Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

My "oppurtunity to pimp DG goodness" alert just went off there. You need this:

Infinity #23, 7/3~7/121. Tozawa Trial Series, #10 (7/3)Keni'chiro Arai vs. Tozawa2. Open the Triangle Gate (7/8)CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi3. Open the Triangle Gate (7/9)Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii4. Open the Triangle GateRyo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii5. BxB Hulk vs. Don Fujii (7/12)6. Open the Triangle GateCIMA, Magnitude Kishiwada, Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi

I reviewed it here, http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=1295245Though you might want to watch it unspoiled. Either way, this episode was almost exclusively BloodGen vs DF and was all gold. Best TV episode of 2005. Also, if you have any thoughts on the DG shows you're watching then please, please post them in the big Dragon Gate thread, it would be greatly appreciated.http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=49584 Edited by JLM

Infinity #23, 7/3~7/121. Tozawa Trial Series, #10 (7/3)Keni'chiro Arai vs. Tozawa2. Open the Triangle Gate (7/8)CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi3. Open the Triangle Gate (7/9)Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii4. Open the Triangle GateRyo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi vs. CIMA, Naruki Doi, Don Fujii5. BxB Hulk vs. Don Fujii (7/12)6. Open the Triangle GateCIMA, Magnitude Kishiwada, Masato Yoshino vs. Ryo Saito, Dragon Kid, Genki Horiguchi

I reviewed it here, http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=1295245Though you might want to watch it unspoiled. Either way, this episode was almost exclusively BloodGen vs DF and was all gold. Best TV episode of 2005. Also, if you have any thoughts on the DG shows you're watching then please, please post them in the big Dragon Gate thread, it would be greatly appreciated.http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=49584
I bought this from JLM's recomendation and can happily concur that it seriously rocked

I reviewed it here, http://ukff.com/index.php?s=&showtopic...t&p=1295245Though you might want to watch it unspoiled. Either way, this episode was almost exclusively BloodGen vs DF and was all gold. Best TV episode of 2005. Also, if you have any thoughts on the DG shows you're watching then please, please post them in the big Dragon Gate thread, it would be greatly appreciated.http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=49584
I bought this from JLM's recomendation and can happily concur that it seriously rocked
Thank you guys! JLM, following ROH and disliking spoilers are two things that do not mix. Your review was really good and I may post a couple of reviews on the DG thread. The only problem is, they'll be shows you'll have probably reviewed already and certainly have seen:23/Ap/06 P.P.V (Ryo Saito vs. Susumu Yokosuka headlining)05/Oc/05 P.P.V (CIMA vs. Taka Michinoku)Infinity #27 (Ryo Saito vs. CIMA)WrestlejamAnd soon I should have King Of The Gate 2005.I have questions about some of the stuff that happens on the shows so I'll visit the DG thread more often! Actually, right now, since I have a question about CIMA-Taka. Thanks again and I'll get onto ordering Infinity #23,Rob.

• Paid Members

Also posted in the DG thread, in case anybody skips it:

Dragon's Gate announced today in Japan that they would be sending CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito, Genki Horiguchi, and Shingo Takagi to the Ring of Honor events in Detroit, Michigan on 3/30 and 3/31 during Wrestlemania 23 weekend. Dragon's Gate sent many of the same talents to last year's ROH events in Chicago the weekend of Wrestlemania 22. That led to one of the best matches of 2006, a six man tag featuring Blood Generation of CIMA & Naruki Doi & Masato Yoshino vs. Do Fixer of Ryo Saito & Genki Horiguchi & Dragon Kid during ROH's "Supercard of Honor" event.

• Paid Members

Originally posted by ogb on the ROH forums[br]Looks like DG wanted to get the word out a little early...Thanks to the great Dragon Gate site DG USA for the information.

The participation players for the ROH Wrestlemania weekend shows in Detroit were announced. DG will be holding a tour for Japanese fans.The shows are on 3/30, 3/31, and 4/1. Participating will be CIMA, Masaaki Mochizuki, Susumu Yokosuka, Dragon Kid, Ryo Saito, Genki Horiguchi, and Shingo Takagi.

Susumu! IN THE US! How awesome is that?
I'm going to the Friday night show~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to the Friday night show. My first thought was that it would be interesting to see if I believe the hype more seeing the Dragon Gate crew in person than on dvd when I thought the 6-man from Supercard From Honor failed to live up to the classic I had read numerous glowing reviews of.But then my second thought on this was how to not get thrown out for mercilessly attacking the "Please Don't Stop!" and "Match of The Year!" chanting fuckers who will surely be all around me.

• Paid Members

Mine?1. Samoa Joe, BJ Whitmer & Adam Pearce vs. Chris Hero, Necro Butcher & Super Dragon2. Bryan Danielson vs. Kenta3. Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinnes (from Liverpool)4. Samoa Joe, Bryan Danielson, BJ Whitmer, Ace Steel & Adam Pearce vs. Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Necro Butcher, Nate Webb & Eddie Kingston5. Homicide vs. Colt Cabana (4th Anniversary show)

I think the DG 6-Man is alright. The execution is swank and as far as spot-fu type matches go it was nicely done. But it didn't help that nobody in the crowd knew the wrestlers, and that most of the stuff was a bit meaningless in the context they wrestled in. The crowd itself helps make it difficult viewing, with the 'please don't stop' and other crappy chants.I actually agree about the ROH ring needing changing, but I don't like the colous; the black makes it look really dull, I'd like to see them go with something brighter. Even things like that make the matches more enjoyable IMO. Needs to be bigger as well.My Top 5 in ROH 2006?1. Bryan Danielson v Samoa Joe (Fight Of The Century 05/08/06)2. KENTA v Roderick Strong (Throwdown 23/06/06)3. Jimmy Rave/Alex Shelley/Masato Yoshino v Dragon Kid/Genki Horiguchi/Ryo Saito (Better Than Our Best 01/04/06)4. Bryan Danielson v Alex Shelley (Arena Warfare 11/03/06)5. Austin Aries/Roderick Strong v CIMA/Naruki Doi (Better Than Our Best 01/04/06)Keep in mind that the last show I saw was Anarchy In The UK.

I think the DG 6-Man is alright. The execution is swank and as far as spot-fu type matches go it was nicely done. But it didn't help that nobody in the crowd knew the wrestlers, and that most of the stuff was a bit meaningless in the context they wrestled in. The crowd itself helps make it difficult viewing, with the 'please don't stop' and other crappy chants.I actually agree about the ROH ring needing changing, but I don't like the colous; the black makes it look really dull, I'd like to see them go with something brighter. Even things like that make the matches more enjoyable IMO. Needs to be bigger as well.My Top 5 in ROH 2006?1. Bryan Danielson v Samoa Joe (Fight Of The Century 05/08/06)2. KENTA v Roderick Strong (Throwdown 23/06/06)3. Jimmy Rave/Alex Shelley/Masato Yoshino v Dragon Kid/Genki Horiguchi/Ryo Saito (Better Than Our Best 01/04/06)4. Bryan Danielson v Alex Shelley (Arena Warfare 11/03/06)5. Austin Aries/Roderick Strong v CIMA/Naruki Doi (Better Than Our Best 01/04/06)Keep in mind that the last show I saw was Anarchy In The UK.

Out of interest, what do you want from a wrestling crowd?Rob.

• Paid Members

Most people want fans with emotion that are loud and chant-happy but not when the chants are the fans pretty much saying "You athletes are putting on an incredible wrestling display, thank you, we give you our full support" which is what often happens with the mongoloid wrestling fans.

This weekend's results, for those who care -

Night One - 1) Rocky Romero over Davey Richards via submission2) Jack Evans over Eddie Edwards via pinfall3) Delirious and Pelle Primeau over Adam Pearce and Shane Hagadorn when Delirious made Hagadorn tap. Pearce was brawling with Pelle outside the ring during the submission.4) Jimmy Jacobs, Brent Albright, and Lacey over Colt Cabana, BJ Whitmer, and Daizee Haze when Lacey pinned Daizee after Jacobs put her through a table.Apparently this was the best drawing ROH show in Braintree to date.5) Samoa Joe over Nigel McGuinness via submission. Jimmy Rave attacked Joe after the match.~INTERMISSION~6) Jimmy Rave won the Four Corner Survival over Jason Blade, Shingo, and Christopher Daniels when he made Daniels tap to the 'Heel Hook'.7) Homicide pinned Chris Hero with a Cop Killa8) The Briscoes beat Strong and Aries two falls to none.~Briscoes take fall #1 after a spike Jay-Driller on Strong~Briscoes take fall #2 after spike Jay-Driller on Aries

Apparently Daizee got messed up during her match and was given a standing ovation afterwards. The main had little or no heat.

Night 2 - Jimmy Rave beat Nigel Mcguinness due to ref stoppage when Nigel wouldn't submit to the Heel Hook.Adam Pearce pinned Pelle Primeau after a piledriverHero wins a three way over Daniels and Claudio with a roll up on Daniels.Jimmy Jacobs over BJ Whitmer when Brent Albright interferes after BJ picked up Jimmy after a top rope exploder, and tries to powerbomb him through a table, but Albright interfered and put BJ through the table.Briscoes beat the Pitbulls with a J-Driller on Ricky. Romero walked out and left Reyes for dead.~Intermisson~Colt and Del Ray beat Lacey and Albright, Del Ray pinned Lacey with a double underhookAries/Strong/Evans beat Richards/Delirious/Shingo when Aries hit the 450 on Shingo.Homicide beat Joe clean in about 35 minutes with 4 straight lariats.

MOTN was the 6 man. Briscoes/Pitbulls was apparently awful, probably because the Briscoes still suck a dick unless they're working guys who like to get killed.Can I just point out that Homicide with the World Title is a stupid idea.