Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

This show got much more positive reviews from the ROH faithful than the generally disappointing October and November shows, and night 1 of the Chicago Spectacular, but I didn't really feel this show was all that. The cage match onwards is good stuff, but ROH have definitely done better. I hope 'International Challenge' and 'Final Battle 2006' are better. IC looks to have a good line-up, and FB2006 should certainly deliver.

I've reallyed stalled on ROH since Anarchy in the UK since a lot of the cards look pretty forgettable and as you say, a lot of the October November stuff hasn't been praised to highly. Since you've seen a lot of the recent ROH, can you advise me what you think are the must see or key shows so that I can catch up when the next buy 3 get 1 free offer comes round.I was thinking ofGlory by Honor V (Both Nights)Irresistable Forces (For Joe vs Danielson)Chicago Spectacular Night 1 (For the same reason)Is there anything else out there thats particularly unmissable?
Honor Reclaims Boston is pretty good. If you don't have anything at all after Anarchy in the UK, then I enjoyed Epic Encounter II as well. While I watch all the shows... for a B3G1F sale I'd probably pick EEII, GBHV nights 1 and 2 (though be aware GBHV night 1 is a tent show and looks a little odd) and if you want to see Joe vs Danielson, Irresistible Foces is not bad (but beware the dreadful Corino/Delirious match). Then the next go round, you could go for Honor Reclaims Boston, Dethroned, Chicago Spectacular Night 1 and one from later in December (I'll tell you when I've seen International Challenge...)

I really don't know how people can justofy still paying full price for the ROH DVD's. Sure, it's nice having the official box and stuff, but when you can get 8-10 events unofficially for the price of one officially it's ludicrous.Unless you just want to support the company, and in which case, it's an honourable, though ultimately expensive stance.

They can justify it because that's illegal, copyright fraud and makes it more difficult for people to earn a living doing a dangerous profession that is already hard enough to make a living from as it is. Very few people make any reasonable amount of money from independent wrestling, especially considering the health problems it can cause and the amount of time, money and effort it takes to get to a decent standard. If you want wrestling to prosper, the least you can do is support it. They hardly charge unreasonable amounts of money for the DVDs.

I should note to any ROH fans that are slightly behind on purchasing that if you have the patience and hard drive space, both "Chicago Spectacular" Nights and Final Battle '06 are available for download at you know where. Save yourself a little bit of money :thumbsup:

I should note to any ROH fans that are slightly behind on purchasing that if you have the patience and hard drive space, both "Chicago Spectacular" Nights and Final Battle '06 are available for download at you know where. Save yourself a little bit of money :thumbsup:

I have now seen that and am in the process of downloading the Chicago Shows :thumbsup:

What happened to ROH's tv deal they had a few years ago, i remember Powerslam did a article on US Indie tv shows or something like that...

• Paid Members

What exactly is the ROH style?Quack is fucking awesome, he knows about a million counters to everything, is a great babyface and is just allround good stuff. It's about time they brought him in.Now they just need to bring in Eddie Kingston full time.

What exactly is the ROH style?Quack is fucking awesome, he knows about a million counters to everything, is a great babyface and is just allround good stuff. It's about time they brought him in.Now they just need to bring in Eddie Kingston full time.

I meant like are there potentially awesome matches he could have in ROH?

ROH style?Faux Technical wrestling start. Lucha esq stand off spots. x 1000 near fall head drop mental moves?And yes, its a great thing Quack is going to be in ROH.

Just got done watching Chicago Spectacular night one:1) Kikuataro/Toland was a poor opener. Toland is just awful. *2) Briscoes/Irish Airborne was a very short squash basically. *1/23) Homicide/Albright was decent and told a nice story especially post match. **1/24) Daniels/Richards/Whitmer/Cross was fantastic. One of my favourite 4 corner survivals. ***3/45) McGuiness/Rave was another decent enough encounter but nothing really special. Rave's new persona is rather good. **1/26) Delirious/Steel v Hagadorn/Pearce was an awful tag match. Hagadorn and Pearce have to be the most boring wreslters on the roster. This went far too long even at only 12 minutes. *7) Cabana/Jacobs was a really good heated brawl. The after match stuff was really good also. Jacobs is doind really good things in ROH as a heel right now with both Cabana and Whitmer. ***8) Aries/Strong v Sydal/Shingo was a really slow burn match. They wore down Aires for almost 15 minutes. Once it got going towards the end it was fantastic. ***9) Danielson/Joe in the cage was a let down to me. It only went around 20 minutes and the ending was just obvious. **1/2All in all, unless you get every ROH DVD (or can download this one like I did) it's not really a must see. It was a decent way to spend 3 hours though.