Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

SBO coverage starts at 8pm. I'd assume the actual fight would be around 10ish?

In other news it's looking like Cotto vs Margarito 2 is pretty much on for Dec 3rd at MSG.

Hope Cotto beats him this time.

• Paid Members

dunno if anyone's seen in it in the shops, but there's a Haye vs. Klitchsko magazine out (by Boxing News). Picked it up in WHSmith today, well worth a fiver. Basically a really good fight programme, but it's something i'd definately recommend to read in the build up to next week :)

dunno if anyone's seen in it in the shops, but there's a Haye vs. Klitchsko magazine out (by Boxing News). Picked it up in WHSmith today, well worth a fiver. Basically a really good fight programme, but it's something i'd definately recommend to read in the build up to next week :)

I'll have a look for that Ebb, cheers.

I just hope it's not the usual pro-Haye shite i've been reading of late...

• Paid Members

I really can't wait for the fight, this week can't go quick enough! Haye getting knocked out would be the most satisfying moment in boxing for me since Lewis beat Tyson.

• Paid Members

Eubank, what a guy.

Anyone see the Sturm/Macklin fight over the weekend? its a shame that the casual British sports fan would probably struggle to name five active UK boxers, Macklin probably wouldn't be one of them and it sucks, this fight just came and went without anyone other than the hardcore fight fans taking any notice. Some of these guys deserve so much more mainstream support and credit than they get. Macklin's performance was a one of the best of the year, he lost but that was all guts and heart in there. Macklin dug deep and gave Sturm one hell of a fight. Lots of people had Macklin actually winning but i never thought he'd take such a close decision in Germany. Cracking tear-up!

I watched it, thought it was a great fight. I thought Macklin probably done enough to win it. Sturm has said he will give him a rematch, whether it materialises or not is a different matter. Personally i think that was as good as Macklin can go, i think if they did fight again Sturm would beat him. Macklin does seem a real nice chap though.

I thought Kell Brook looked quite good agains Ndou, got clocked a few times uneccessarily but took them quite well. Brook needs to move on to better competition now, he's 25 and the commentators have been saying he needs to step for a good 18 months now. Now he's with Matchroom hopefully he will. Him and Khan have been tweeting, when Khan moves up a weight it would be great to see them fight.

• Paid Members

Brook looked good against N'dou, that was probably as close to getting stopped as he has ever got. Brook hit him with some cracking shots. If the Sturm/Macklin fight was anywhere bu Germany then Macklin would have won I think. There is talk of Sturm vs Martinez, if Sturm wants to win that had better be in Germany as well.

Eubank's lad is turning Pro soon by all accounts. That will be fun. I heard an interview with Eubank in which he said his lad had been trained by Maximo Perez, Herol Graham, and Mike McCallum and that he was off to Cuba to train with their amatuers for a bit before turning pro.

In the same interview Eubank said he was 100% sure that Haye would win

Sturm has said he will give him a rematch, whether it materialises or not is a different matter.

A fight outside Germany on neutral ground would be nice, as the amount of rounds both those judges gave Sturm was a disgrace.

Everything is building up nicely now for the big weekend of fights!

Eubank, what a guy.

Anyone see the Sturm/Macklin fight over the weekend? its a shame that the casual British sports fan would probably struggle to name five active UK boxers, Macklin probably wouldn't be one of them and it sucks, this fight just came and went without anyone other than the hardcore fight fans taking any notice. Some of these guys deserve so much more mainstream support and credit than they get. Macklin's performance was a one of the best of the year, he lost but that was all guts and heart in there. Macklin dug deep and gave Sturm one hell of a fight. Lots of people had Macklin actually winning but i never thought he'd take such a close decision in Germany. Cracking tear-up!

I totally agree with you here, on last weeks ringside they gave a small amount of time for both kell brook and matthew macklins fights 10mins between the pair i think, i thought was a disgrace. Yeah they have to hype the Haye fight but come on a british fighter fighting for a world title deserves at least half the show and not a combined 10 minute feature with kell brook (no disrespect to kell brook!!!).

I havent seen kell brooks fight yet but me mate said he was fantastic. For me the Macklin fight was fantastic a MOTYC easy as for the winner very tough i had flex strum by a round but it was so close if i watched the fight again i would have scored it differently. I think it was the rounds 4,5,6,7 which could have gone to either fighter, as i say a tough fight to score, but a fantastic one nevertheless !!

• Paid Members

I bought the Haye V Klit special from Boxing news a couple months back and it's very good. For a fiver it's a great buy and it's a great addition to the recent specials from BN like 100 years of Boxing news and Boxing news 2011 annual. It's made to almost the same high quality standards which they are also. They evaluate from both sides, with opinions and predictions from almost everyone possible, the best part in my opinion, are the retrospective comparisons with key fights from the past.

I'd also like to remind everyone that the new issue of Boxing Monthly is out tomorrow, this is my favourite publication.

I would also like to let everyone know that Skybet are doing a very good promotion which they bill as "Watch the Haye V Klitschko fight for free". Well, almost. First, you must purchase the fight, then register an account with Skybet, then you must place a