Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

Just watched Better than our Best. Really awesome show, probably better than Supercard.The opening sixman mayhem was pretty much standard for a scramble style match and pretty forgettable.Delirious vs Reyes was a fun little match with Delirous' ROH career at stake. It was fun but not much more.Now the goodness begins...Yossino & The Embassy vs Do Fixer was incredible fun. Yossino got a good toilet papering with the Embassy and really got into the heel spirit of the embassy. Throwing a toilet roll in Ryo Satos face at the start was great. So much fun with a big sprint finish. QualityAJ Styles vs Christopher Daniels vs Jimmy Yang vs Samoa Joe. Joe, AJ and Daniels know each other inside out by now. Some of the closing exchanges were really impressive. Jimmy Yang didn't really add anything to the match but it was still very good and was a rare fourway that actually had meaning.Afterwards Joe had a verbal confrontation with Danielson. Joe was in super intense mode while Danielson was in full on prick mood. Can't wait for these guys to finally match up as this was building very nicely.Blood Generation vs Generation Next.Better still that the lasty tag match. Aries busted his nose pretty bad and CIMA and Doi were not afraid to expliot it.Danielson vs Lance StormStorm looked pretty sharp and had plenty of support. Danielson really turned up the arse-holery to fire the atmosphere up. The match was very much what you'd expect with really solid mat work from both guys. Danielson's title defences are now completely unmissable. Just an epic series of matches in his reign as champion. The end of the match featured the lamest most cringeworth ROH chant of ALL TIME. 'Less is more, less is more'...Weak....Homicide vs Colt CabanaThe voilence of this fued meant that this match was always going to be a huge hardcore blow-off. There were some really nice references to the previous beatings Homicide had given Cabana with the various weapons that came into play. I still preffered the Streetfight from Death Before Dishonour 2 but this was pretty good. I enjoyed it plenty but it isn't really a classic. I think in a gritty bloody fight like this it would have been better if Julious Smokes had avoided the over the top comedy selling. It seemed out of place.Very unsure of whether I approved of the hand shake finish. If they'd had a classic wrestling match then fair enough but after such a voilent war? hmmmm not convinced...

Finally watched the Dragon Gate Six Man from SoH.Absolutely breathtaking to watch at times. I wouldn't go as far as to say one of the best matches ever, but it's definately my match of the year so far, although I haven't seen even CLOSE to a lot of the good matches this year.

The reason you don't always notice the crowd when Danielson's in there is because he's so fucking awesome that our attention's focused on him. The best thing is that since his style is primarily submission and technical based the risk of him injuring himself is relatively low; if he was taken out of action it'd be a nightmare for ROH.

The reason you don't always notice the crowd when Danielson's in there is because he's so fucking awesome that our attention's focused on him. The best thing is that since his style is primarily submission and technical based the risk of him injuring himself is relatively low; if he was taken out of action it'd be a nightmare for ROH.

Yeah he's even better since he became a cocky heel, when did that happen?Until recently the last time I saw him in ROH was during their first year when he was an awesome yet colourless face.His promo on Samao Joe at Better Than Our Best was great lol - "Lose some weight fatty, lose some weight" :laugh:

Yeah he's even better since he became a cocky heel, when did that happen?Until recently the last time I saw him in ROH was during their first year when he was an awesome yet colourless face.His promo on Samao Joe at Better Than Our Best was great lol - "Lose some weight fatty, lose some weight" :laugh:
Apparently his personality came about after he toured the UK and Europe; basically he picked up on some things his repertoire was missing, most notablyhow to be a fucking awesome heel.I can say without any overstatement that Danielson has the potential to be better than Chris Benoit; he's already a better character now, and capable of better promos, than Benoit's ever had or ever done. And his ring work is sublime. God, just imagine if the two wrestled each other!

Thanks for the info.Yeah that'd be so good that ROH fans would probably be chanting "This is awesome" seconds after they locked up lol.He already seems more comfortable on the mic than Benoit ever has, his "whoa...whoa....whooooooooa" surfboard made me laugh the first time I saw it. Can't wait to see him V Nigel McGuinness in Liverpool :thumbsup:

Got this from TWC forumns dont know if its 100% true but

Johnson also reports that both Nick Berk and Colt Cabana are close to being offered developmental deals by the WWE. Berk was backstage at all the recent house shows in Texas and really impressed management with his Tom Jones/LoungeLizard gimmick

itll be sad if he does go he was one of my favourate wrestlers in the promotion but he does deserve it