Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

It was silly to bring up Whyte stunning Joshua but all his points about Klitchko were true. Fury did beat him comprehensively, in Germany with a point deducted unnecessarily. The Eubank fight is a joke like Warren says. Although he is a charlatan, i always find his interveiws a good watch and agreeing on most of what he says.

• Paid Members

Fuck me, Father Time finally caught up with Bernard Hopkins last night. Knocked clean through the ropes and counted out, B-Hop got smashed. Joe Smith was probably carefully selected as someone Hopkins thought his tricks and gamesmanship would work against. There were flashes of it, but Hopkins simply didn't have the firepower to stop Smith coming forward. Joe Smith actually seemed to get stronger around the middle rounds and got more aggressive too. Shame to see Hopkins go out like that, but at 51 you gotta know the risks involved. Hopkins attempts to claim he was pushed out of the ring because Smith was tiring were quite admirable though, crafty pld bastard.

The HBO team were doing their damndest to make out that what Hopkins was doing was amazing at 51, but it was apparent that it was a fight too far quite early on. Roy Jones continues to baffle though, he actually said that Joe Smith looked fatigued after about 2 minutes of round 1, what the hell was he watching?

Really like Joe Smith Jr. though, not a lot of character about him and seems almost embarrased at having the spotlight on him, but i like his style, a basic, come forward banger.

Why didn't i lump my money on Joe Smith? He was upto a 5/1 underdog going in, crazy.

• Paid Members

Shots fired on IFL...

Chris Eubank Jr did his first lengthy interview yesterday and discussed several topics and gave his side of the story on a few subjects including having a pop at ol' Fish Eyes.

Warren responds...

• Paid Members

Eubank had a very calculated answer for everything, but him admitting that he doesn't attend fight meetings summed up the root of the problem. Both Eubank and Hearn say that it's Sr. who's the problem with the whole situation and Eubank Jr. inadvertantly admitted it. Fair play to Kuggan to grilling him though.

IFL have an interview with Sr. in the can too, they are dropping it on Xmas Day, i'll be viewing that with some munch.

Eubank had a very calculated answer for everything, but him admitting that he doesn't attend fight meetings summed up the root of the problem. Both Eubank and Hearn say that it's Sr. who's the problem with the whole situation and Eubank Jr. inadvertantly admitted it. Fair play to Kuggan to grilling him though.

IFL have an interview with Sr. in the can too, they are dropping it on Xmas Day, i'll be viewing that with some munch.

Yep.  

I've always liked Eubank Sr. For all his faults, he's a likeable scamp. Even when he forced Steve Collins into a meltdown on the Glove Are Off: I couldn't help but egg him on. However, despite all the claims to contrary, it's clear that he's a detriment to his son's career. He's clearly good at opening the doors for his son - as the ITV deal demonstrates - but he's even better at closing them. I do think he's more or less Eubank Jr's mouthpiece. Sr drip feeds him selective information, then Eubank Jr regurgitates it all verbatim in interviews. The bolded bit pretty much confirms that. 

"You're being conned" will be ringing through my ears throughout the Xmas period. 

I couldn't find the betting thread and I don't know anything about horse racing but for anyone interested it might be worth sticking a quid on Gray Wolf River at Kempton tomorrow as it's 500-1 (down from 1000-1) and it's only a 5 horse race..

Edited by icke83

Eubank Sr. has stated that the PPV will be £20. What the fuck!?

Jesus wept. Why are ITV agreeing to this?

I want them to do well. It helps Boxing to have a presence on one of the main TV networks. But unless ITV have something else up their sleeves for this card - which seems unlikely - this is going to be one of the biggest flops going. 

The Eubanks are a pair of clowns. I've always liked senior but this is showing him and the boy up for the clueless clowns they are. It's saying something when Frank Warren is the Babyface in a boxing dispute. I think they think their self worth is alot higher than what it actually is. The only route i can see them going is when they get this belt is for SM showdowns with Degale, Groves or Murray. I magine Jnr would beat Murray but lose to Degale and Groves. Dont think he'd go near Big Calumn.