DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

Watched Sliver last night, and was mildly disappointed. Not scary enough to be a good horror, not funny enough to be a great commentary. Some terrific visuals and genuine laughs at times, but overall, wouldn't particularly have the urge to watch it again.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Transformers 2

I thought this was really good. Slightly better than the first one and some of the action sequences were brilliant. Didnt look into the story too much, which is probably why I liked it so much!

The 2 'gangster' robots were great!!

The Hangover

I cant remember the last time I laughed so much in the cinema. It was side splitting stuff from start to finish.. with the bearded guy and the nerd stealing the show. Even Mike Tyson was great! Definately worth a watch for anyone who likes a laugh.

• Paid Members

NEWM, I think you watched "Slither" rather than "Sliver" going by your comments.

One is about alien slugs of death with Nathan Fillion, the other is about voyeuristic sexy times with Sharon Stone.

NEWM, I think you watched "Slither" rather than "Sliver" going by your comments.

One is about alien slugs of death with Nathan Fillion, the other is about voyeuristic sexy times with Sharon Stone.

JLM, that's the most horrendous typo I think I've ever done. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

To clarify, it was the first one. Voyeuristic sexy times with Sharon Stone, there was not.

Over the weekend saw:

Don King - Only In America off ITV4

- Worth seeing if interested in boxing and Don King might not appeal to everyone though.

Mummy - Tomb of the dragon emperor for Father's Day. A fun action packed film with excellent special effects. Enjoyed but very fast paced movie.

Just watched X-Men Origins - Wolverine there and really enjoyed it, had been put off wathcing it by people moaning on here but gave it a go anyway. I'm no X-Men geek like some on here obviously so my knowledge was limited to the odd cartoon what used to get shown on Live & Kicking back in the day so any plot hole from the comic went over my head.

• Paid Members

Fuck the plotholes from the comic, I've never read them either. I would say film created enough of them by itself but it didn't it was just lazy and badly produced.

• Paid Members

Caught Trasnformers 2 on Sunday, and really enjoyed it. Quite a few reviews slate it for being self-indulgent: what the hell did they expect when it's based on a cartoon about robots that fucking transform into cars and planes and fight eachother?! The storyline for such a film is never going to be Oscar-material, so don't expect a masterpiece and just enjoy it for what it is.

A question for anyone that's seen it:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

Was I the only one who laughed when the Matrix of Leadership turned to dust?

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Enjoyed Transformers 2.

Did what it said on the tin, expanded the universe a bit.

A couple of things were annoying and I thought bits of it were slightly rushed but it was a fun movie.

I wasn't that fond of the 'gangster' robots. I don't see a point in them to be honest. Have comedy characters

but not ones that could easily be interpreted as Racist.

I bought my Wife Ice Age 2 for her Birthday last week, we enjoyed watching that. Beautiful animation but the story was a little weaker than the first film. We are going to see Ice Age 3 next week at the Cinema.

King King (Peter Jackson) was on one of the Freeview channels the other night. First time we had seen it. I had avoided it in the past because I thought it looked dull. Far from it! Even though it was way to long with the commercials I found it to be a really great story, quality acting, nice scenary etc....

My only gripe with it was some of the CGI was horrible. Especially when they are being chased (or caught up in a stampede) of Dinosaurs in the Jungle. It was SO awful for words. It was so obvious it was blue screened it was impossible to suspend your disbelief.