Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

anyone know if Rahman/Toney is on tv tonight or tomorrow???

According to a boxing forum, it's not being shown on British tv at all. I was going to stick money on Toney to win, but the odds are awful so I decided not to bother.

Thats what all these alpabet titles are doing to boxing, 4 different guys (more if you count the tin pot organisations) being able to call themselves world champion has left the title with no importance. People just won't care about the heavyweight division until it gets some kind of focus.

It ended in a majority decision draw, with 2 judges scoring it even and one putting Rahman way ahead.

How does that work? Surely if its a split decision and one judge gave it to Rahman while the others scored it a draw- it would go to Rahman wouldn't it?

I cannot believe 1 judge had such a different result to the others. They'll have a rematch, Rahman will likely win on a split decision. But so far Rahman has haeld the WBC title twice, defended the title twice and has not won a defence. To light the division again they should do Brewster or Byrd Vs Rahman so they can get some unification. Valuev will unlikely take a difficult opponent til he has to face his mandatory challenger.

I am currently reading Michael Watson's autobiography and like most autobiographies you take most things with a pinch of salt. His two fights with Eubank, he seems to think he won the first easily and was dominating the secondd until round 10. He scores it as 9 rounds to him I think.Was Watson robbed or is he just bitter and big-headed?

I am currently reading Michael Watson's autobiography and like most autobiographies you take most things with a pinch of salt. His two fights with Eubank, he seems to think he won the first easily and was dominating the secondd until round 10. He scores it as 9 rounds to him I think.Was Watson robbed or is he just bitter and big-headed?

The first one was contraversial. Watson was the people's champion, Eubank was hated by the british public due to holding the title that was rightfully Watson's. Eubank was hated more than any heel in wrestling and Watson was loved. Watson did then dominate the second fight, but a good shot from Eubank knocked Watson down, Watson hit is head on the rope and was finished. Eubank won the second fight in fair but unfortunate circumstances.

Watson was ahead on all 3 refs cards, and was all set to win, but was unfortunately beaten into a coma in the twelth. I've seen the first fight between them too and I thought Watson won it, personally.