Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

haha tell me about it man. I really wanna sell my ticket now but its one of them deals where i arranged a whole 'nostalgic' night out, i got a bunch of us to go, booked the tickets and stuff...i cant really back out if it :(

this news has ruined my day.

• Paid Members
New series started on FOX in America this week called 'Being Mike Tyson'.

Watched first episode which followed him meeting up with Holyfield to watch his son's amateur boxing fight. Worth a watch.

Thought it was excellent. I imagine when the series is finished, it'll run into a nice 2 hour documentary type thing. Tyson's clearly a couple of cards short of a deck and is a pretty complicated individual, but i can't help but want to see him happy. Showing his child-like glee at the amateur boxing event was uplifting stuff.

It's definitely worth watching if you're a Tyson fan.

I missed the Adrien Broner posts a page back, the guy is clearly allowing the fame to go to his head. Around 2 years back Broner was flashy but i read many reports saying that like Floyd he knows how to play the game, creating a bit of a persona but that he was far more reserved when the camera isn't rolling. Broner it seems has gone beyond that, he doesn't have a filter telling him whats right and what's wrong, the dude just seems like hes out of control and he's pissing a lot of people off...not in a good way either.

I hope Maidana lays him out.

Anyone see Stevenson vs Cloud? Stevenson dominated it from start to finish. Cloud's corner pulled him out in the seven round and that was for the best. Stevenson impressed me with his boxing ability tonight, more so then his power as you know he has that in abundance. He has Bellew next and I expect him to come through that with a KO or stoppage within six rounds, then maybe will see him in the ring with the winner of Pascal/Bute, Hopkins or what I think would be the greatest fight of them all put him in against Kovalev, what a fight that would be.

• Paid Members

Yeah I expect Stevenson to handle Bellew without much hassle.

I hope Mayweather vs Khan does happen. Can't see past Floyd, even with Khan's speed, but I think it would be one of Floyd's more exciting fights. I'd have Floyd to stop him around the 9th though. I think he'd be too accurate and he'd find the openings and put him away. But Khan's speed would probably make it more of an action fight than a lot of Floyd's fights end up being.

• Paid Members

Adonis Stevenson was awesome last night. He was flashy and played up to the crowd but he throws hurtful punches behind it all. Tavoris Cloud was blown away.

Stevenson/Kovalev is the fight to make, that would be awesome. Bellew/Stevenson will be fun though.

Did anyone see Chavez/Vera? i missed it but a report on eastsideboxing is claiming it a robbery, the guy there had Vera winning by 4 rounds, yet on one scorecard Chavez won by 8!

I had it scored 97/96 in favour of Vera. Some of the rounds were so close to score, I gave them as a draw. Vera was throwing a lot of combo's but Chavez Jr was coming back with powerful single shots. Chavez Jr's face was marked up quite badly around his eyes. The guy is a massive twat though, I wish he stopped being a pussy and fought at his natural weight. He drains himself to make weight, then chucks 20lbs back on just so he can overpower his opponents. He has limited skill and lives off his fathers name which he is only tarnishing. He couldn't make weight properly for this fight because he isn't dedicated to train, the catchweight kept going up from 168lbs to 173lbs, so he was fucking up Vera's training in the process. His trunks were high in this fight and when Vera caught him on the belt line, he kept stopping and whinging to the referee who wouldn't listen and told him to box on. At the end his corner and he had the gall to start shouting at the referee and swearing about him in front of the cameras. He's a spoilt prat and will get the easiest route to a world title. If he moves up to 168lbs he's going to get Sakio Bika. Andre Ward would outbox him and Froch would take his head off.

just a quick heads up, just starting using http://www.boxingonbluray.com/

superb quality blu rays come boxed with great cover art, the discs also contain art work as well, have bought 3 blu rays of the guy now all come the next day after ordering. Great service, im going to slowly start building my collection. Not bad for a tenner a blu ray. Chavez vs Vera came in the post today thats tonights viewing sorted :)

• Paid Members

yeh id looked into that, i know he adds 24/7's and stuff to the discs. Pretty cool service, im sure the guy is just ripping his stuff from WBVA though, he must be making a few quid on it.

No doubt they'll make good use of the time they have in preperation of this fight to make it seem like Khan has a fighting chance. The aspect to me that makes it slightly interesting is Khan is quicker, Mayweather has never had to face that before besides Judah who I wouldn't say was quicker but he had the speed back then and was slick. I'm sure in the build up it be all about's Khan's speed, but it won't make too much of a difference in the ring, he's going to get picked off and then either knocked out or stopped. I don't believe he deserves the shot, but when has that ever mattered in boxing.

Khans camp have released a statement saying hes training for Alexander dec7th. So i cant see how they could sign the mayweather fight. Khan will have to fight someone before Mayweather you would imagine and if it is akexander i would tip him to lose. Khan has fought two lower tier opposition since he lost to garcia and peterson, it wud be hard to sell the fight in the states without a decent name, recent decent name on khansreume.