Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

I think it'll be fine as long as he doesn't hold it too long.I've gotta' admit The Briscoes are growing on me. They aren't the greatest of workers but their Lynyrd Skynrd entrance music, look and demented redkneck retard personalities gives a big smile on my face.

Nice to see some love for Blood Embassy vs Do Fixer and Danielson vs Shelley there anarchistxx.

It's an excellent match. Unlike the all DG 6-Man, it had a nice structure and they could actually play off the face/heel dynamic. It seemed less spotty and had a lot more substance.

Where would Danielson vs Nigel at Unified stand on a longer list?

It would likely make the lower reaches of a Top 10. I wasn't there, so I have no emotional or nostalgic connection, and I didn't think the work at the start was anything special at all. It was a good match, but I've seen a lot better this year.

Out of interest, what do you want from a wrestling crowd?

A crowd that isn't constantly chanting about 'workrate' and that doesn't sit about respecting the wrestlers and waiting for a near fall so they can show everyone how smart they are by chanting 'this is awesome' and 'please don't stop'. A crowd that gets into a match in that they are getting behind the wrestlers and emotionally involved, rather than clapping intricate spots. A crowd that doesn't chant for a certain wrestler just to get a duel chant going, when they really have little preference over who wins the match.Basically a crowd who roots for the heel or face, and gets into the match in terms of caring more about the outcome than the quality.I haven't minded the Briscoe's lately, but I have to admit I like their promos more than their matches.I too think Homicide with the belt is silly; I don't buy him as champion, and I don't think he's that good a wrestler either. Nothing about him, from his attire or anything, screams world champion.Can anyone reccomend me the best shows to buy after Anarchy In The UK? I want to see some stuff, but can't be bothered to sit through crap shows.

• Paid Members

I like Epic Encounter II, reviewed it a page or two back, though if you haven't been a fan of the Danielson vs McGuinness matches, you might not want to bother.Definitely get Glory By Honor V weekend, especially Night 2. The October shows have been awful by ROH standards, with the possible exception of Irresistible Forces from Chicago on October 28 which I'm in the middle of watching and has been a lot better, bar a dreadful Corino vs Delirious match.

And there is now officialy little reason to watch ROH anymore.Samoa Joe is leaving after the British shows in March.They've lost Joe, Dragon, Ki, Lethal, Punk, Shelley and Gibson in the last 18 months. They haven't really replaced them.Happy days, with Delirious as the new top star. The Briscoes will likely be gone soon, and ROH shows were already looking really thin on decent talent without the Japanese imports.

The Briscoes will likely be gone soon.

It's not all bad news then?Massive news. Joe's a massive part of their product, and while he's effectively done everything now except for 'Dream Matches' he's a gap that wont be easily filled. Your comment about Delirious being the top star now, while obviously light hearted, is a bit silly. There are many guys more pushed, and it's probably Nigel McGuinness and Roderick Strong who'll have the most to gain by Joe's departure. The ROH stuff I've seen recently has been very poor in comparison to earlier in the year when the CZW stuff was rocking, but since then they've bought in guys like Shingo Takagi and Bret Albright, both of whom have loads of potential if used right. Still, this will be a massive test of ROH's popularity.

• Paid Members

By big companies do you mean TNA and WWE? If not then ROH is the biggest US company they could work for.And perhaps they will be called up for a lengthy Japan tour but perhaps they won't go. The Briscoes run their own business fulltime aswell as wrestling and they are still very young. They can't even make it out to California once a month for PWG, there's no garantuee they would do a big Japan tour.And still, your post is just guessing.

Edited by LaGoosh

• Paid Members

Samoa Joe's last run of ROH matches in full, according to the latest video wire...Joe vs Takeshi Morishima (Feb 16th, NYC)Joe vs Davey Richards (Feb 17th, Philadelphia)Joe vs Jimmy Rave (Feb 23rd, Dayton)Joe and Homicide vs Morishima and McGuinness (Feb 24th, Chicago)Joe vs Nigel McGuinness (March 3rd, Liverpool)Joe's Final Match (March 4th, Liverpool) That should be quite the final run. Shame we never got Joe vs KENTA though...

I'm pretty sure one of the big companies will sign the Briscoes soon, they're excellent promo guys and have a good look.

I'd say calling them excellent promo guys is a slight exaggeration.Not too suprised about Joe as his name wasn't on the talent list for the Mania weekend & he wasn't going to work the Japan shows. This makes me think now that Morishima could beat 'Cide for the belt to maybe ease the loss of Joe. As for never getting a Joe/KENTA match, it's probaly a good job as they might have ended up killing each other. Edited by Jun Kasai