Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Disgraceful by Castillo! All week he's been saying that weight would not be an issue and he's been having checks all week. On top of that they were meant to be penalties in place by HBO is he didn't make it - which I guess will be enforced now.Was really looking forward to the fight as well :angry:

Corrales was right not to fight at a higher weight, and I think Castillo will struggle to get a fight with him again. I think Castillo assumed that Coralles would fight no matter what weight he was, so he could turn up heavier and win.

Valuev has his first defence of the WBA title tonight, wonder if he will be any good? Ruiz was not a particuarly good fighter and Valuev will have to improve if he comes against a half decent oponent, but he will probably beat the job boy tonight. However I think someone like Klitschko would beat him.

Valuev has his first defence of the WBA title tonight, wonder if he will be any good? Ruiz was not a particuarly good fighter and Valuev will have to improve if he comes against a half decent oponent, but he will probably beat the job boy tonight. However I think someone like Klitschko would beat him.

Valuev should walk Owen Beck tonight, though I'm pulling for Beck. I agree that Wlad Klitschko would beat him, I could also see him losing to Lamon Brewster or maybe even James Toney.

Why? There was no coverage of the fight. If there was then I would. If you have to download a fight to see it then it's not a spoiler.

The fight is being shown on Sky Sports on Wednesday night :/

Ruiz's problem isn't that he "wasn't particularly good", it's that a decent big 'un will beat a good little 'un nine times out of ten. I thought Ruiz was robbed anyways.

I don't care if he was robbed, Ruiz is the dullest fighter I have ever seen. His matches dull as fuck and you always knew that the chance of a knockout were non existant. A title as prestigious as the WBA title needs an exciting fighter.