Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

This is a strange/sinister one...

Amir Khan posted a picture of a knife on Instagram with the text of "I wont kill him but i will watch him die".

Best wishes to Kell for a speedy recovery.

Im all for building a fight up but thats abit to far i think. Heres hoping Kel gets back on his feet and gives Khan a good beating in the ring

I can't seem to find anywhere if the Broner vs Taylor card is being shown live over here, I looked at box nation schedule and website and they have nothing done, anyone got any ideas? If both Broner and Matthysse come through their respective fights as expected, it seems likely they will meet each other next. Broner to win by late stoppage or UD, Matthysse by stoppage halfway through.

The Frampton/Martinez II is going to be some atmosphere if the weigh in is anything to go by. New stadium built for the fight, 16,000 tickets all sold out, going to be some night. I expect Frampton to come through once again, not sure if he will get a late stoppage like in the first fight or on UD, but he will take it and win the IBF world title.

• Paid Members

yeh the Frampton fight is promising to be one of those legendary nights that'll be talked about in decades to come. Frampton's well known in boxing circled but isnt a household name yet, but in Belfast he's a superstar.

Im gutted that im out at an engagement party tonight, i need to be watching this thing live.

. I don't think it matters either way what he was up to.

I agree, him being okay is more important. However, if it is true, and it comes out, his career might be in trouble. All depends if they catch the guy, or so it sounds.

Khan had some very interesting comments a few years ago, given what has happened

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/boxing/news/khan-kell-brook-uses-cocaine_22122.html

"I've heard things about Kell Brook so I wouldn't want to fight him," tweeted the 2004 Olympic silver medallist. "He's been seen taking cocaine and stabbed in a club, drunk and arrested numerous times. Boxing is a professional sport for those who have discipline and respect.

Khan's credibility is not the best though. I have heard he was tweeted pictures of knifes on his instagram the other day, which if true, makes him out to be a right twat.

• Paid Members

well Frampton did the business last night and Britain has another World Champion, Frampton bossed it pretty much the whole way, Martinez pressured but just wasn't finding much success, and Frampton was looking sharp as tack.

It was a special night for the Irish fans especially but the more exciting thing about it as a boxing fan is what happens next. I get the feeling that they are gonna try and avoid Quigg for some reason. Frampton called out Quigg post-fight but McGuigan's comments made me feel like they believe there's bigger fights available, and to be fair if you're looking at it from a fan drawing point of view Frampton's holding all the cards in this one.

Eddie Hearn has said he's going to try and set it up if Quigg wins on Saturday night, i think he's gonna need to break out the cheque book.

and I still don't like Barry McGuigan for some reason.

• Paid Members

anyone catch the Showtime card after?

There's been a ton of situations this year where guys have really made the most of their time in the spotlight, guys aint necessarily upsetting guys (thought there have been a few big ones) but people are fighting above the level that they are percieved and are really making a name for themselves, take for example Emmanuel Taylor vs. Adrien Broner.

No one really gave Taylor a shot and the show had that home fighter gimmie feel for Broner but fuck me Emmanuel Taylor probably gave him the second toughest fight of Broner's career, i guess you'd label it a technical brawl with both guys throwing some dazzling combinations, until the half way point it was dead even but Broner sort of pulled away through round 6-10 only for Taylor to rally back late. Paulie Malignaggi called it his FOTY.

oh and this happened in the last 15 seconds:

up0ksjzhey4fvsy26gez.gif

It also showed that whilst Broner is the most polarising fighter in the sport at home he's pretty fucking popular, hot crowd. It was also an exciting fight and proved that going forward Broner's going to remain a player, so many big fights to make...i personally wanna see Broner/Matthyse.

Emmanuel Taylor made a name for himself though and i'll be checking that dude out in future.