Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

I got weekend of Champions today, I've only watched the CZW stuff and a few other matches and I'll just give these small thoughts with a proper review later.The 6 man war on night one is really bad. The 100th show brawl is amazing but this one sucks ass mainly because Ace Steel, Colt Cabana, Claudio Castagnoli, Nate Webb and BJ Whitmer aren't good brawlers or strong enough to carry this match without Joe. Pearce isn't in it for too long either so the only guy who really looks good in this is Necro.I really have to point out though that Ace Steel is really fucking crap. The guy looks like a clueless retard. His screams make him looks like a lunatic (and not in a good way), his chairshots look like they hurt as much as RVDs forearms and his brawling and look are just really pathetic.Though I have to point out that the Super Dragon/BJ match from night two is fucking awesome and they really tell a good story with Dragon in his great ULTRA-PRICK~ mode and BJ playing the underdog great. Dragon also sells the ending incredibly well like he is actually dead.

Finally got round to watching Supercard of Honor. The Dragongate match is mental. I'm not convinced it's one of the best matches ever as others have said but its pretty much must see stuff. Absolutely insane. A lot of people said that these guys would put on many similar matches in Japan and this match only got hype because it occurred on US soil. Can those guys PLEASE recommend me some shows with similar quality matches because I'd love to see more of these guys. I've only seen one Dragongate show (Which I recieved when a tape trader got my order wrong) I'm keen for some advice on really good shows or big events.I enjoyed Danielson vs Strong but I actually felt I enjoyed the matches with Shelley and Rave more. Overall a very good card. Well worth a look but it's loooong!

Edited by didcotfc

• Paid Members

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=49584 < Plenty of DragonGate news, reviews and opinions in there. The thread has been going for almost two years now. :D

http://dragongate.puroresufan.com is the site for news, results, sometimes opinions and also very helpful biographies and other info. The only DG resource you really need. Apologies if it's down or something at the moment, I can't go there as I'm avoiding spoilers!

For more DF/BloodGen matches you absolutely need Dragongate Infinity #23 (7/3 - 7/12)

. Infinity is the monthly TV show, this one is from July 2005, and Summer of 2005 was all about DF vs BloodGen.

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=49584&st=450# < Thoughts on it there, though it's a bit rambly and spoilery if you want to see the matches without preconceptions.

The September 2005 PPV is a strong card from top to bottom

You could also do with: Dragon Gate LIVE Gaora TV 12/26/05 and December PPV

The first is a one-off live show featuring the quarter finals of Dragon Gate's "King of gate" tournament which is somewhat similar to King of the ring, though in DG terms more prestigious. The idea is that the winner becomes the promotion's top dog, and a title shot etc. usually follows.

The second show is the Pay Per view from December 05, with the two semi-finals from that tournament and the final as the main event. There's also a typically insane battle royal and some decent enough multiman tag matches.

The February 06 PPV is good, the January PPV's second half is excellent. After that I can't really recommend anything because I'm waiting on an order that should be here any day now.

There aren't many offensively bad shows, and I'm sure a lot of what I consider run of the mill in terms of six man tags would be a lot better if you've never seen it before or don't follow the storylines, but the stuff I recommend there is stuff that stands out to someone like me who watches every single show and is all jaded and smarky.

Edited by JLM

http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=49584 < Plenty of DragonGate news, reviews and opinions in there. The thread has been going for almost two years now. :Dhttp://dragongate.puroresufan.com is the site for news, results, sometimes opinions and also very helpful biographies and other info. The only DG resource you really need. Apologies if it's down or something at the moment, I can't go there as I'm avoiding spoilers! For more DF/BloodGen matches you absolutely need Dragongate Infinity #23 (7/3 - 7/12). Infinity is the monthly TV show, this one is from July 2005, and Summer of 2005 was all about DF vs BloodGen. http://ukff.com/index.php?showtopic=49584&st=450# < Thoughts on it there, though it's a bit rambly and spoilery if you want to see the matches without preconceptions. The September 2005 PPV is a strong card from top to bottomYou could also do with: Dragon Gate LIVE Gaora TV 12/26/05 and December PPVThe first is a one-off live show featuring the quarter finals of Dragon Gate's "King of gate" tournament which is somewhat similar to King of the ring, though in DG terms more prestigious. The idea is that the winner becomes the promotion's top dog, and a title shot etc. usually follows. The second show is the Pay Per view from December 05, with the two semi-finals from that tournament and the final as the main event. There's also a typically insane battle royal and some decent enough multiman tag matches. The February 06 PPV is good, the January PPV's second half is excellent. After that I can't really recommend anything because I'm waiting on an order that should be here any day now. There aren't many offensively bad shows, and I'm sure a lot of what I consider run of the mill in terms of six man tags would be a lot better if you've never seen it before or don't follow the storylines, but the stuff I recommend there is stuff that stands out to someone like me who watches every single show and is all jaded and smarky.

Cheers for that. Seems like a few really good starting points.

Man, there’s some good stuff come out of the H this year you might want to check out…I guess I sort of admire your bizarre loyalty though.I have to get round to seeing Richard’s soon. After all they hype, if he’s shit, I’ll be very disappointed.