Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

I very much doubt it now. Hatton's announced his retirement again and from the way he's talking I think it's for good this time.

There's always the chance if the right price is thrown at them and with both coming off losses but there's no point anymore if Hatton has accepted it's over. Plus Khan is fighting next month and if he wins a Hatton fight is even less likely.

Basically the ship has sailed on Hatton vs Khan.

• Paid Members

I think whoevers promoting Flintoff's fight are overestimating his popularity...plus asking for folks to fork out for a 4 rounder is a bit much...on tv it aint so bad cause you got the David Price-Matt Skelton fight tagged on, but thats in a different city.

• Paid Members

ahh be careful with that, ive set boxing to record when it's called 'World Title Boxing', then later in the week they'll change it to something more specific like 'Freddie Flintoff's debut' when it does that the original recording you set will disappear. I always set the stuff to record earlier in the day it's on if i can.

Quick reminder too, the Tyson Fury/Kevin Johnson fight is on Saturday night on 5 at 9pm.

I very much doubt it now. Hatton's announced his retirement again and from the way he's talking I think it's for good this time.

There's always the chance if the right price is thrown at them and with both coming off losses but there's no point anymore if Hatton has accepted it's over. Plus Khan is fighting next month and if he wins a Hatton fight is even less likely.

Basically the ship has sailed on Hatton vs Khan.

For some reason I was reminded of watching Wanderlei fight when I watched the Hatton bout at the weekend. It was at the stage where you just prayed he didn't get clipped, and that he could somehow recover a shred of the form he had in his prime.

I'm glad he's called it a day.

• Paid Members

Exactly the feeling I had Dave.

I was trying to be optimistic going in but everything I was hearing from Hatton just didn't sit right for some reason. He wasn't talking like someone fired up and wanting to prove a point. I still hoped for the best and on the night he came out looking quite good early on I thought but as the rounds went on I had a sinking feeling that my initial bad feeling on the fight was right and I was just waiting for it to go tits up.

Sad to see but the way it played out he can probably live with that easier, knowing he's done. Rather than getting blitzed in 2 rounds by Pacquiao. I think the comeback was worth it just to eliminate the 'what if?' questions he'd have probably been asking himself in 10 years time. At least this way he knows he did everything he could.

It's the same with Wand. Every fight is a bonus and I still love watching him fight but I'd really rather he just stop at this point. He might get the odd feelgood win here and there but they're not worth the 2 losses or KO's he gets before and after the lone win.

Chasing a career resurgence that will never come has been a slippery slope into brain damage for too many fighters over the years. It never ends well.

• Paid Members
Amir Khan is profiled tonight in the Sports Life Stories series on ITV4.

That should be good. I've enjoyed these Life Stories shows. The McGuigan one was great as well.

Check this out, 1995 Sky ad promoting Chris Eubank vs Steve Collins...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD6WTzLI048

I love that.

Edited by wandshogun09