Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Primetime are pleased to announce an exciting schedule of classic Mayweather fights all week as we build up towards the Star Power pay-per-view. These exciting fights are available Saturday 17/09/2011

11.00PM : Anthony Crolla vs Juan Montiel

00.00AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 1

00.30AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 2

01.00AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 3

01:30AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 4

Are these all on free to view?

Saturday 17/09/2011

11.00PM : Anthony Crolla vs Juan Montiel

00.00AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 1

00.30AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 2

01.00AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 3

01:30AM : 24/7 Mayweather/Ortiz Episode 4

Should help with the build-up to Mayweather/Ortiz. I'm looking foward to it.

what time do you think its likely that the Mayweather fight will be on? 5?

Standard rule of thumb for US PPV's is between 4.45 and 5.00. Only chance of it starting any earlier are all the undercard fights ending in early KO's, which happened on the Mosley v Mora PPV this weekend last year when the main event was just after 4.

• Paid Members
Are these all on free to view?

Yeah it's all free to view by my Sky listings right up till 2am when the main show starts

Yesterday was 30th anniversary of the first Hearns/Leonard fight.

That was an all time classic. Watched it again not long ago, it's like a fucking Rocky fight with all the twists and turns and the dramatic finish.

Watched Leonard vs Duran 1 and 2 today. 1 was even better than I remembered it being. Fantastic fight, much closer than I recalled aswell. I think there's a bit of a misconception about this fight that Duran schooled Leonard but it was razor close by the final bell.

2 was not so good obviously, the famous 'no mas' fight but one of the most talked about fights in Boxing history. First time I'd watched the whole thing. Strange fight.

Edited by wandshogun09

After 24/7 and having just watched the weigh in, I am really looking forward to this.

The shows have been effective, I honestly think Ortiz has a chance tonight, the promotion for this from both men has been nothing short of top notch. I got Floyd winning on points, but I cant dismiss age catching up to him and a new star being born tonight.

• Paid Members

!

fuck that's got me pumped. So tempted to purchase the PPV now. I hate Mayweather's camp, they truly define the cliche of the boxers entourage, full of posers, hangers on and stingy fuckers.

I'd love to see Ortiz pull this off.

• Paid Members

another fine dust up from Tyson Fury.

Fury again looked like he made it difficult for himself but who cares? the guy is f'n fun to watch. Firtha to his credit came in to fight and wasn't gonna go away easily. Tyson got f'n lamped in that 3rd round too, guys got a chin.

I wasn't too happy with the ref. stoppage, Firtha was getting a bit of a beating but he didn't look hurt. Ref. probably prevented the inevitable KO but he spoilt my fun :(

Channel 5 have to be so happy with what Tyson's given them, 2 fights in now and two heavyweight brawls. They aint purist classics but they are the kinda fights that will draw fans in, people love slugfests.

• Paid Members

Fury vs Firtha was all kinds of fun. Agree with Ebb the stoppage might have been a tad early but chances are it just saved Firtha more of a beating. He had his moment in the 3rd i don't think he had much left to offer.

Still can't stand Fury but it can't be denied his fights are usually entertaining even if not the most technical. I don't see him doing that well against higher level opponents but his fights are worth tuning in for.

Five's coverage was top notch again. I hope this becomes a regular thing now.

• Paid Members

Mayweather vs Ortiz. Fuck me what a bizarre fight.

Floyd looked excellent the short time it lasted. Hard to believe how long he's been out of the ring he looked on point. The ending was nuts.

To be honest the blame lies with all 3 of 'em imo. Ortiz was a dirty fucker with the headbutt and he was partly to blame for the ending for not protecting himself. Floyd pulled a dick move and Cortez was fucking incompetent. Fully agreed with Buncey's criticism of Cortez.

It didn't make much difference to the outcome imo, I doubt Ortiz would have had much for Floyd, he seemed mentally gone anyway by that point if he was resorting to blatant headbutts.

"If I was 50 years younger I'd kick your ass" Larry Merchant is a fucking legend :laugh: