Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Big Audley is 50-1 to win in the 1st round, also 50-1 to win in the second and the 3rd. Got to be worth a quid on each. I imagine Wilder will spark him out within the first 3 as Audley seems to shite himself from big punchers, but Wilder can get caught and i cant see this fight going much over 3 rounds.

Murray v Martinez should have a great atmosphere, i've gone with Martinez making it a hatrick of stoppages in the 11th over the brits at 14-1. Murray is a tough solid fighter but is not at the level of Martinez and with 40 odd thousand mad home fans there is should be quite the spectacle.

Garcia to spark out Judah within 5. Judah is long past his sell by date. I like Garcia and his dads always good for a bit of verbal. Although Garcia is champ alot of peple still underate or dont rate him on a few yank forums. If Matthyse beats Peterson which i think he will and these two fight, that would be a great matchup.

Not that arsed about the Khan fight, i think it will probably go the same way as his last one, with him being prety dominant and stopping Diaz between 6-9 rounds.

• Paid Members

Yeah loads of good stuff on tonight. I'd love to see Garcia vs Matthyse as well if things pan out.

Can't see past Khan, Martinez and Garcia wins tonight. Probably all stoppages. I'd like to see Audley win, he was on Bunce's show a few weeks ago and he seems in a good place mentally and it would be nice to see him have a nice run before he retires. Fuck knows though, you never know what you're getting with Audley.

Steve Bunce has tweeted Boxnation have got the Judah/Garcia fight. They're going to show it after Martinez/Murray early in the morning.

It should be a good fight with Garcia coming out on top. Judah will buckle and will fall vastly short of his own hype. Angel Garcia has been going overboard with his brash verbal jousting against the opposition camp. They had to have separate weigh-ins and press conferences so there weren't any more confrontations.

• Paid Members

Khan/Diaz was a good fight. Man, Khan looked vulnerable but came through on points, just. I thought that the judging was good. I was expecting some ridiculous hometown scores but was pleasantly surprised. I had it 114-113 and the judges scores were in that kind of area (I think one was 114-113 and two were 115-112.

I do wonder though if the fight were in the US if Khan might have been warned for holding.

Edited by nfc90210

• Paid Members

Khan vs Diaz was great wasn't it. One of the best fights this year so far. I didn't get this 'Khan has improved' talk though. He was still getting caught a worrying amount. Fair enough he came through it and it was a cracking fight but like the last Khan fight where Schafer was raving that "Khan can beat anyone in the world with that performance", I thought he fought pretty much the same as he always does. I haven't seen this big improvement under Virgil Hunter in either fight. Its early days for the Khan-Hunter partnership so it could still happen but on this fight, he's still showing the same weaknesses he always has. Credit has to go to Diaz for that as well though, he fought a good fight especially towards the end.

What a fight. Who next for Khan? Peterson, Garcia? I think Lillis was right that Team Khan should avoid Matthyse at all costs for now.

Is Khan ever in a boring fight nowadays? You always get your moneys worth when he's on the card.

I don't think we will ever really see a "new" Amir Khan as you'll never be able to calm his attacking tendencies down enough. He'll never have a top defence and will always be relying on his speed to carry him through fights. Makes it exciting for us though.

Personally, I'd have him fight Pacman. It'd be an absolute war and one I could see Khan getting the better of.

Audley :laugh:

A normal fighter you could see retiring after that but he seems to have ridiculous self belief and I can see him winning another Prizefighter tournament and still calling for title shots.

Khan gets worse every fight, think he's pretty much fucked at the top level. Would like to see him try rebuild over here though. He seems to have lost some of his speed and definitely has little power.

Garcia would ko him again, maidana would probably win back rematch

All Khan has is blinding speed and balls of steel. He'll never have a solid defence but that's what makes watching him so much fun. You know you'll get bursts of 7 or 8 punches (most of which hit the gloves) then anticipate the opponent throwing a massive hook and rocking or dropping him.

Seriously, stick him in with Manny. It'd be an absolute war.