Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Yeah the 5 shows were really good. Fury, DeGale, Eubank Jr and Galahad will end up on Sky or BoxNation which should be interesting but it's a shame 5 are getting out.

Haye on July 6th? Wonder who he'll fight? I thought he only wanted Klitschkos now. I haven't been keeping up with the news lately, could a Vitali fight happen in July?

Also, that's the same night as the Anderson Silva vs Chris Weidman UFC.

• Paid Members
Bradley fight was excellent, dunno why he decided to trade like that, had their been another round I guess he would have been stopped.

He wanted to come out and show the world that the Pacquiao decision wasn't a fluke but it went a bit wrong. I had Bradley winning the fight by a point but the slip in the 1st should of been ruled a knockdown. He couldn't get back up from a slip so he was obviously fucked up. Bradley won the majority of the middle rounds just from outboxing Provodnikov whilst he was gassed from throwing too many power punches. Its scary to think that after Bradley got a concussion in round two, what would have happened if Provodnikov had kept throwing bombs for the next 8 rounds.

yeh, it's a weird situation for Bradley. He defeats the best fighter on the planet but go no credit for it, the Pacquiao fight should have shot him to superstardom, but he ended up fighting a no-name Russiain in front of a half empty arena :( and he fought with a 'i'll show you' attitude. It almost backfired and he made it a lot harder than it needed to be, but fuck me what a fight! I loved it.

I have not seen his recent fight, but there is a case of justice with Bradley's exclusion.

He did not win against Pac-Man. The judges really messed up, it was a terrible call. Now that is not Bradley's fault, but if he would have lost on the cards to Pac-Man he would still be fighting in half empty arena's getting nowhere.

If he would have achieved stardom off such a undeserved win, it would not really be fair. I know Boxing is unfair with guys like Chris John unknown to most, whilst less talented fighters are known to most, but I cannot feel bad Bradley.

Billy Joe Saunders is fighting tomorrow night against Matthew Hall on Boxnation. On Saturday, Michael Sprott has got himself a European title shot against Robert Helenius in Germany. Helenius is slow and powerful and has taken a year off to rehab his shoulder. Sprott is probably a bit past it but he should still be able to give it a good go.

• Paid Members

Don't feel too bad for Bradley he got offered something like $5 Million to fight a guy he beat two years ago (Peterson) and it would of been a bigger fight.

He chose to fight Prog. He probably thought it would a easier fight to build him up to his Mayweather (?) fight.

• Paid Members

Its nothing to do with money, its the lack of credibilty that hurts Bradley.

Ill check out Sprott/Helenius, Sprotts on a bit of a resurgence lately, seems a decent cat too so ill always root for him.

Oh, and i know it was met with sarcasm last week (and to be honest i wasnt expecting much) but the McDermott/Skelton fight on Loaded TV last Friday was actually a decent little fight, them two fn battered each other.

Another member of the Fury family has joined the pro boxing ranks. Cousin Hughie made his pro debut last night in Canada against a local journeyman. He looked a lot more composed than Tyson as he picked his shots and didn't rush in on the attack all the time. Fight is here if you want to have a look.

Golden Boy have signed off on Lamont Peterson vs. Lucas Matthysse for the IBF light-welterweight title. That should be a good scrap and its going to be on the same card as Brook vs. Alexander. There's been some rumblings/rumours that the winner of Peterson/Matthysse will face the winner of Judah/Garcia to unify the division. Then the overall winner gets to face Amir Khan. Its harsh on someone like Danny Garcia, he has to beat 2 guys before he gets to face a guy he has already beaten.

• Paid Members

I'm not to sure on Garcia yet. Khan was killing him until that sweet shot. He does use a great variety of punches though.

The Arthur Abraham vs Robert Stieglitz was a great watch for how long it lasted.

Another member of the Fury family has joined the pro boxing ranks. Cousin Hughie made his pro debut last night in Canada against a local journeyman. He looked a lot more composed than Tyson as he picked his shots and didn't rush in on the attack all the time. Fight is here if you want to have a look.

Also, Amir Khan's younger brother, Haroon, will make his pro debut at super-fly on April 27th on BoxNation.

Stieglitz was 3 rounds of beast mode, Abraham didn't have a chance to think from the opening bell. It would be interesting to see how long Stieglitz could of stayed at that pace, really just as an insight of what would happen if he has to fight George Groves next. Groves looks amazing when he's in there against these glorified punching bags, but facing Stieglitz, we'll really see what calibre level he's at.

Sprott vs. Helenius what a dud. Sprott looked uninterested and Helenius is mediocre at best. Supposedly his shoulder is still injured, his wrist was hurt and his hand was damaged early in the fight. He always looks crap to me. He hardly moves his body, hides behind the long jab and hates anyone getting close to him. If Chisora can take him the distance and lose on a split decision, imagine how much trouble he would get with Tyson Fury.