DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Oh and I'd recommend you all check out Ken Park or other Larry Clark movies like Kids, Bully or Wassup Rockers. For those who aren't very familiar with his work, he's a very controversial director who makes movies that show the lives of working class teenagers. He's so controversial as he doesn't shy away from showing the true images of sex and drugs that teenagers indulge upon on sometimes a daily basis. I have to be honest, Ken Park is one of his more graphic films so if you're easily shocked or easily disgusted then start with Kids. It'll still sicken you but will prepare you for his other films.

Larry Clark's just a dirty old man.

QUOTE (Steveo2007 @ Aug 12 2008, 1:06) *Oh and I'd recommend you all check out Ken Park or other Larry Clark movies like Kids, Bully or Wassup Rockers.For those who aren't very familiar with his work, he's a very controversial director who makes movies that show the lives of working class teenagers. He's so controversial as he doesn't shy away from showing the true images of sex and drugs that teenagers indulge upon on sometimes a daily basis. I have to be honest, Ken Park is one of his more graphic films so if you're easily shocked or easily disgusted then start with Kids. It'll still sicken you but will prepare you for his other films.

Kids is a brilliant film which portrays asimilar life that quite a number of teenagers live these days. Most people in this day won't be too fazed by it and further films by him but I believe there was some fuore when it was first released.

• Moderators

Spent the evening with housemate who suggested we watch some films he downloaded.Never Back Down: Ok if you want to turn off and watch jock american teens smash each others face in and some of the training/dojo sequences are ok but overall... meh.Meet the Spartans: Please tell me no-one found this funny... I left the room after ten/fifthteen minutes and I am still wondering why this was santioned.

From everything that you've said about your housemate in various threads (pretty much this one and the '5 things you hate' thread, really), he sounds like such a fucking knobber. Like, a right twat. And probably quite hard to ignore at that.I don't know how you put up with it.

Tim Curry is absolutely phenomenal in that film.

He's just about the only one. Well, I think a couple of the kids do a pretty good job as well. There's some fucking woeful acting in there though. Doesn't stop the movie being an absolute favourite of mine though, mainly because of Pennywise.Favourite moment has to be ...

From everything that you've said about your housemate in various threads (pretty much this one and the '5 things you hate' thread, really), he sounds like such a fucking knobber. Like, a right twat. And probably quite hard to ignore at that.I don't know how you put up with it.

I've known him for twelve years but this is the first time I've spent longer than two weeks in a house like envioronment. (Holidays and crashing at his when I left my missus.) Generally he is not too bad but lately he's been taking way too many drugs coupled with his large weed addiction it's fucking him up. Ive tried helping him out by getting him to the doctors and the like but it only works as long as his willpower.But yeah for the most part at the moment he is a fucking knobber. He's easy to put up with once everyone's gone home but I guess it's true when they say you can't live with a friend.

Oh and I'd recommend you all check out Ken Park or other Larry Clark movies like Kids, Bully or Wassup Rockers. For those who aren't very familiar with his work, he's a very controversial director who makes movies that show the lives of working class teenagers. He's so controversial as he doesn't shy away from showing the true images of sex and drugs that teenagers indulge upon on sometimes a daily basis. I have to be honest, Ken Park is one of his more graphic films so if you're easily shocked or easily disgusted then start with Kids. It'll still sicken you but will prepare you for his other films.

Larry Clark's just a dirty old man.
Well sir, although I may disagree with your opinion I would defend to the death your right to that opinion.

• Paid Members

Watched Cloverfield again... I think its one of those movies that isnt so great when you watch it the second time (I thought it was pretty good the first!). I was left with a 'is that it?.. Im sure there was more' feeling.

I watched Minority Report and Clerks 2 for the first time.......Minority report, pile of wank. Clerks 2 was kinda what Jersey Girl should have been. A nice romantic movie but it works and has a nice ending. The Dante/Randal relationship makes the movie, though Randalls acceptance of Jay and Bob was never really explained as the last movie they were in together Randall had them arrested.Rewatched Hedwig and Party Monster whilst working last night. Borth tremendous films. Though Hedwigs better, always love the scene where he and Tommy stare at each other in the end to reflect the main song/theme.

Tim Curry is absolutely phenomenal in that film.

I agree.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

The end monster is rather strange though. Terrible graphics, looks more like a cartoon. [close spoiler]
");document.close();pennywise.jpgWe all float down here Billy, you will too!
Hey you, lunchbox.Hennnnnnnnnnnnnnryyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Henry Bowers.

• Paid Members

Jeepers Creepers - i remember alot of people talking about this when it came out, most people's way of seeing it was 'good until you see the killer', so i was expecting something ridiculous. I got something ridiculous, but i thought it was fucking cool all the same. It's just a fun, monster movie. I think it threw people by starting like a it's gonna be a chase/slasher like film, but then morphing into something over the top. Good fun :thumbsup:

I.D. - Not the best footy film but it was OK. Some familier faces too, most from Eastenders i.e. Billy Mitchell, Anthony Truman, Owen the nutter (Libby's dad), that northern bird who had a nutter for a son and also went out with Grant. A young and council looking Sean Pertwee who I only really remember from Equilibrium.Human Traffic - Not what I expected, not brilliant but watchable. It was quite funny in places too thanks to Danny Dyer. My main niggle with this film is that all the girls were fucking ugly, or is that because it was set in Cardiff?Starship Troopers 3 & Silent Hill - Turned them off after 15 mins, utter tripe. Should have known better with Starship Troopers 3 though.