Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Showtime are putting on a good card this weekend. Danny Garcia faces off against Mauricio Herrera in the main event. Herrera is a good fighter but not on Garcia's level and its more of an exhibition bout for the Puerto Ricans.

Deontay Wilder is against Malik Scott on the undercard which should have some heavy fireworks. JuanMa Lopez is back again on the comeback trail against Daniel Ponce De Leon. Lopez beat him within the opening round 6 years ago.

Fights this weekend include;

Danny Garcia (27-0) vs Mauricio Herrera (20-3) (WBA/WBC light welterweight titles)

Deontay Wilder (30-0) vs Malik Scott (36-1-1)

Juan Manuel Lopez (33-3) vs Daniel Ponce de Leon (45-5)

Tomasz Adamek (49-2) vs Vyacheslav Glazkov (16-0-1)

Tony Bellew (20-2-1) vs Valery Brudov (41-4)

Rocky Fielding (17-0) vs Charles Adamu (21-5)

Kell Brook (31-0) vs Alvaro Robles (17-2)

Kevin Mitchell (36-2) vs Mikheil Avakyan (21-11-4)

And from Poland we have;

Andrzej Wawrzyk (28-1) vs Francois Botha (48-10-3)

I didn't even know Botha was still fighting! 45 years old, 62 fights over a 24 year career! He's on a five fight losing streak though, so time could be just about up for the white buffalo!

If it was a fix, you would have thought they would have made it more convincing than Scott never throwing a punch in the fight. Whenever I go on East Side Boxing its full of mentals who jump from opinion to opinion per each fight. If you win, you're great, if you lose, you're a has-been & if you get a lucky win, you're a hype job. At the moment there are 10 threads on Danny Garcia being a hype-job because he got a lucky win against Mauricio Herrera. When Matthysse beat Peterson they were crying out for him to face Mayweather. Then when Garcia beat Matthysse, he's now a hype-job.

I thought Herrera did well and bossed the fight but how do you score 3 pillow punches against 1 power punch. Garcia had the majority of power shots whilst Herrera had more jabs. Ponce De Leon vs. JuanMa Lopez was cracking for 6 minutes. The stoppage was probably too quick and should have let them go a little longer.

The Maxinutrition Knockout on 5 had a cracking British title fight on Saturday, with Bob Ajisafe edging 40 year old Dean Francis in a great back and forth fight. Francis was in trouble often but was firing back and landing some tremendous right hands. The other semi-final fight was Tony Hill and Leon Senior, in a fight cut short by an accidental headbutt causing a cut on Senior's head. Hill goes through as a result.

Quite a decent little tourney Hennessy's put together, Danny Mcinstosh and Travis Dickinson for the English light heavy title, and Matty Clarkson and Lee Duncan in an eliminator for the same title are the next semi-finals on the Galahad undercard next weekend.

• Paid Members

of all the quality boxing on last weekend, the only thing i actually saw was the Francis-Ajisafe fight on Channel 5 (had the others spoiled for me) was a cracking lil domestic dust up, hopefully they pulled in a decent amount of viewers.

Theres live boxing from Merthyr Tydfil this Friday on Eurosport, heavy Welsh bill, get on it.

A poll on East Side Boxing had over 75% thinking that Wilder's fight last night was a fix. People are saying you can tell it is a fix as Scott winks at Wilder before the stoppage. Here is the video, judge for yourself.

It does look like he winks, but it may have just been involuntary.

• Paid Members

its a very weak shot to put someone out like that though, the left was ok but the right came off the gloves. I dont like to cry fix but it does feel a little fishy. I think fix is the wrong word sometimes though, dive is more like it.

• Paid Members

bit of a shameless plug but fuck it, this is tomorrow night live from Merthyr (i mentioned it a few posts up):

1891101_1402837473317797_1929196201_n.jpg

i can't make it over but the show is live on Eurosport from 8pm if you aint busy tomorrow night, decent Welsh title fight (Kerry Hope will be fighting Chris Eubank Jr. in 3 weeks if he comes out unscathed), and on the undercard is the return of Robbie Turley, young kid who was tipped for some success a few years back, had a good showing in Prizefighter and gave Carl Frampton his toughest pro fight to date, he failed a brain scan but has been cleared to fight again. His brother's a friend of mine so im happy to see him back.

Get on it.

Been a good week for Heavyweights making tits out of themselves

Firstly Shannon Briggs goes mental at Wladimir Klitschko, and lobs a shoe at him

Then, Tyson Fury throws a table over at a press conference hyping his fight with Del Boy

Edited by jimufctna24