The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• Paid Members

Ok then boys and girls today I heard another bit of information regarding the Derby. The owners of Salford Mill have turned down 2 million quid for the horse from one of the major players in the world of horse breeding, most likely Godolphin but I was not told exactly who. The owner and trainer are convinced they can get 4 million for it after it has won the Derby. Now that is a lot of money to turn down if you are not sure it will win, so subsequently I have just been on betfair and wiped out the last of the 9.6 that was available and it is now down to 9.2. I can do no more than pass on the information. It is up to you what you do with it.Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Salford Mill is currently trading at 20+ on Betfair, so either the oweners are trying to pillock us or something. I've had a nibble over the last few days, but I owe you nothing after the Cockney Rebel tip.Incidently, I've hoovered up all the 6/4 on Rebel in the Irish Guiness, and I now feel somewhat attached to it cos it would be a pile!

Salford Mill has reportedly not been running as well as he should be on the gallops, hence the massive drift out in price (and also aiding the shortening of Authorized) Personally im not going to be having a bet on the Derby, its a bad race this year with not much strength in depth and I really wouldnt be surprised if a big priced horse won it at about 20/1. Authorized is favourite on the basis that it won the Racing Post Trophy and the Dante. The Racing Post Trophy was run on Heavy ground (Much different ground then it will be on Derby day) and IMO he didnt really beat much in the Dante, but both have been used in past years as very strong guides to the Derby. If Raincoat gets supplemented, then I may have an ew dabble on him, but thats about it.

Agreed. The horse that beat Salford Mill - Petara Bay - is available at 60 on Betfair. I'll have a dabble on that as well. I just think that Dettori is destined to not win the Derby, and you're correct in saying that Authorized prefers a bit of cut in the ground. Aqaleem (sp?) beat Authorized first time out as a 2 yr old, and won the Lingfield Derby Trial very well also.As for the Oaks, Passage of Time is the form pick, but has the horse equivalent of Bronchitis or something. I think it is struggling with an abcess or summat.

• Paid Members

Those of you who have seen the racing post today may know that Salford Mill again did not live up to expectations on the breakfast with the stars gallop yesterday. The horse appears to be fine, it did not seem though to like the course. I have found out today that the connections have again turned down the

Oaks in an hour.Anybody about? I've had Measured Tempo at 12 on Betfair. I've also topped up on Salford Mill, despite the bad work its been doing. Elsworth reported a better piece of work earlier in the week, so fingers crossed.Had a bit on Sir Percy in the next as well. Returning to the scene of his finest hour and all that.

Selection Selection Details Result 1 Euro 2008 Faroe Islands vs Italy Match betting 2007-06-02 19:45:00 Italy @ 1/50 Pending 2 Euro 2008 Estonia vs Croatia Match betting 2007-06-02 19:30:00 Croatia @ 2/5 Pending 3 Euro 2008 Lithuania vs Georgia Match betting 2007-06-02 19:00:00 Georgia @ 11/5 Pending 4 Euro 2008 Bosnia vs Turkey Match betting 2007-06-02 19:00:00 Turkey @ 10/11 Pending 5 Euro 2008 Belarus vs Bulgaria Match betting 2007-06-02 19:00:00 Bulgaria @ 6/5 Pending 6 Euro 2008 Finland vs Serbia Match betting 2007-06-02 17:15:00 Finland @ 6/4 Pending 7 Euro 2008 Azerbaijan vs Poland Match betting 2007-06-02 17:00:00 Poland @ 2/9 Pending 8 Finnish HJK Women vs PuiU Women Match betting 2007-06-05 16:30:00 HJK Women @ 1/5 Pending 9 French Open C Moya vs F Serra Match betting 2007-05-31 13:40:00 C Moya @ 3/10 Win 10 French Open S Williams vs M Sequera Match betting 2007-05-31 13:50:00 S Williams @ 1/25 Win 11 French Open A Mauresmo vs N Dechy Match betting 2007-05-31 15:30:00 A Mauresmo @ 1/12 Win 12 French Open D Hantuchova vs O Poutchkova Match betting 2007-06-01 11:30:00 D Hantuchova @ 1/9 Win

1 bet @ 2.00 per bet Status Faroe Islands V Scotland Scotland to Win @ 1.10 Open Lithuania V Italy Italy to Win @ 1.33 Open France V Georgia France to win @ 1.12 Open Bosnia- Herzegovina V Malta Bosnia- Herzegovina to win @ 1.16 Open Greece V Moldova Greece to win @ 1.16 Open Germany V Slovakia Germany to win @ 1.25 Open Estonia V England England to Win @ 1.22 Open Liechtenstein V Spain Spain to Win @ 1.02 Open Bulgaria V Belarus Bulgaria to win @ 1.30 Open C Moya V R Nadal R Nadal to Win @ 1.04 Open

Thanks bAz, I'd like to thank God, my family...Anyway, I've not touched betting, or OLBG for a few weeks now, been too caught up with exams and skint but I'm gonna be having a wee tinkle soon. Cheers to JFFC for the tip the other day, which came in, but I didn't bet on :(