Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I looked into going to the fight saturday and there didnt seem many tickets left so i dont believe that its because of low ticket sales.

With the event still going ahead does that mean nobody can get any refunds?

• Paid Members

Only if you go. If you don’t and say you only bought tickets based on Chisora v Fury then you’d be on better ground for a refund. But if you know they’ve announced it’s not happening, you still go along and then demand a refund, they might just tell you to do one as the card change was announced and you still choose to go to the event, so the contract of sale was still valid.

• Paid Members

looks like Fury's fighting Alexander Ustinov, 6ft 7" last defeated an ancient David Tua, only has one loss on his record. He was also the guy Chisora was sparring with when he knackered his hand.

His only loss was to Pulev who is fighting Klitschko next. A completely different fight to what it would have been like for Fury against Chisora, good preparation though for a possible fight down the line against Klitschko. I can't remember Fury ever fighting someone as tall, I've always felt like he would fight better against someone who is of a similar size instead of guys who are smaller that he has to punch down at and also the fact that the smaller guys can generate more power when swinging and punching upwards. Should be good fun.

• Paid Members

i give credit to Fury, his team and Frank Warren for finding a better opponent than they probably needed too. If they plan on putting the Chisora fight back on in September they could have been better served to put any bum in with Fury and have it work purely as a warm up. Now, i may be completely off-base and Ustinov may come in horrible shape and be in purely to pick up a cheque, but we won't know until the night.

on paper though...

• Paid Members

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=009ioQCzm8A

there's the Fury-Ustinov weigh-in, probably the happiest ive ever seen 2 heavyweights who are about to batter each other. Im encouraged by the shape Ustinov is in though, for a 20 stone bloke he looks in decent shape, he's not cut up or anything but he looks a solid unit, same size as Tyson, but wider.

Considering how shit the week began with regards to this show im really looking forward to it now.

• Paid Members

Jesus Fucking Christ!

It really seems like Fury is destined to never fight again the way things are going. He'll probably be struck by lightning on his way to the weigh in next time. Or his opponent will be kidnapped by aliens or something. I can't stand the big twat but how much bad luck can the fucker have?

• Paid Members

well fuck me, you couldn't write it could you.

ive tweeted Frank Warren to get tonights card on freeview, im staying and was looking forward to the fights :( i aint paying for whats left though. Follow me and retweet that shit @ebbforpope haha.

• Paid Members

yes.

still, doesn't stop a few consipiracy theories going around, one being that Tyson simply pulled out due to seeing that Ustinov was in such great shape, Fury made reference in the press that he believed the fact that Ustinov coming in was no fluke and he reckoned that the plan was always to have Ustinov step in last minute to knock Fury out of the world title picture.