Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Predictions for the two big ones tonight?

I'm hoping for Pacquiao by KO but Rios can take serious punishment. Manny needs the win badly here coming off two losses on the bounce. Even if the Bradley loss was dodgy, it's still been a long time since Manny got his hand raised. I think he'll come in determined to prove a point tonight and if Rios gets too wild I can see Manny stopping him in the later rounds.

Fancy Froch fairly comfy on points or a TKO somewhere around the 8th-10th. Groves has a slim chance IMO, might have a strong start, but I can see Froch overwhelming him in the end.

I'm hoping for Pacquiao by KO but Rios can take serious punishment. Manny needs the win badly here coming off two losses on the bounce. Even if the Bradley loss was dodgy, it's still been a long time since Manny got his hand raised. I think he'll come in determined to prove a point tonight and if Rios gets too wild I can see Manny stopping him in the later rounds.

Fancy Froch fairly comfy on points or a TKO somewhere around the 8th-10th. Groves has a slim chance IMO, might have a strong start, but I can see Froch overwhelming him in the end.

As you are, pretty much.

Froch vs Groves is the biggest fight I will have seen live MMA or Boxing, so I am mega pumped.

I'm starting to get a little bit concerned for Brandon Rios. After seeing 24/7 build-up, I don't think he's all there mentally. And the last time, someone fucked with Freddie Roach, Pacquiao took it personally.

iw22ba.jpg

Rios keeps saying he's crazy and loves to fight. Well tonight, I think he's going to bite off a lot more than he can chew. The power, Pacquiao possesses in both hands will hurt him.

I can see Froch laying it on thick from the start ala the Bute fight. Fuck Groves up early and don't let him get into any rhythm and he should be golden. I agree with Ebb, TKO via the middle rounds.

You do not stop that fight there and the judge scorecards were a absolute disgrace. I feel for Groves, he deserved much better for a fantastic performance. Its what I dispise about this sport. It is disgusting. No way should that have been stopped, I'm done with this crap.

• Paid Members

It was a bad stoppage. Especially in light of what the ref allowed Froch to come back from in the early rounds. Still, that's not Froch's fault and he still did well to even stay in the fight let alone get Groves in trouble. There'll have to be a rematch though surely?

This is why I stopped giving a shit about boxing years ago.

Let's face it, boxing is just as rigged as wrestling. What pisses me off is when shit like the Haye-Chisora confrontation in Germany gets on the news, not just Sky Sports News but BBC mainstream news when it's clearly been set up. Yet if two wrestlers did something similar, it'd get laughed and sniggered at, and would get zero coverage.