b) doesn't really work in ROH as the crowd still wanted to cheer him.

Roderick Strong made Jack Evans submit to the Stronghold in 21:43. Awesome, awesome match. Seriously, just awesome.

Team Dragon Gate beat Team ROH when CIMA pinned Delirious with the Crossfire in 27:55. The fastest 28 minutes of my life. Those who don't rate the all-DG six man from last year due to the fact it didn't show the characters would love this. Action-wise, the six man probably tops it, but that was no slight on this match whatsoever. Great performances from everyone involved.

Attendance is probably around 1,400 to 1,500.Jay Briscoe Interview. Sydal and Daniels are out. Delirious is the replacement partner. Delirious is "cutting a promo".1. Non-Title: Jay Briscoe and Delirious vs Matt Sydal and Christopher Daniels. Sydal and Daniels are full-blown heels. Delirious pinned Matt Sydal with the Bizarro Driver.2. YAMATO vs Claudio Castagnoli Claudio won in a solid match.3. Do or Die: Erick Stevens vs. Mitch Franklin Stevens mauled him.Sweeney was namedropping A-List celebs like Pauly Shore and Scott Baio; then introduced Chris Hero with Johnny Fairplay.4. Chris Hero Vs. Nigel McGuinness Larry Sweeney and Johnny Fairplay are out with Hero. Nigel won with a Rebound Lariat. He also clobbered Fairplay with a lariat.Rocky Romero is the new member of the No Remorse Corp.5. Jack Evans & Naruki Doi vs. Davey Richards and Rocky Romero Really good match. Evans won after the 630 on Davey.6a. Homicide vs. Brent AlbrightPearce ran in for the DQ very quickly.6b. Homicide and Colt Cabana vs Brent Albright and Adam PearceThey're brawling everywhere. Pelle and Hagadorn are at ringside just fighting for the hell of it. Jim Cornette has also came out. "Fire Russo" chant starts up. Colt pinned PearceIntermission now. They're setting up the cage.7. Steel Cage Match: BJ Whitmer vs Jimmy JacobsJacobs has lost two teeth. Both guys are spiking the shit out of each other. Simultaneously. There's 2 spikes and a chair in the ring. There is also a barbed wire bat in the ring now. Jacobs was brainbustered onto a chair. Table is out. Whitmer just missed a frog splash off the top of the cage. Jimmy won the match with a senton off the cage through a table. Lacey also took a K-Driller at some point. Jacobs "wins their feud" if such a thing can be said. Match was insane and great.8. FIP World Heavyweight Title Match Roderick Strong defends vs. Austin AriesStrong beat Aries with the Strong Hold. He also got powerbombed onto the guardrail and fell through a table as well. Delirious chased Strong out of the building.9. Dragon Gate Rules CIMA, Shingo & Susumu Yokosuka vs. Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito & Masaaki MochizukiSusumu pinned DK after rolling through a Dragon Rana(I think). Match was insane. Similar to last year, but longer

Looks like a pretty awesome show. Really looking forward to seeing the cage match, and Dragon gate match up ~ Edited by Generator

Watched the main event, no wait a minute, even though it was the World Title match it wasn't the last match, so I watched the semi, Homicide vs. Hero. It was an OK match, Hero offers something different to ROH 'style' wrestlers which makes it more watchable. Always been a big fan of Homicide anyway, but his stuff is all the same and so the injection of Hero into the mix made it worth while.Watched the start of the 'MAIN' event, listened to the commentators talikng about their other matches and it sounds like I need to re-tract back and see they had on the first Liverpool tour.EZ

• Paid Members

http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28463

I'm visible in this pic from All Star Extravaganza III, right over Roderick's left shoulder and two people to the right of Green Lantern Fan (left as we look at it).

http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28248 that's a resounding "holy shit" pic... Mark Briscoe after the SSP botch

http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28356 I'm just about visible in this one, too

EDIT: just found this one, as well... http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28510

Edited by gadgetboy

http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28463I'm visible in this pic from All Star Extravaganza III, right over Roderick's left shoulder and two people to the right of Green Lantern Fan (left as we look at it).http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28248 that's a resounding "holy shit" pic... Mark Briscoe after the SSP botch http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28356 I'm just about visible in this one, tooEDIT: just found this one, as well... http://rohphotos.com/4images/details.php?image_id=28510

I have to say, YOU ARE MAD, but cool pics aswell.

• Paid Members

Shelley and Sabin confront Jay Briscoe. While you can't see that it's me due to the VQ, you can clearly see someone in a white t-shirt, second row next to the entranceway, banging on the guard rails quite a bit ;)