Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Lake Grove Event Moved To Deer ParkThursday, June 28, 2007"Race To The Top: Night 1" will be the biggest tournament in ROH history and it will kick off on July 27th in Long Island. Due to Sports Plus closing its doors at the end of June, this huge event has been moved to the Deer Park Community Center in Deer Park, NY on Long Island. All tickets already purchased for Sports Plus will be honored at the door in Deer Park. This is a small venue with really intimate seating so we urge you to get your tickets now at www.ROHwrestling.com or by calling 215-781-2500. Long Island will see the eight first round matches in this 16 man single elimination tournament that will conclude the next night in Edison, NJ. There will be much more besides the tournament matches in Deer Park. Nigel McGuinness & Bryan Danielson teamed up on June 22nd in Dayton, OH to defeat the NOAH all star duo of ROH World Champion Takeshi Morishima & Naomichi Marufuji. ROH officials believe that this has earned them a World Tag Team Title shot. It will be ROH World Tag Team Champions Jay & Mark Briscoe vs. McGuinness & Danielson and if The Briscoes are still champs the belts will be on the line. It doesn't get any bigger than this when arguably the best team in the world takes on two of the top singles wrestlers going today. Here is the skinny on ROH's Deer Park debut including all sixteen competitors in the "Race To The Top" tournament. More will be announced in the upcoming weeks including first round matches. Ring Of HonorJuly 27th, 2007- 8pm startDeer Park Community Center 41 Homer AvenueDeer Park, NY 11729This event replaced the show scheduled for Sports Plus in Long Island. All tickets for Sports Plus will be honored in Deer Park. Tickets are available by calling 215-781-2500 and at www.rohwrestling.com or www.Tickets.com ROH World Tag Team Title Match (if Briscoes are still champions)Jay & Mark Briscoe defend vs. Bryan Danielson & Nigel McGuinness First round of the "Race To The Top" tourney with:-Making his ROH return Jack Evans-BJ Whitmer-Brent Albright-Chris Hero-Claudio Castagnoli-Davey Richards-Delirious-El Generico-Erick Stevens-Hallowicked-Jigsaw-Kevin Steen-Matt Cross-Matt Sydal-Mike Quackenbush-Pelle Primeau Plus more to be signed with Roderick Strong, Austin Aries, Jimmy Rave, Gran Akuma, Daizee Haze and more!!! Get your tickets now and don't risk a shut out!!! Much more news will come in the upcoming weeks in the ROHwrestling.com Newswire.

So with Austin Aries back the Faction war's are back on, did Delirious officially join Resiliance, or was he just helping them out?Because if he they should tag up him up with Hallowicked be so they can do the Incoherence thing for a while, at least give's Delirious.How much longer do you see Morishima having the belt for? I really don't think Nigel is ready for the belt, i don't think i could watch 20 minute matches of his with 1,000 Lariats in every match, although I guess it's better than his "I'm a european wrestler!!! watch my opponent put me in a wristlock and i will do some wackyy!~" days.I guess it's slightly down to what happens with Bryan Danielson wins the NWA World title. Who does everyone here think should be the next ROH World Champion?

• Paid Members

I think Claudio would be an interesting choice but I'm not sure he's ready for it yet.Maybe make Danielson the first ever 2-time World Champion? I'd go with that for awhile while other people are built up to take the belt.

From the results I've read over the past few months it looks as though Nigel is being groomed for the top spot, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win it soon. Then again with Aries returning they could always have him win it again.

Just glanced at the ROH PPV card and see Steen and Generico on it... I want some info now!How many shows they done, what kind of response, who they faced, etc, etc... general opinions on the two young Canadians in ROH also appreciated.Cheers!

Just glanced at the ROH PPV card and see Steen and Generico on it... I want some info now!How many shows they done, what kind of response, who they faced, etc, etc... general opinions on the two young Canadians in ROH also appreciated.Cheers!

They have been around since about February/March as a highly successful tag team. They have been in a feud with the Briscoes and have had a few great matches. I was shocked by how decent they both were.

steen and genrico had a tag match with th briscoes on the fyf: philly show, it was match of the night and it stole the show, this gave them permant spots in roh, even though they come off short in this onethen there next appearence was steen vs primau which was pretty much a squash with some heelish comments from steen after the match, generico was in a four way later, both were good matcheslater after the claudio vs jay briscoe match , claudio challenged briscoes to a tag title match, then steen and generico came out and said how they deserve a title match against the briscoes, show before or two before mark briscoe suffered a concussion in a tag title match, only on this show steen started attacking his head when a brawl started involving all five guysthe next night steen and genrico were to face jay briscoe and erick stevens, only for the nrc to come out and attack stevens only to leave jay alone, later in the match and some great heel work by steen, mark comes through the crowd to join the match, roh staff and his mum try to stop him from wrestling but he don't listen, steen and generico work on marks head, steen and generico win with the package pildriver by steen then a brainbuster by generico on markafter the match steen snotted on mark, while genrico was checking on mark, steen was pissed off at generico checking on mark, and pulled him awayi have only watched up to then on dvd, so dont really know what happens after that.they have been superb in there matches, and it looks like a heel/face tag team at the moment

From the results I've read over the past few months it looks as though Nigel is being groomed for the top spot, so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him win it soon. Then again with Aries returning they could always have him win it again.

I don't see anyone beating Morishima for the gold but McGuiness. I would go as far to say Nigel is leaving Japan with the Title.

i think nigel will win the title, but a bit later in year in maybe a last chance match, but definatly not in japen, and especially on the 1st show of a double shot

In the world of pro wrestling I would never use the words 'definately not'. What BETTER place is there than Japan for that title change to tale place. Adds a little more credibility to the World Title changing hands in a foreign country AND it would give Nigel a boost by beating the Champion for the Title in his own backyard.

i see ya point, with moreishima winning the belt in america, and with it being noah based that show and nigel making apearences in noah couldnt see why not, just cant imagine title changing hands on 1st night of a double shot

i see ya point, with moreishima winning the belt in america, and with it being noah based that show and nigel making apearences in noah couldnt see why not, just cant imagine title changing hands on 1st night of a double shot

Would set a rematch for night 2?
It's possible but as it stands right now McGuiness faces Whitmer on night two. Edited by Finlay