Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

On 9/17/2018 at 10:20 PM, wandshogun09 said:

Yeah, it doesn't surprise me one bit. He's a complete shitbag. And how utterly pigshit thick do you have to be to film it and post it online? 

I know it's not going to happen but I'd honestly love it if this somehow blows up and ruins this prick's career. I usually wouldn't wish someone bad like that but there's genuinely something really horrible and nasty about this cretin and it would really please me no end if this was the start of something that escalates and he ends up never getting those really big paydays. 

But of course that won't happen. As shit as his behaviour is it's not enough to where he'll lose his career obviously. But the way he's going it seems like he really thinks he's untouchable. Wouldn't surprise me if he ballses his career up with increasingly cunty behaviour outside the ring before too long. It's sad but I don't even really expect that much backlash to this because 1) it's boxing and boxing forgives the worst of scumminess and 2) the woman has drug problems so probably won't get much sympathy. 

Can't stand the cunt. If he disappeared down a well and never boxed again, hand on heart I wouldn't miss him or be a bit sad. It's at the point now where I don't even want to see a Canelo or Golovkin wreck him because I don't want him to get the payday that would come with a beating like that. And I don't find his 'banter' entertaining in the slightest. He's just a horrible, horrible twat.

Don't sit on the fence! Do you like BJS, Yes or No? :D

How do people see tomorrows boxing going?

Call me silly but i fancy Price to score the upset a decent KO in under 4.

I really want to see a Joshua KO, he’s due a powerful performance and i think this could be it, AJ in under 6. Hopefully a slobberknocker!

I fancy an Okolie KO. 

Campbell to have a razor thin contreversial points win.

• Paid Members

Ive gone Povetkin, Okolie KO, Price and Campbell on my betslip. ÂŁ10 returns a grand. It was ÂŁ10 id forgotten about in my account after the world cup so i just stuck it down.

Joshua probably comes through but i think its a real tough fight, im looking forward to it.

Who knows with Price. Hes taken it on 10 days notice which isnt good and the he a sizeable underdog so the Kuzmin guy must have something about him other than a good looking record. Who knows with Price though, he always has a chance.

• Paid Members

Joshua vs Povetkin then. It's tomorrow you know. 

fDHoFi.jpg

How does everyone see the fight playing out? Does AJ become the first man to stop Povetkin? Does Povetkin score the upset? Are any of you lot going to Wembley? 

I'm not expecting anywhere near the fight quality of last weekend's fantastic Canelo vs GGG 2 card, but what this is going to be is another massive event. Anytime Joshua fights now it's a big occasion and, as much as I expect him to win, I honestly think Povetkin is a live underdog and possibly AJ's toughest fight since Klitschko. Povetkin is 39 now so no spring chicken but he's 34-1 with the only loss being a decision to Klitschko 5 years ago in an ugly fight. He's never been stopped, although big David Price had him wobbled in Povetkin's last fight in March. But of course, Povetkin recovered and flattened him a couple of rounds later. 

BbD9hJ.jpg

But as well as being 11 years younger, Joshua is the much bigger man. He weighed in at 17st 8lbs 5oz today. Povetkin clocked in at 15st 12lbs. So AJ's not far off two stone heavier. Plus a good bit taller.

It's a mammoth task for Povetkin this. But it's heavyweight boxing, you can never say never. Povetkin can still whack and if there's even a hint that AJ is overlooking this fight with an eye on his next Wembley date in April vs Wilder or Whyte or whoever, this could absolutely be a banana skin. I don't think he'll look past Povetkin, but with Wembley already booked for April and all the talk and back and forth over the last few months about the Wilder situation, then Fury getting thrown in, the ducking accusations etc, there's a chance that even subconsciously he's taken his eye off the ball slightly. 

Looking forward to it. Undercard isn't amazing in comparison to some of the cards we've had this year like Whyte vs Parker and Canelo vs Golovkin but it should be a good show all in all. 

Full card; 

Anthony Joshua vs Alexander Povetkin - 12 Rounds. IBF, WBA Super, WBO & IBO World Heavyweight Championship 

Luke Campbell vs Yvan Mendy 2 - 12 Rounds. WBC Lightweight Title Final Eliminator

Matty Askin vs Lawrence Okolie - 12 Rounds. British Cruiserweight Title

Sergey Kuzmin vs David Price - 10 Rounds. WBA Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship 

Shakhram Giyasov vs Julio Laguna - 8 Rounds. Welterweight Contest

Dana Zaxo vs Tony Bilic - 4 Rounds. Light Heavyweight Contest 

Chris Kongo vs Petar Alexandrov - 4 Rounds. Welterweight Contest 

I'm into the top four fights there. Campbell vs Mendy 2 and Askin vs Okolie should be good. Then you've got Kuzmin vs Price which I might watch through my fingers from behind he sofa but it'll probably be anything but dull. Price probably gets ironed out again which would be a shame. Hopefully he pulls off a win but this fight all came together pretty quickly and Kuzmin might be good. He stopped Joe Joyce in a round in the amateurs so he's no joke. I really like Price but my confidence is shot with the big lump now. Hearn was also hyping up Shakhram Giyasov the other day as "arguably the best young prospect in world boxing at the moment". Obviously, promoters say shit like that but that line is enough to have me keeping an eye on that fight too. Anyone seen Giyasov yet? 

Who you got then? AJ or AP? 

:D Great minds. I started typing this then went for a cack. Didn't see your posts there.

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

I'd love to see Pricey pull it off. Always get a bad feeling when I see him walking out now though. It's getting like the feeling I used to get watching Enzo Maccarinelli get in there. 

For what it's worth, Dereck Chisora is speaking highly of Kuzmin as well. 

"That guy is the white version of Holyfield. I sparred that guy in Russia and I said I'm not going back in the ring with that guy. He's got a great variety of punches, he's amazing. So David Price has to watch out. But David Price has to let his right hand go. I do not know why he saves it because if he hits somebody with that, they're gone. It don't matter who it is. He needs to let the right hand go."

• Paid Members

Yeah Kuzmin was listed for this card on the Matchroom site for a while with no opponent. So he's been training specifically to peak for this show for his whole camp. Price was being lined up for the fight originally but opted to fight, what he admitted himself, was an easier fight vs Sean Turner in October. Turner pulled out and here we are. You just never know with heavyweights and say what you want about Price but he still has that game changing power. Got a bad feeling he's getting fucked up though.