Official ROH Discussion Thread

alexander

• Paid Members

Had a look in this thread as I'd heard about the Whitmer thing and thought there would be some detail. Flicked back a couple of pages and find that (spoilers just in case, related to Ian's spoilered post)

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

the SCUM angle is dead? Isn't it about 6 weeks since they effectively formed as a big stable?

Seriously, how fucking ADD is this company?

Speaking of which, it's about time they got a new logo and a new set of belts, isn't it? Been a couple of months.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

I went to Supercard of Honor on WrestleMania weekend, which was tremendous. I got a couple of DVDs from that time frame though and they were far from inspiring.

It says something that there's not been any discussion about Adam Cole winning the title tournament..

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Two tickets for Final Battle just arrived today. As I did Mania in New York without my mrs earlier this year, she has been saying she wants to go & when she suggested December I thought I could get a sneaky trip to the Hammerstein in. To my surprise (shes not a wrestling fan but knows a fair bit) she said she would go as well, this will be her 1st ever live wrestling show. She holds her own at football matches so she is fully prepared for the drunken Hammerstein atmosphere. I thought I would have a look on this thread & see if anyone looking forward to the show but it would appear there isn't much interest in ROH these days. Apart from the fact New York will be freezing I'm looking forward to it, went to both Supercard of Honor & the TV tapings in April and if it's anywhere near as good as those shows I will be happy.

• 2 months later...
  • Paid Members

Weird seeing that article up there. Gabe Sapolsky and Colt Cabana talking to WWE.com is utterly bizarre. They do a good job of burying any mention of Punk to the latter pages of it, without outright ignoring him.

Had a whim to watch this weeks ROH TV with AJ/Strong but couldn't make sense of their website. The "Current TV Episode" page on their website has no date and I watched for 10 minutes before working out it must have been the episode from the week before. The usual torrent sites don't have it either, what gives.

Weird seeing that article up there. Gabe Sapolsky and Colt Cabana talking to WWE.com is utterly bizarre. They do a good job of burying any mention of Punk to the latter pages of it, without outright ignoring him.

Not really it seems, had a bit of a look at a few other articles and he seems to be interviewed quite a bit, one about Riberia for example.

• Paid Members

An article on Smokey Mountain the other week seemed far more unlikely than a one with ROH. Especially with Cornette narrating the thing. WWE.com is a totally separate thing from WWE creative these days. Meaning you dont have people putting their thumb on things. That's why you get all this cool stuff like galleries of Ultimate Warriors face paint and interviews with people who haven't been there is years. Its a excellent website. Joey Styles is the head of it, there for there's no real agenda or consistency with who is on WWE's shit list. He just puts up articles which he knows will get buzz and hits.

The strangest thing WWE.com have ever had on their site was back in 2005 when they decided to start putting up legit wrestling news for some reason. Including TNA taping reports, which was quite odd.

Edited by IANdrewDiceClay

The strangest thing WWE.com have ever had on their site was back in 2005 when they decided to start putting up legit wrestling news for some reason. Including TNA taping reports, which was quite odd.

I don't think it was even as far back as that - a little digging suggests it was 2008, so not even when TNA had barely started out. It didn't last too long but yeah, that was a very strange thing to see on their site for a while.

Joey Styles seems a hell of a lot happier since being put in charge of WWE.com rather than being on TV anyway.