*Official* Youtube.com cool finds thread

quote the raven

DiBiase being great.

Sick, sick, sick botch

Off air/behind the scenes footage from the Austin and Pillman gun scene, parts 2 & 3 are linked from it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRhMvl40qjA...feature=related

(I can't remember where I saw this posted so apologies if i've nicked it from someone but I hadn't seen it in this thread)

Pride FC and K1 - Shockwave / Dynamite 2002

I have just watched the DVD of this show and it has to be seen! Antonio Inoki parachuting down to the arena is pure quality :cool:

The production values and the whole presentation is on the scale of the Olympic Games. There's some good fights plus some controversy.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Finally, in a digital format, my university TV feature on backyard wrestling. Made in April 2002:Guts and GoryFeaturing some WWE wrestler called Paul Burchill (name spelt incorrectly on the video), as well as Mark Sloan, and James Tighe's in there as well.Oh, and it was researched, filmed, written and edited in three months.It might look a bit like that Lock Up Your Sons documentary on Channel 4 from 2003, but mine was made public first.Any comments are welcome.

Really enjoyed watching this. Also, I thought it was excellently edited together and the shots in general were really good. Being a media student I tend to naturally look out for these things more so than I used to and I see you really put some effort into this. And all that in three months? Damn baby.
Thanks a lot.I pitched the idea to my course leaders in the October of 2001, but hadn't done a single shred of either the documentary or the accompanying dissertation by the time March rolled around, and it had to be in on May 9. Not worrying, I packed a suitcase and went to Toronto for 4 days for WrestleMania X8.I got back, started researching on the day after I returned, got my first shots on April 5, and edited it in 3 days. The 30 second WWF montage took 6 hours to do.Following that initial consultation, the tutors never spoke to me about it again - so I could have been going in the wrong direction and never knew.

At College right now our final project for the course is a 30 minute documentary on the subject of our choosing. Last month I chose to do British Wrestling, looking at it's past and looking into the future as well. We've got a deadline of around five months (Which started in Janurary) and I've got my first interview lined up next Saturday. My biggest problem will be getting enough footage to fill the 30 minutes without rambling on too much. But nevertheless I'm looking forward to it.

30 minutes is a long time, but with wrestling, the visual aspect of it will be tremendous. When I pitched my idea, my tutor described it as "sexy", without seeing a single frame.

Have you tried entering this into any little film festivals or anything like that? I've been to a few as part of my course and seen plenty of documentaries and such like, and this would eat most of them alive.

It's a bit dated now, but at the time, it won Central TV's Student Documentary of the Year, and the Royal Television Society (Midlands) Student Television Factual Award. It was nominated for the national RTS Student Award, but lost out by one vote, so the judging panel told me afterwards.Maverick TV were interested in turning it into an hour-long piece for TV, where I would have been given Executive Producer rights, but they found out about Lock Up Your Sons, which was already being made, and it didn't go any further than that.

Johnny Midnight & James Mason vs. Go Shiozaki & Makoto Hashi:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwLQaEURLT0

Hate to be a fussy Freddy, but that was posted 5 weeks ago!!! It's not Go Shiozaki either, as someone pointed out at the time.
Yeah, it's Atsushi Aoki.Still, great to see matches from Butlins featuring the NOAH talent.

Finally, in a digital format, my university TV feature on backyard wrestling. Made in April 2002:Guts and GoryFeaturing some WWE wrestler called Paul Burchill (name spelt incorrectly on the video), as well as Mark Sloan, and James Tighe's in there as well.Oh, and it was researched, filmed, written and edited in three months.It might look a bit like that Lock Up Your Sons documentary on Channel 4 from 2003, but mine was made public first.Any comments are welcome.

Man, its been a while since I've seen that! Still a great watch though man.