Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

anyone catch the Kessler-Green fight? wild little 4-rounder, Allan Green got KTFO!

Didn't watch the fight but saw the KO. KTFO is right.One of the nastiest KO's I've ever seen was Sergio Martinez on Paul Williams in their second fight. Fucking brutal. Williams was well and truly KTFO. Edited by The Natural

• Paid Members

Yeah David Price looks legit. Really strong performance and showed a lot of patience to not blow his wad when he had Sexton hurt. I wish he would have got the chance to twat Fury. Fury knows the score though, he wants none of Price.

I love Kessler. Always some excitement when he's in there and a vicious KO. I still wanna see a Kessler vs Froch rematch at some point. The first one was great.

Froch vs Bute this Saturday. Should be a belter.

Yeah David Price looks legit. Really strong performance and showed a lot of patience to not blow his wad when he had Sexton hurt. I wish he would have got the chance to twat Fury. Fury knows the score though, he wants none of Price.

I love Kessler. Always some excitement when he's in there and a vicious KO. I still wanna see a Kessler vs Froch rematch at some point. The first one was great.

Froch vs Bute this Saturday. Should be a belter.

Thought Price's jabs looked more impressive than a lot of boxers right hooks! Impressive stuff, Can't wait to see how his career pans out. It was only a few months ago he took out Tom Dallas in what some thought was a bit of a 50/50 bout. How different is the direction of both fighters careers now?

• Paid Members

Lil heads up...Sky are doing a bang on job promoting Saturday's Froch/Bute fight, there's some kind of buildup-hype show on every night this week, good on em!

• Paid Members

i don't know but that's a fight that i really wanna see. The UK heavyweight scene now has two leading prospects, both guys are knocking out everyone and both are getting very popular, the UK fans deserve the fight.

Can anyone think of a more blatent case of ducking than Tyson Fury with David Price in recent memory?

No, but you can't blame him. Fury is gunning for a title shot against either Klitschko brother. He won't win of course, but he'll make some decent cash in the process.

A fight with Price scuppers that, as he'll struggle to last five frames with the guy.

• Paid Members
Amir Khan is going to fight Danny Garcia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/boxing/18171108

That should be good!

Yeah that's a good fight, I expect Khan will probably be able to stop him but it should be an exciting fight. There's talk that David Price will be on the undercard for this aswell.

Can anyone think of a more blatent case of ducking than Tyson Fury with David Price in recent memory?

No, but you can't blame him. Fury is gunning for a title shot against either Klitschko brother. He won't win of course, but he'll make some decent cash in the process.

A fight with Price scuppers that, as he'll struggle to last five frames with the guy.

Fury & his gypsy mates are a joke! Is there any of the UKFFers out there who give anyone a chance against Price, On the domestic scene?

• Paid Members

Froch V Bute tonight how you guys seeing it going?

Bute is a bit of a weird one. His record is good but as he been tested?

Froch needs a win and is finally back on home turf after some tough tough fights.

Where is your money!

Fury & his gypsy mates are a joke! Is there any of the UKFFers out there who give anyone a chance against Price, On the domestic scene?

Fury may be a joke, but he's working smart with the limited ability he has. As for Price, there's no one on the dometic scene who can beat him, and I include Hay & Chisora in that.

• Awards Moderator

Completely agreed on Price.

With regards to tonight, I can see it being a close one which will probably go down to a decision. I think Froch will do it but it'll be a good scrap as I think Bute, tested before or not, has the ability to land some good digs. I had a few quid in my online account so at 50/1, I've just stuck a fiver on Froch in the tenth.

• Paid Members

I fancy Froch on points. IFroch has been fighting tougher opposition than Bute has and I think that will help him. Hes been in with the best one after another and knows what it takes to survive the wars at that level. Butes dangerous though and if it turns into a give and take slugfest like Froch has been known to get into, then he could give Froch problems .

Can't wait I can see this being a war.