Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

Bute has to do everything he can to not have this fight turn in to a war. Froch has struggled against guys like Kessler, Taylor, Dirrell and Ward, guys who used their skills on the outside and when in the inside tried everything to stop Froch getting into a rhythm. I think it will be very close and can't see it going any other way bar the scorecards. i'll go with my heart and say Froch takes it on a split decision.

Is this a two match fight? I'm sure i heard they will be two fights no matter what happens with the other one being in Canada.

The rematch clause seems to be there for Bute's benefit. I would think if Bute was to win and it's by a very close margain there would be a rematch, if Bute was to win easily, i'd be very surprised if Froch got a rematch as it be a hard fight to sell.

• Paid Members

Froch was brilliant. Flawless performance. Had a really special feel to it with it being in his hometown too. Like Hatton beating Tszyu at the MEN.

I really wanna see Froch vs Kessler 2 myself. The first fight was a fucking war and with Kessler being the first man to beat him I think it would make for an interesting rematch. Maybe even do it in Nottingham this time because the first was in Kessler's back yard.

Really chuffed with that showing. Froch fights are a must see in my house.

• Paid Members

Crowd seemed rabid it reminded me of Money In The Back from last year actually.

All we need was a "Froch loses and we riot" draping over.

Was worried for Carl just before the fight thought the pressure of him fighting in the his hometown might be a factor.

Bute did look to have power but looked hurt every time Carl got to him.

I don't no if i would be rushing for a rematch with Kessler though if i was Carl.

Edited by Fox Piss

• Moderators

A majestic perfomance, a devastating dervish of talent, his opponent not going the distance. The world is now at his feet.

That's right AUDLEY HARRISON IS ON THE COMEBACK TRAIL BABY! ALL ABOUT THE A-FORCE!

Amazing performance from Froch. Dominated the fight from start to finish. Bute simply didn't have the power to keep Froch off him. Thats the quickest I've ever seen Froch start off at, he came out like a man possessed and showed everything that you've come to expect from him. A rematch against Kessler next would be great, I can't see him not taking another big fight in his next fight, it's just something he does.