Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Haye vs Chisora is on for July 14th at Upton Park. Fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation because neither hold a British boxing license. From Warren's comments it looks like its going to be shown on BoxNation.

The Luxembourg Boxing Federation? Can they do that if the fight is taking place on British soil?

Haye vs Chisora is on for July 14th at Upton Park. Fight sanctioned by the Luxembourg Boxing Federation because neither hold a British boxing license. From Warren's comments it looks like its going to be shown on BoxNation.

The Luxembourg Boxing Federation? Can they do that if the fight is taking place on British soil?
You wouldn't think so would you ? but it seems they can.Hope with fingers crossed that Froch/Bute still takes place.

• Paid Members

A bad day for british boxing news and no mistake. Froch/Bute possibly off, Kahn/Peterson probably off, and Haye/Chisora on. We have seen the best punches either of those 2 are likely to throw at each other already. It will be like a freak show

As a very casual boxing fan ill definitely be watching the Haye-Chisora fight, it actually holds some excitement and what seems like genuine resentment for a change, the back drop of an old english football stadium should give it cracking visuals too.Can anybody tell me though, as it seems British boxers dont need British licences to fight on British soil, would either men be allowed to compete for any organisations belts? If so, what is the point of boxing federations in the first place?

I find it astonishing that they can simply choose to fight in Britain without British fighters licenses. Saying that, it'll get national television coverage, and both guys along with Frank Warren will make a decent bit of money, which is all that really matters.

Will be travelling down London for Haye vs Chisora, I really cannot wait.Povetkin vs Rahman on the undercard as well as Ricky Burns vs Kevin Mitchall apperently.I hope Froch and Knan's fights are on, otherwise that is SKY's boxing schedule fucked.

• Paid Members

As far as I knew, you don't need any form of license for a boxing. Unlicensed boxing is legal (as long as you have gloves), which is how you have those white collar shows or celebrity boxing.

As far as I knew, you don't need any form of license for a boxing. Unlicensed boxing is legal (as long as you have gloves), which is how you have those white collar shows or celebrity boxing.

Then what's the point in both fighters having their licences revoked as a punishment for their brawl?

• Paid Members

Presumably the idea was that major venues, TV stations and big-time promoters would say "Promote a big match without BBFC sanctioning? Nah, that would be really sleazy." An idea that doesn't work with Frank Warren.Theoretically it would also mean winning the match has no impact on either man's claim to a shot at the British title, though I doubt that's a major concern.

It's all a bit mental. Comparing it to the UFC, for example, if a fighter is banned or has his licence taken away in one state, they refuse to promote them in any state until the original issue is resolved.Basically, that fighter won't be fighting in any US state that is regulated.

• Paid Members

Yep, but that's government regulation. British boxing is more like football: the FA is "in charge", but it's perfectly legal to have a game and charge admission without their involvement.Ideally you'd expect all the alphabet brigade to now say they'll never sanction either guy for a title match, but it's not like that's really an issue for them any time soon, and it's not like having a title on the line makes any serious difference business wise.

Surely a good win for Haye will promt talk of a fight with a Klitschko brothers though?

Povetkin's promoter, Vlad Hrunov has said whoever wins between Haye & Chisora will get a shot at Povetkin's WBA title.

Just seen the bit of footage of Haye and Chisora hilariously standing either dude of a fence panel. "look how much we hate eachother, they had to put a fence panel that we got from b&q and must have been all of 8 feet wide between us. Otherwise there would have been a real shitstorm go down cos we hate eachother so much"Fucking pathetic the pair of them

• Paid Members

Fucking Peterson. I was really looking forward to the rematch. The first fight was one of the better fights last year and this rematch was the perfect way to put all the controversy to bed. Now this drug failure has just created more.I can't wait for Haye vs Chisora. That carry on with the bottle was embarrassing but lets face it, the week of the fight we'll all be glued to it. This will be the biggest domestic fight of 2012 from a hype and publicity standpoint. And I think it will be a good fight as well. Chisora's not gonna dance about like Audley did and despite making a complete tit of himself pre and post fight vs Vitali, he fought really well in the actual fight. Haye's gonna have his hands full and if he wants a fight with one of the Klitschko's down the line he'll be out to win in impressive fashion. Let's hope his toe is better ;) Since they like throwing glass about, maybe Warren should have them dip their gloves in glass Tong Po style.

Edited by wandshogun09